Thai police say wave of bomb blasts in central and south of the country are not linked to Islamic terrorism

webfact

8 hours ago, slipperylobster said:

One might be not amazed to see things escalate, if this is just a reaction to the referendum...or a plot to embarrass the PM.  Tougher crackdowns on anti-government groups would bring more of the same.   That would be the tip off...if these bombings were strictly as they said they were...and not an ISIS or "Separatist" involvement.

Family Rumors just outside of Udon are ominously related to something that is not ISIS nor Separatist.  I hear distant cousins speaking of drums beating, and smoke signals going up.

I am not confirming any truth....but those smoke signals cannot be ignored.

" Family Rumors just outside of Udon are ominously related to something that is not ISIS nor Separatist.  I hear distant cousins speaking of drums beating, and smoke signals going up."

Interesting.  Years ago, before the coup, I was shocked when a Thai friend quietly told me "He will never become ____."

This was in the north.  You can take an educated guess about what goes in the blank.  This is what the military truly fears, and we expats have no idea what will happen.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

" But still the majority of voters said yes."

That's what the junta told us following the unmonitored vote and vote count. 

The junta really wanted the vote to be 'yes' and there was nothing to prevent them announcing any result they wanted, but they wouldn't lie to us, would they?

Some people just can't stand losing.

58 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The junta really wanted the vote to be 'yes' and there was nothing to prevent them announcing any result they wanted, but they wouldn't lie to us, would they?

30 minutes ago, halloween said:

Some people just can't stand losing.

Just stating the facts.  Had the junta wanted the vote and vote count to be respected, they should have allowed independent monitoring.  They made independent monitoring impossible.

Of course even if there had been independent monitoring the referendum, conducted without free debate or a meaningful choice, was BS.

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

As much as these bombings in Thailand are scary, I still would rather

travel to Thailand for my vacation, than to go almost anywhere in

Europe. I would be totally worried to go to France, Italy,  or any country between

Turkey, Greece and such to Germany. With all of those young guys who swarmed

from where they came from, up north to Germany, I would be scared to

meet them again in Europe. I am convinced that there are lots of moles from

the so called IS gang as well as some other terror groups living in Europe and

awaiting the day they can cause damage and death there. I do hope however that

the people who did these bombings in Thailand are caught and face a severe

punishment when they are sentenced for this crime.

Stargeezer

Fear - the basis for all racism and loved by governments who can do what they like in the name of security.....what a putz

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

I did my usual shopping rounds in Central Festival, Pattaya yesterday and today. Absolutely no step up in security. The security guy outside the Tops entrance just doing nothing, as always, even though the metal detector always beeps when I and my backpack pass. I wonder if he's checked one single bag the whole day.

do you seriously think that is what security would do?

7 hours ago, halloween said:

The RTA cop a heap of stick for claiming who isn't responsible when they don't know who did it, and then all the usual suspects are equally sure it's not the reds. Google "hypocrisy". Any suggestion that they may be involved is attacked immediately.

It comes complete with a pantheon of  highly unlikely alternative suspects, (though I'm still waiting for Suthep to get a personal mention) up to and including the PDRC. My personal preference is for a troop of boy scouts seeking rare merit badges - it's no more stupid than some suggestions here.

Any suggestion they may involved is attacked immediately, almost like your own hypocrisy when you and your, Thaksin hating cohorts blame them immediately  :coffee1:

If you keep it up, I'm sure one day you might actually  be right, as you were also one of the "It was the Reds" when the Erwan shrine bombing took place, and when the Koh Samui bombing took place.

as you said before Google is your friend.. look up the term Hypocrite, and put the cap on that comes with it.

9 hours ago, Siripon said:

The people had the choice to vote yes or no in the referendum. Pheua Thai had said vote no, Apisit had said vote no. But still the majority of voters said yes. Yes, the state wheeled out all it could to support the yes vote but ultimately the people had the choice,.And disappointing though it may seem to many Westerners a lot of Thais seemed to have chosen stability over democracy. for the moment.

It wasn't really a choice though, was it?

Vote no - The unelected military government stays and tries again.

Vote Yes - You can have elections, but no matter who wins the military still has control.

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

I did my usual shopping rounds in Central Festival, Pattaya yesterday and today. Absolutely no step up in security. The security guy outside the Tops entrance just doing nothing, as always, even though the metal detector always beeps when I and my backpack pass. I wonder if he's checked one single bag the whole day.

