BREAKING: Hua Hin rocked by TWO MORE bomb explosions

Jonathan Fairfield

BREAKING: Hua Hin rocked by TWO MORE bomb explosions

HUA HIN:-- Unconfirmed reports are coming in that two more bombs have exploded in the Thai resort of Hua Hin.

The most recent explosions are said to have taken place near the City Beach Resort and Hua Hin police station.

jh.png

The explosions took place close to the location of the twin blasts that occurred on Thursday night that left one person dead and more than 20 injured.

Earlier today, a bomb attack in Muang district in Surat Thani left one person dead.

Thai media are also reporting of two further attacks in Phuket on Friday morning.

UPDATE:

2nd explosion now being reported by Channel 3 Morning News and Thai Rath

UPDATE 2 -LATEST

Unconfirmed reports that one person has killed in the second set of explosions in Hua Hin on Friday morning.

Explosion is thought to have taken place near the Clock Tower in Hua Hin.

10:10am: Hua Hin Market Village has been evacuated, set to remain closed for the rest of the day, reports Thai Rath TV.

10: 20am UNCONFIRMED - New explosion near 19 Rai, close to Hua Hin Immigration office.

LATEST FROM HUA HIN - 11:18am:

Bombs either exploded or suspicious devices found in:

- Soi Bintabaht

- Clock Tower

- Hua Hin school behind clock tower

- 19 Rai

- Market Villa

- Hua Hin train station

All restaurants, bars, shops in the town centre ordered to close.

Official advice from the authorities is to stay indoors.

==================================

Two more bombs in Hua Hin this morning injure four

1208005-wpcf_728x410.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Two more bombs exploded at 9.05 am today at the clock tower in Hua Hin, injuring 4 people.

The bomb attack this morning came just 10 hours after the first bomb attack last night which killed one street vendor and injuring 20 others.

Security officials immediately sealed the area as it was still unknown if there is any bomb in the area.

Latest report at 9.15 am said four were rushed to Hua Hin hospital.

EOD police are in the way to the scene.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/175892-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awful, it is very clear some outfit is trying to make a serious statement, but with so many potential candidates I doubt the RTP will actually get to the bottom of it, their track record is far from exemplary in such matters.

I hope very much for no further casualties. Scary times indeed

5 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Change your travel plans? 

The government said (like it often does - without knowing anything) that it was not southern insurgents.... but the first double tap explosions follow exactly the same pattern.

An act of extreme violence by whoever. Appalling, unjustifiable. 

To the Thai authorities please focus on the crime, and spare us all from your usual statement after meaningless statement to the point of a comedic circus. Then the sadly predictable round up of scapegoats.

All these bombs are taking place in the South for some reason .....

Unlikely to be due to personal conflict.

Authorities have no clue and are not able to prevent repeats.

I would avoid Hua Hin for now.  And be careful wherever you are in Thailand - it could spread.

4 minutes ago, tx22cb said:

All these bombs are taking place in the South for some reason .....

Unlikely to be due to personal conflict.

Authorities have no clue and are not able to prevent repeats.

I would avoid Hua Hin for now.  And be careful wherever you are in Thailand - it could spread.

I doubt it, it is probably one cell.... just make sure that after the first explosion you go away or take shelter.... don't go and look and see the result of the first one.   For me, it has not reached the point where I would change my plans.... (I walked right past one bomb about 15 minutes before it went off -- maybe a decade ago ... the Christmas celebration ones).

More likely to be killed by traffic in Thailand.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Thailand has many enemies within , it is not just straight forward position , if the Religious crowd from the South wanted to make a statement firstly they would have done so long ago and they wouldn't choose Hua Hin , there is a good many factions within for some reason  there has been an anti foreigner sentiment slowly creeping into the Thai system , however the aim of these would be attacks is to start at the grand money earner for Thailand, Tourism , the Junta has a carte blanche  to rule,  there are 65% that don't want them , if you equate 50% voting turnout and a 30% yes vote, you've got a problem, what a great way to cripple the economy ,  and if you have never seen a pissed off Asian,  you'd better stand back.........................................................:coffee1:

Just now, hEaDy said:

It's simply an observation that it seems as though not everyone is happy with the current situation...

I think some interesting observations is that when the attack happened on Koh Samui, the government said no no... not southern insurgents.... it was a disagreement.... but if I remember right.... it was...

