"Try social media - that's best" airport police tell irate passenger after wallet stolen from Don Muang

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, JJGreen said:

It pays to be cautious.

Would you tell your girl to walk a dark alley by herself just because rape is against the law and shouldn't happen?

Of course not.

Would the girl be wearing a bikini and be on an island? If so, she may be asking for it.

15 hours ago, smotherb said:

You checked "Like" on my first post on this subject--did you not understand it? 

I am bothered by the facts: 1)  you can check your bags and they may be rifled--no matter what you put in them. You go to the airline, 2) they deny all responsibility and tell you not to put valuables in your bags--my clothes are valuable to me, in fact anything I would lug around and wait for is valuable to me. Then, you go to the police and 3) they say put it out on social media.  What a bunch of crap. 

Now, to clarify so you do not get further confused, I am neither suggesting putting gold in my bags nor having my girl walk alone down a dark alley. And,  I most certainly am not advocating spitting into the wind.

Referring to your point #2 once the checked in bag leaves the check in counter it's pretty much out of the airline's hands - you can't hold them responsible for what happens on the inner airport. Likewise unless there's evidence (of which the OP said the CCTV didn't show anything unusual) then there's not much the airport can do - it's more or less like innocent until proven guilty.

Given all that, isn't it just better to be cautious and avoid the problem in the first place?

17 hours ago, JJGreen said:

U said your clothes are valuable to you.

I naturally assumed that your clothes must be worth a lot to you if u mentioned it.

Just saying...i doubt the baggage gangs will be targetting some farangs oversize clothes

You assumed, did you? Still jumping to conclusions and being wrong again. Like my grandpappy used to say, "you just can't reason with a duck, it will never understand." 

You assumed, did you? Still jumping to conclusions and being wrong again. Like my grandpappy used to say, "you just can't reason with a duck, it will never understand." 

How long into negotiations with the Duck until your grandpappy came up with that pearl of wisdom?

16 hours ago, BlindMagician said:

I am stupid.

Please explain the maths to me.

80,000 = 3 ?

Gold in Thailand is measured in baht, not currency baht. One baht of gold is roughly half an ounce (15.16g), so 3 baht gold would be 45.48g, or about an ounce and a half--Troy, of course, not Avoir du Pois. Since the gold price is roughly $1,331oz; 3 baht gold would be $1,997.   B80,000 at 35/$ =  $2,286--add the jewelers cost for making a chain. So, B80,000 = 3 baht gold MOL

On 8/10/2016 at 1:03 PM, louse1953 said:

Not Thai's.

As much as I'd like to agree, I'd wager there are plenty of wealthy Thais out there sitting on large amounts while still living like a common person. Not all of them have to naa yai, just most. :-)