4 abreast in the middle of the road!!

Chiengmaijoe

Okay, it's fair to assume that they've had a few scoops if they're out and about after midnight, but how does that explain them walking four-abreast in the middle of the road with their back against the traffic? This is quite common on Ratchawithi road after closing hours but I haven't seen it on Chiang Moi before.  The footpath on Chiang Moi is quite reasonable, and thinking about it, so is the footpath on the left side of Ratchawithi, heading towards the moat. Drunk or not, I doubt if they'd do this in Germany , which is where they were from. I'm reminded of the video that keeps popping up on Youtube, with the Welsh guy saying ... You F%$king Tw@&. 

PICT2191.mpg

I happened across 2 Chinese on a scooter yesterday that had no idea what they were doing or to that point where they were going.  How they didnt cause an accident was beyound me.

Fortunately yesterday I took the car into town as the weather looked to be preparing for rain.  I was at the main intersection near the 3 Kings when these 2 clowns on a scooter approached from behind, wobbling all over the place as if they had no control of the scooter.  Its not as if they were overweight although  they were going so slow,  it appeared difficult for them to keep the scooter upright.  Maybe first time riders?

However, after they appeared to hold up the traffic (A few cars away from me), the rode virtually from one side of the road to the middle, back to the side again and then into the middle of the turning lane.  The drivers behind these 'tourists' were getting a bit frustrated by now.  The lights were changing to red.  Then these hazards (Chinese) waited until the vehicle on the opposite side to the intersection started to move forward and they crossed into the oncoming traffic lane and turned right towards the moat.

How they managed to get through without getting hit or causing an accident is beyond me.

Am I surprised?  Not any more... Ive only been in CM 4 years and the Chinese never fail to do the unthinkable/risky/dangerous/stupid manoeuvres imaginable while traveling on public roads.  Id hate to think they do the same back in China.