North Korea 'feeding workers crystal meth' to speed up skyscraper project

webfact

North Korea 'feeding workers crystal meth' to speed up skyscraper project

James Rothwell

PYONGYANG: -- North Korean workers are being given a methamphetamine-based drug in the hope it will speed up a major construction project, according to reports.

Project managers in the city's capital of Pyongyang are said to be under so much pressure to finish the job on time that they have resorted to openly providing builders with the drug.

Nicknamed "ice," it is a form of the powerful stimulant methamphetamine, which is also known as crystal meth. When snorted or inhaled, crystal meth gives users a sense of euphoria, increased energy levels and a suppressed appetite. The effects can last up to 12 hours.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/north-korea-feeding-workers-crystal-meth-to-speed-up-skyscraper-project-20160810-gqpsz9

-- Sydney Morning Herald 2016-08-11

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Thailand's future?

Well... isn't that what Yaba is ? ?     Methamphetamine.... mixed with caffeine ? ?   All kinds of Yaba in Thailand, Cambodia and other areas in south east Asia.  

N.Korean workers, by the thousands, are also cutting down Siberia's spruce forests, acre by acre. You might think those forests are so vast, that they will last forever, but that's what white pioneers thought of the forests in the Americas before they nearly-decimated them, first the east coast, then the west coast.  

36 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

N.Korean workers, by the thousands, are also cutting down Siberia's spruce forests, acre by acre. You might think those forests are so vast, that they will last forever, but that's what white pioneers thought of the forests in the Americas before they nearly-decimated them, first the east coast, then the west coast.  

Since the use of the  Internet, to read, books, newspapers , and emails. The trees are in no danger anymore. In fact

saw mills are going out of business in the USA.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

never know what to believe is true or not true about north korea. some one can play chinese whispers and next thing you know it is reported in the main stream media. all good entertainment i suppose.

Yeah, reading of death camps and mass systematic starvation is great craic.

So what is new about this,,,,The American Pilots and the Germans in the second world war and in Nam  and  were given Speed /Meth so they could stay awake and Fight better,,,,Guess who invented Speed,,,The Germans in 1887,,,,

10 minutes ago, Doc46 said:

So what is new about this,,,,The American Pilots and the Germans in the second world war and in Nam  and  were given Speed /Meth so they could stay awake and Fight better,,,,Guess who invented Speed,,,The Germans in 1887,,,,

I always knew there was something I admired Germany for!  :gigglem::wai:

Yes he is pulling all these shenanigans with the blessing of brother Xi. Flatop scurries out from under brother Xi's robes and hurls spitballs at the west and then scurries back. Brother Xi in a sham maneuver keeps telling the world how he deplores what flatop is doing but secretly gives him the go ahead to yank the wests chain whenever he wants. Its been going on for decades and from time to time flatop milks the west for oil and food with false promises. Its the same old played out sham. 

4 hours ago, bark said:

Since the use of the  Internet, to read, books, newspapers , and emails. The trees are in no danger anymore. In fact saw mills are going out of business in the USA.

Maybe things are less crazy in the US, but my opening assertion dealt with destroying forests in Siberia.   

38 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Maybe things are less crazy in the US, but my opening assertion dealt with destroying forests in Siberia.   

39 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Russia is a failed State. When oil hit $ 40 / barrel, it was all over for this/ your country.

Teach people to use computers and you need to cut fewer trees. And you did talk about the Americas.

If I was you, I would be more worried about all the people your president has murdered in the Ukrainian; and forget about trees. Sorry.