Turkey : Bomb Attacks

webfact

Turkey : Bomb Attacks

606x341_340994.jpg

ANKARA: -- Bomb blasts in two cities in southeast Turkey killed nine people and wounded thirty-eight on Wednesday. Security sources are blaming the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) for the coordinated attacks on police targets.

Since the PKK abandoned its ceasefire last year, Turkey’s predominantly Kurdish southeast has seen its worst violence in two decades.

Three civilians were killed by roadside explosives detonated by remote control in the town of Kiziltepe in the Mardin province, near the Syrian border. The attack targeted a bus carrying police officers, the sources said.

Earlier in the day, five soldiers were killed and 9 wounded when militants opened fire with rockets and long-range weapons from across the border in northern Iraq.

In the region’s largest city, Diyarbakir, sources say five civilians were killed in a car bomb attack apparently targeting police, the sources said.

12 people were wounded in that attack, including five police officers.

The PKK, designated a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the European Union and the United States, took up arms against the Turkish state in 1984. Over 40,000 people have died in the violence, the majority of them Kurds.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-11

This story conflates multiple and unrelated issues that yes, do paint a portrait of some troubling times in Turkey, but obscure that the jury is till out as to who did the bombings,. There is zero reason to take out of hand the notion that every single event in Turkey is not currently staged. Of course this is not correct, but it is now a reasonable first consideration.

36 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

Turkish people say bye bye to freedom. Another islamic country and people don't realize it yet.

Is it going to be another Sunni/Shiite infighting country?  

Edited by Caps

7 minutes ago, Caps said:

No. That would be too simple.

Did you not notice that the article was about an alleged PKK attack and made no reference whatsoever to sectarianism?

Let that knowledge be the starting point on your journey into understanding the competing factions represented in the remnant of the Ottoman Empire.

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Did you not notice that the article was about an alleged PKK attack and made no reference whatsoever to sectarianism?

Let that knowledge be the starting point on your journey into understanding the competing factions represented in the remnant of the Ottoman Empire.

There won't be no journey and yes I did see the bit about the PKK, they are Kurds and Kurds are predominantly Sunni (and variants of) and the only reason I asked is because if the Sunni/Shia problems in Iraq. (Shia being the majority)

It was more out of curiosity, if they want to blow up the Turks its up to them

1 hour ago, Caps said:

I can't say exactly it become another Sunni/Shiite country, but AttaTurk didn't wish any Islamic law in the government. But now unfortunately the president played a very good role in turning everything to his side. He has arrested thousands of people. In Army, Education system, News agencies etc. So he probably want to change the entire education system and make them Islamic. He may execute the head of Army and create his own so no one can stand against him.

I hope I am not right.

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

There was always problem with PKK in Turkey. But after the failed Army take over he started arresting everyone whom he think as a treat. Imagine 60 000 people from Army, Education department, News agencies etc are either arrested or lost their job just in couple of weeks. He is demanding to be able to execute people once again. Why such a rush to kill so many people immediately? I hope I am wrong but I think Turkey will be another Islamic Republic.