Spring News fined 50,000 baht for defying NCPO orders

webfact

Spring News fined 50,000 baht for defying NCPO orders

Spring-News-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The broadcasting board of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission decided by 4:1 votes on Monday to fine Spring News digital TV station 50,000 baht for defying three NCPO orders.

The board ruled that some of the contents of the Face Time programme which was aired on the night of July 20 are deemed a threat to national security and public good morals and may result in an overthrow of democratic rule.

Moreover, the broadcasting board also issued a warning for Voice TV, saying that the content of the Tonight Thailand programme broadcasted on May 25 last year was deemed a violation of NCPO orders and was not allowed to be aired.

The airing of the programme also went against an agreement between NBTC and Voice TV.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/spring-news-fined-50000-baht-defying-ncpo-orders/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-09

I was about to post and ask where the courts and legal counsel were in all this, then I remembered where I was and the vote rendering such legal niceties unnecessary of just a couple of days ago.

These are sore winners, as people will find out to their cost.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Spoken like a true believer in freedom of speech. Jackboots pinching a bit this morning are they?

I will remind you again - there is no such a thing on this planet, only in your head

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I will remind you again - there is no such a thing on this planet, only in your head

and where have you lived apart from the planet Zogg, freedom of speech and the right to peacefull protest is in many european countries,  this oppression and slander  laws is used like a business (used to make money ) and is rife in the east and far countries and the USA