webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, xineohp said:

My information indicates this is not the work of southern terrorists.  Who stands to gain the most from a deteriation in law and order?  Who would be highly selective in choosing poorly populated soft targets to minimise injury but get their point across?  

"My information indicates this is not the work of southern terrorists' - the hallmark of a fantasist?

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Reportedly they have one of the Hua Hin bombers in custody.

He has shown them where they had planted a total of 11 bombs in the town, so it seems he is definitely part of it.

Ergo, the authorities must now have a good idea which group is responsible. Hopefully they will show some leadership soon and release information to the public. The rumours rushing around the country are out of control.

Where do you think those rumours originated?

24 minutes ago, NotMyUsualid said:

Islam recognizes NO law & order, only the word of Allah, and Mohammed his (paedophile) messenger.

Additionally, the ABSOLUTE hallmark of Islam-inspired attacks, has been one of attacking soft targets.

Think;

London, Somalie migrant goes on stabbing spree.

Thailand (recently), in Yala a 42 yr old man is ambused & killed by Muslim separatists.

Thailand (recently), in Pattani, two hunters are killed on the ir way home by Muslim separatists.

France, mother and three young daughters are stabbed by a Muslim man during breakfast, for not being 'sufficiently clothed'.

Germany, a refugee with an axe hacks people on a public train.

France (Nice), Muslim migrant hits 85 people in a truck during Bastille Day.

And Patong, poorly populated? Are you for friken real???

And for everyone else - the fact that the bombs may not have been big mean absolutely F. A. - they were big enough to maim & kill, were they not?

So please try to think, before you comment. Or people may think you are stupid.

Yes but what you must remember ,these are not terrorists ,they have mental problems ,  but ,sounds like thats what terrorist have to me , but then i am not very PC .

Just now, i claudius said:

Yes but what you must remember ,these are not terrorists ,they have mental problems ,  but ,sounds like thats what terrorist have to me , but then i am not very PC .

Being Politically Correct is the modern form of bending over and spreading your cheeks, because you havn't any balls to say what your gut instinct tells you is right.

I too, as you may notice, tell things like I hear and see them, and I care not a jot whom is offended.

If the truth regarding the actions of a group hurts - change your actions I say.

I've been learning of Islam since 1991. I've lived and worked in the Middle East. I say things as I see them.

With regards to this attack - if it turns out not to be the work of the Koranimals, I'd be very surprised.

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

My money is on the muslims doing this.

They have been bombing tourists everywhere else.

Could be the insurgency.  

Or it could be a pushback by people being displaced from land and businesses they’ve occupied- legally, illegally, or in the gray- for decades, if not generations. 

Which, come to think about it- may best describe the insurgency, too.  Though it serves a purpose to make the world think it’s about religion and not just corrupt business.

Dozens, perhaps hundreds of long standing businesses have been shut down and torn down in the past couple of years.  Some of them were blatantly illegal, but some of the owners believing they had legal permissions from the crooked people in power at the time.  

Not hard to believe one or more of them would use the age old (and despicable) business practices of arson and explosives to get even with the powers that put them off their ancestral land and out of business.

Edited by impulse

14 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Lived and fought this form of cowardly terrorism in NI. They didn't win nor will these cowards I for 1 won't be changing any plans for forth coming holidays down south. A bit extra vigilant may be but I won't give in to terrorism.

Excellent, stand on your principles. Show 'em you're not afraid to die. Show 'em John Wayne got nothing on you.

Personally, I'm going to stay far away. But then I don't have anything to prove to myself.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

7 hours ago, diddygq said:

Girlfriend said, "The reds not happy about the vote and this planned aweady (Already)".  The funding for it I guess.

My thoughts completely. Who is the only one who really wants to embarrass the government ? Who has in the past shown very little respect for the Royal Family ? Who in the past has shown that they are completely devoid of morals or principles ? Well, I haven,t a clue ! Do you ?

7 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

What sort of a mindset, wants to ruin the biggest earner, tourism, for their own people?

What sort of a mindset, is used to synchronized bombing?

What group of people regularly targets tourists / innocents as their modus operandi?

I'm calling this - snackbar attack.

