"Conman of a hundred names"  banged to rights in south Thailand

webfact

"Conman of a hundred names"  banged to rights in south Thailand

a3.jpg

Image: Daily News

SONGKHLA:-- A conman who police say swindled many people all over the south of Thailand has been rounded up and arrested.

Tanakrit Ratana, 56, who was caught hiding in Hat Yai, Songkhla, had the nickname of the conman of a hundred names because he changed his so often, reported Daily News.

He had been wanted on separate arrest warrants issued in Samui, mainland Surat Thani, Phuket and Krabi in the period 2010 to 2013.

With three others who remain at large he is said to have conned people out of money  pretending to have land for sale.

He even extorted more money by playing the Thai game "gam thua" with his victims. It is a game where people bet on how many beans are held in both hands.

The gang is thought to have swindled many people out of millions of baht across the south. He was detained ahead of prosecution for his crimes.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-09

I hope he never gets out , the world is full of con artist aided by google . If you were  running a business and allowed scammers to use it as a vehicle you would be shut down this should be the case for face book and large corps  they have no duty of care

like it not it is human weakness that permits such people to benefit from us. these operators are masters at human shortcomings and abuse these to take advantage of the situation.

other than being vigilant  there is pretty little we can do to escape from them. 

3 hours ago, shirtless said:

I hope he never gets out , the world is full of con artist aided by google . If you were  running a business and allowed scammers to use it as a vehicle you would be shut down this should be the case for face book and large corps  they have no duty of care

hi shirtless

if , as you suggest, he never gets out, then he is also a liability to the taxpayers who have to maintain himlittle choice between both eveils.

Looks like he's got several of his alias names tattooed on his neck. But, in spite of them, he'd never be spotted/identified whilst wearing that cap and those dark sun glasses. In the meantime his hand/fingers and face gesture seem to imply, "No i not give you Ha roi, I give you Sam roi only, then I go home, OK !"

Edited by mankondang