How to get Thai women walkimg fast. Secrets exposed

JJGreen

My missus doesn't like walking anywhere either. When parking in a department store I just want an empty space. The missus wants as close to the doors as possible where its ridiculously busy.  She walks slower than me but I'm a lot taller than her so that kind of makes sense

2 hours ago, tandor said:

...a baby harness would work...someone told me years ago it originated by walking in single file through the forest and fields..just something they do to this day..i thought perhaps they were not proud to be seen side by side..i laughed to myself when i read yours had disappeared into a shop leaving you to chat away to yourself...who knows..nothing much seems to worry them.

Agree about the baby harness - I often told my Western husband it would be a good idea so that I didn't keep losing him whilst shopping :).

Let's face it, we're all interested in different things - so go 'missing in action' when we spot something in which we're interested.  Our partner will be bored to death when forced to hang around looking at things in which they have no interest.

1 hour ago, JJGreen said:

Rare in malls... more common on the BTS and MRT in bkk

Its not at all rare in malls!   As someone who wants to get in and out of malls as quickly as possible, I can't begin to tell you how often I've been blocked by people (Thais) who see no reason to move for someone trying to walk up escalators.  Where's the bad-tempered emoticon?

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Its not at all rare in malls!   As someone who wants to get in and out of malls as quickly as possible, I can't begin to tell you how often I've been blocked by people (Thais) who see no reason to move for someone trying to walk up escalators.  Where's the bad-tempered emoticon?

I meant it was rare to see Thais walking up the escalator in malls but a lot in a hurry on the mrt.

Agree 100% about the blockages

On 8/9/2016 at 3:25 PM, Denim said:

My wife is also a slow walker. No matter how slow I walk she always manages to fall behind. I sometimes start talking to her only to end up talking to myself with her nowhere in sight as she has disappeared into a shop without telling me. The only way we can arrive anywhere together is if we hold hands when walking. That way with me tugging her on and she dragging me back we move at an average pace that ensures we don't get overtaken by anyone with a zimmerframe.

Oh, Yeah, exactly like my wife ........

Heels !!!....  now my Wife and I have a son we find ourselves occasionally having to run after him...  

My Wife is also less conscious of how wonderful she looks, thus doesn't feel the need to dress in heels when going out in the day time... 

Without heels she walks at my pace !...  With heels my wife is constantly saying "slow down"... 

so for me, heel's are the difference... 

On holiday in the UK we've just been hiking in the lakes, mountain biking etc....  my Wife also does an intensive pilates session 5 times per week, she's fit and healthy but doesn't enjoy walking very far when wearing her heeled shoes....

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Heels !!!....  now my Wife and I have a son we find ourselves occasionally having to run after him...  

My Wife is also less conscious of how wonderful she looks, thus doesn't feel the need to dress in heels when going out in the day time... 

Without heels she walks at my pace !...  With heels my wife is constantly saying "slow down"... 

so for me, heel's are the difference... 

On holiday in the UK we've just been hiking in the lakes, mountain biking etc....  my Wife also does an intensive pilates session 5 times per week, she's fit and healthy but doesn't enjoy walking very far when wearing her heeled shoes....

Weird - when young my friends and I spent our lives in high heels, walk fast - and run if necessary to get a cab or whatever.

We walk slowly when we have no interest in following someone else's path or - if we're interested in the shops in which our partner has no interest.

Edit - I suspect your wife is used to sitting around in them, rather than walking around with them.

Edited by dick dasterdly

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Weird - when young my friends and I spent our lives in high heels, walk fast - and run if necessary to get a cab or whatever.

We walk slowly when we have no interest in following someone else's path or - if we're interested in the shops in which our partner has no interest.

Edit - I suspect your wife is used to sitting around in them, rather than walking around with them.

Heels.. good observation

In the past I bought a Girlfriend sports shoes to avoid the heels situation and minimise walking frustrations.

It was money very well spent 

56 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

A few years ago that was the case - that said, I am a fast walker !...  

And Yes...  on the way to H&M the pace definitely picks up !!!...   

... Since pregnancy (no heels worn) my Wife seems to suffer in heels. It seems heel's need regular training !!

A day out in a capital city in heels is definitely not an option for her these days... 

... Gone are the days when cosmetic appearance outweighs comfort !...  Dressing up for dinner or the theatre (when in the UK) has changed to walking boots & picnics... 

...  Michelin stars have been swapped out for Ella's kitchen... and along with it clothes which food doesn't stick to or are readily and cheaply replaced !!!... 

On 8/9/2016 at 8:16 PM, canuckamuck said:

My wife has climbed mountains with me in Nepal. Our field is a 1/2km from the house and she walks there as often as she takes her motorcycle, and often carries stuff back. When she is working out there she brings her lunch and stays out there all day, while I prefer to go home and make something and get out of the elements for a while. 

I just thought I would add this so the thread wasn't all about generalisations.

