House Register for Farang

It varies greatly from Amphur to Amphur. Some want all sorts of documents translated into Thai, Head man of village to vouch for you etc. It would be best to ask directly the local requirements.

I did this years back, let me recall this

Always go to amphur in the morning. I needed to book a time the next day and come back, don't be surprised and just smile if it happens

You clearly need a certified translation of your name to Thai. It does not have to be a certfied translation of your passport though IF you have a work permit. Point is that it has to be something that you legally could not get without getting a certified translation. Thai driving license should not work but you can always try. But then, this varies from amphur to amphur :)

Then the usual

Copies of passport, signed of course

A couple of photographs

All papers related to the condo proving that you own it, everything

Original purchasing agreement and copies

If you have work permit and they use that as reference for your Thai name, then copies of every page in that, signed of course

Copies of blue book

And current Chao baan from blue book of course

I did it for my daughters house so I also needed land title deed, birth certficate but you should not need those. You will still need current Chao baan or... if the blue book is blank, then you still need something with equivalent authority to Chao baan. I don't know if that is the person on the building permit. I cannot answer this last bit. I hope someone else can.

You can also just prepare all paper work above and go down to amphur, say what you want to do and ask them to write down for you in Thai what is missing

Not a difficult process so well worth it to do

Edited by MikeyIdea