Then the attack on the temple in Bangkok and the government said... no no it is the reds it is not the Uighurs.... but it was the Uighurs - not the reds (thais have no problem killing each other but attacking a temple is .... bad karma).

Those using violence from the North-East (the reds) usually are not overly well organized and most often use hand grenades or grenade launchers on yellow sympathizers....  those in the south -- which are often more organized tend to use IEDs and double tap explosions - one then another following for the first responders.... this follows the southern pattern (and is closer to the south).  

Personally, I don't think "the reds" would dare attack so close to the Royal family.... it is not their style.   

More bombs rock Hua Hin and Surat Thani this morning killing one, injuring several others

1208007-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two more bombs exploded at 9.05 am today at the clock tower in Hua Hin, and another in Surat Thani injuring several people.

Two were believed dead in the two incidents in the South.

In Surat Thani, a bomb detonated by mobile phone exploded this morning killing one person.

In Hua Hin, another suspicious bomb was also found at 9.30 am and EOD now sealed off the area as they believed it is another bomb.

Police sniffing dogs from Hua Hin-based border police are now scouting the areas as the police feared more bombs are hidden.

The explosion scene is just less than 200 metres from the explosion scene last night.

The scene is in front of a Hua Hin municipality school and Hua Hin temple.

The second bomb attack came just 10 hours after the first bomb attack last night which killed one street vendor and injuring 20 others.

Security officials immediately sealed the area as it was still unknown if there is any bomb in the area.

Latest report at 9.15 am said four were rushed to Hua Hin hospital.

EOD police said the bombs were detonated by mobile phones.

Meanwhile bombs also rocked Phuket and Surat Thani this morning.

One person was killed and two were injured in Surat Thani, while in Phuket the bomb exploded near a police booth near Patong Beach but no injury was reported.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bombs-rock-hua-hin-surat-thani-morning-killing-two-injuring-several-others/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-12

Horrible and distressing news.

Get ready trolls,    sharpen your claws and crawl out from under the bridge because I have to say let's have a professional approach to this starting with no stupid remarks about protecting tourism and the country's image and let's see those really responsible brought to justice  not just the situation used to suit needs.

25 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Thailand has many enemies within , it is not just straight forward position , if the Religious crowd from the South wanted to make a statement firstly they would have done so long ago and they wouldn't choose Hua Hin , there is a good many factions within for some reason  there has been an anti foreigner sentiment slowly creeping into the Thai system , however the aim of these would be attacks is to start at the grand money earner for Thailand, Tourism , the Junta has a carte blanche  to rule,  there are 65% that don't want them , if you equate 50% voting turnout and a 30% yes vote, you've got a problem, what a great way to cripple the economy ,  and if you have never seen a pissed off Asian,  you'd better stand back.........................................................:coffee1:

As a long-term resident, and to the best of my knowledge, the "Deep-South"-related violence has thusfar always been confined to the four southernmost "restive" provinces.

Also, is Hua Hin what would really be termed as the South?

I think this is more likely to be colour-coded.

1 minute ago, Nicolas32 said:

Meanwhile Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attacks.

Please include your sources when making these posts. It covers you if you are accused of rumour-mongering.

1 minute ago, cdnvic said:

Please include your sources when making these posts. It covers you if you are accused of rumour-mongering.

Thailand terror attack: Series of blast hit Bangkok, hours after 2 explosions; 4 dead, over 20 injured

The role of regional extremist outfit Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attack.

http://www.india.com/news/world/thailand-terror-attack-series-of-blast-hit-bangkok-hours-after-2-explosions-4-dead-over-20-injured-1402186/

1 minute ago, Nicolas32 said:

Thailand terror attack: Series of blast hit Bangkok, hours after 2 explosions; 4 dead, over 20 injured

The role of regional extremist outfit Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement, is suspected behind the attack.

http://www.india.com/news/world/thailand-terror-attack-series-of-blast-hit-bangkok-hours-after-2-explosions-4-dead-over-20-injured-1402186/

Do you have a closer source, India news organization being the first to name the specific organization.... seems a little odd.  

The mind boggles with possibilities.  The Big Pumpkin has only just used the words ''There will only be an election in 2017 if Thailand stays peaceful ''.   So who's interest is it in if it doesn't stay peaceful ?   I think we know the answer.