What sort of people? in one word Muslims.

2 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

My thoughts completely. Who is the only one who really wants to embarrass the government ? Who has in the past shown very little respect for the Royal Family ? Who in the past has shown that they are completely devoid of morals or principles ? Well, I haven,t a clue ! Do you ?

Suthep?

"attacks to be coordinated."      Now that to me suggests strategic planning, not really Thai style with all due respect - unless someone has been doing some training... ...  bit too reminiscent of the French attacks..... that were not Isis.........so who would put pressure on the Thai government.?

7 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

I remember back in about 2006, a bar girl I knew, who was in tight with the local police, said they found multiple devices over the New Year period.

And they purposly kept it quiet.

Yeah...because bargirls are reliable sources for truth...

It wasn't kept quiet at all. I remember it well. Was all over the news. Here's 2 of MANY articles that can be found on New Year's Day 2007. It was NOT kept quiet or covered up...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jan/01/topstories3.mainsection

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1573283,00.html

GOOGLE!!!

Edited by Skeptic7

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which Muslims? There are many, many different ones in the world.  Who has most to gain by scaring away tourists in Thailand.

They want to kill  non muslims period. What do you think muslims are doing in France, etc.?

8 hours ago, NotMyUsualid said:

What sort of a mindset, wants to ruin the biggest earner, tourism, for their own people?

What group of people regularly targets tourists / innocents as their modus operandi?

A radicalised Muslim mindset. 

8 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

They want to kill  non muslims period. What do you think muslims are doing in France, etc.?

Over 99% of them are just living their lives like you and me, hoping the crazies don't kill them, either.  Which puts a damper on your contention that the crazies are just out to kill non-Muslims.

I get a distinct Alans snack bar feeling too

51 minutes ago, oyster said:

Or someone who wants you to think it is Muslims............divide and conquer

I think it is Vietnamese Fishermen in revenge for their boats sunk. Now We know why the Thai Military needs Submarines. To protect these coastal resorts :rolleyes:

Is this statement by the "Royal Thai Police official Col. Krisana Patanacharoen said it was too soon say who was behind the attacks, but "we are sure that it is not linked to terrorism." a bad joke? Koh Tao stile? Get real police or give this to the army to do it properly without ridiculous statements. 

Perhaps the King of Dubai and his accolytes.

Tourism brings 6% to Thailand's GDP, biggest earner my ass.

33 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Try 9 to 20.2%  

Yeah whose counting.  

Estimates of tourism receipts directly contributing to the Thai GDP of 12 trillion baht range from 9 percent (1 trillion baht) (2013) to 16 percent.[1]When including the indirect effects of tourism, it is said to account for 20.2 percent (2.4 trillion baht) of Thailand's GDP.[2]:1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

2 hours ago, oyster said:

"attacks to be coordinated."      Now that to me suggests strategic planning, not really Thai style with all due respect - unless someone has been doing some training... ...  bit too reminiscent of the French attacks..... that were not Isis.........so who would put pressure on the Thai government.?

http://journal-neo.org/2016/08/11/how-the-us-took-over-myanmars-ministry-of-information/  and guess what popped up......

38 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Try 9 to 20.2%  

Yeah whose counting.  

Estimates of tourism receipts directly contributing to the Thai GDP of 12 trillion baht range from 9 percent (1 trillion baht) (2013) to 16 percent.[1]When including the indirect effects of tourism, it is said to account for 20.2 percent (2.4 trillion baht) of Thailand's GDP.[2]:1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

Personally, I believe the 7% number to be too low...an understatement...but went with the Official Website 'cause we know (wink wink) they always tell the truth. :thumbsup: 

BTW...I LOVE Wikipedia, but didn't use their info for obvious reasons...TV'ers who use Wikipedia all the time and then Poo Poo it when someone else uses or quotes it. :sick:

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Who in the past has shown that they are completely devoid of morals or principles ? Well, I haven,t a clue ! Do you ?

Well golly, but after decades of observing Thai society and what passes for politics in Thailand I can say with some certainty that the entire Thai economic elite are quite devoid of morals and principles.  Which rock have you been hiding under?