Yes,my missus has done two treks in the Annapurnas and one in Langtang.Funnily she is way ahead in the mountains but lags behind on the flat.Plus we saw at least 30 Thai people trekking on THE ABC trek this year,so Thais are out and about.

let it be seen that you are out in front, perving on the chicks - she'll need catch up so to keep beady eyes on ya!

Only place missus never complained, was last year 5 days in Paris,

- and we walked everywhere except for the day down at the palace in Versaille, where...

she took off again

anywhere else - gigyat

Well now...you are learning that nothing motivates a Thai person to move quickly more so than food.

That is why I tell my friends the Thais have Som Tum on their brains all the time because they are preoccupied with the thought of eating.

Cheers

My gf will climb mountains or crawl through caves and do 16km jungle treks with me at a good pace but as soon as theres a pavement she slows down to crawling pace..... or uses the scooter to cross the street. 

Edited by tomyumchai

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 10:02 AM, catman20 said:

i bet she fat 

I'm fat and my wife is thin, but I easily out pace my wife when we're out and about shopping. She is painfully slow, even at the shopping mall in the air con. After one circuit of our local mall she's had enough and wants to go home. Even when she runs to fetch something she does so in a funny way as if everyones watching her. She does this jumping bunny run. Maybe she doesn't want to lose face or something. The only other time I've seen Thais run is those who wear shorts and t-shirts and go jogging in the morning.

14 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I'm fat and my wife is thin, but I easily out pace my wife when we're out and about shopping. She is painfully slow, even at the shopping mall in the air con. After one circuit of our local mall she's had enough and wants to go home. Even when she runs to fetch something she does so in a funny way as if everyones watching her. She does this jumping bunny run. Maybe she doesn't want to lose face or something. The only other time I've seen Thais run is those who wear shorts and t-shirts and go jogging in the morning.

The jumping bunny sounds interesting...video would help

Heels wouldn't work here - would only make her slower - she can't walk in the things.....Because I'm tall she tried some toppled over like on ice skates, funny to watch.....

In Thailand her and the girls always ask me why I walk so fast......Part of it is I don't window shop - just head to where we're going......

Couldn't slow her down in Paris - she's a determined tourist.....Meanwhile I'm keeping up with feet killing me because I'm no longer used to shoes, cost me some toenails while she's charging full speed ahead.....They burn up the track walking in Paris anyway.....

In Tesco or Big C - one wrong glance and it's like Poof - gone; and not easy to find either.....

16 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Heels wouldn't work here - would only make her slower - she can't walk in the things.....Because I'm tall she tried some toppled over like on ice skates, funny to watch.....

In Thailand her and the girls always ask me why I walk so fast......Part of it is I don't window shop - just head to where we're going......

Couldn't slow her down in Paris - she's a determined tourist.....Meanwhile I'm keeping up with feet killing me because I'm no longer used to shoes, cost me some toenails while she's charging full speed ahead.....They burn up the track walking in Paris anyway.....

In Tesco or Big C - one wrong glance and it's like Poof - gone; and not easy to find either.....

Your last line pg.  Me and a mate have said much the same. There seems to be some sort of time loop in Lotus or maybe a gateway to another aisle.

I take an item of a shelf then say to 'er indoors ; who is now in Lotus. " What about a tin of this ? " No answer and I find there is no TW. I look down other aisles and no sign then poof and she is leaning on the trolley.  Maybe she should shop on her own, maybe I am getting too old to take her up the aisle.

41 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Your last line pg.  Me and a mate have said much the same. There seems to be some sort of time loop in Lotus or maybe a gateway to another aisle.

I take an item of a shelf then say to 'er indoors ; who is now in Lotus. " What about a tin of this ? " No answer and I find there is no TW. I look down other aisles and no sign then poof and she is leaning on the trolley.  Maybe she should shop on her own, maybe I am getting too old to take her up the aisle.

I know they will find me again when it comes time to pay

Men always miss the point.

Some are naturally slow walkers, whilst others are fast walkers.

When it comes to shopping malls its entirely different.  The level of interest depends on the shop.  Try to rush someone looking at something in which they're interested - it doesn't work, and will only lead to bad feeling.

We learn this the hard way, which is why most women prefer to leave their men in a coffee shop whilst they look at everything in which they're interested.  Unless of course, there's a shop in which the man is interested and can happily spend time.

7 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Ninja shopping......

9 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Men always miss the point.

Some are naturally slow walkers, whilst others are fast walkers.

When it comes to shopping malls its entirely different.  The level of interest depends on the shop.  Try to rush someone looking at something in which they're interested - it doesn't work, and will only lead to bad feeling.

We learn this the hard way, which is why most women prefer to leave their men in a coffee shop whilst they look at everything in which they're interested.  Unless of course, there's a shop in which the man is interested and can happily spend time.

Not sure if Thai women have that message yet...I see an awful lot shopping with their guy