There were a few more police checkpoints around the city today though....we went through 2 on Pattaya Tai

18 hours ago, MiKT said:

You certainly have a flair for mindless drivel!

Please stay under the radar and keep your head down for as long as possible.

Nice rebuttal, Drivelmeister. If you don't understand something, just ask. I'm sure someone will break it down for you. However, that someone won't be me. And please, consider expanding your vocabulary and giving 'drivel' a much needed break. 

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

if the vote had gone the other way you'd still be claiming  this same rubbish

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM, cumgranosalum said:

You will be eating your words shortly.....just because that's what you want, doesn't make it any more likely - take a look a the geography, timing and demographics and you'll start to see how your unsupported  prejudices have clouded your judgement.

I hope you are hungry cummy. The more you post, the more words you will need to eat. Muslim insurgents are the prime suspects.

Edited by Goanna

2 hours ago, Holy Cinema said:

Any suggestion they may involved is attacked immediately, almost like your own hypocrisy when you and your, Thaksin hating cohorts blame them immediately  :coffee1:

If you keep it up, I'm sure one day you might actually  be right, as you were also one of the "It was the Reds" when the Erwan shrine bombing took place, and when the Koh Samui bombing took place.

as you said before Google is your friend.. look up the term Hypocrite, and put the cap on that comes with it.

I have nominated so far a troop of errant boy scouts as a vague possibility, and noted that I wouldn't rule out the Great Pumpkin, preferring yo wait for evidence to emerge. I don't recall maKing any early predictions with the Erewan bombing either, though it is quite likely I pointed out, possible even to you, that denying the possibility it was the reds was wishful thinking. What user name were you under back then? 

13 hours ago, River7471 said:

Look at the timing.  Thailand's leadership has been talking a lot about cracking down on prostitution.  Then consider that according to many religions there spirits, demons that dwell on the earth that like to use their human hosts to engage in fun like prostitution. 

If those demons can create a distraction like a bombing campaign, it will distract the military, police and Thai government from the crack down on prostitution.

Just a theory.  A wild guess if Thailand wants to cut down on the bombings they should ignore the prostitution.  Which was a good move to clean up Thailand's reputation, but if it motivates demonic spirits to create a distracting bombing campaign.  Then it doesn't improve the situation.

Yea, right-on bro, lets all sweep down to Pattaya en-mass and check out where those naughty demonic prostitutes are hiding the fuses.

I would take it easy with the spirits on weekends if I was you.

5 hours ago, Songlaw said:

Nice rebuttal, Drivelmeister. If you don't understand something, just ask. I'm sure someone will break it down for you. However, that someone won't be me. And please, consider expanding your vocabulary and giving 'drivel' a much needed break. 

If only I could on this forum, if only I could.

I certainly would not expect you break anything down into logical English sentences, but maybe breakdown is just being kind to your paranoia.

27 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Yea, right-on bro, lets all sweep down to Pattaya en-mass and check out where those naughty demonic prostitutes are hiding the fuses.

I would take it easy with the spirits on weekends if I was you.

That's not what I am saying.  Most of the bar girls I have met have been as respectful and even more respectful than non-prostitutes in my own country.  Budhhist women are very nice.  And beautiful. 

What I was saying was never get between a demon and his meal.  In this case the crackdown by the Thai government on prostitution between consenting adults.  You might get a spiritual war to distract the government from its policing of prositution, in the form of a bombing campaign to sidetrack the crackdown.  It's not a bad thing.  As long as it is kept in certain parts of the country and not proliferate.  The guys aren't bad in my mind.  Going there keeps many of them from becoming predators.  Thai prositution protects children.  Therefore there is honor in it.  As a deist and how I see the industry protecting children it may even be the direct action of a Higher Power.  Therefore there is no need to do anything to abolish it.  But regulate it, and screen both the clients and the women for STD's. 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

if the vote had gone the other way you'd still be claiming  this same rubbish

So you think if the junta announced referendum results that were the opposite of the junta's desired outcome, I would insist the results were fabricated.

You don't think at all before you post, do you?

38 minutes ago, River7471 said:

That's not what I am saying.  Most of the bar girls I have met have been as respectful and even more respectful than non-prostitutes in my own country.  Budhhist women are very nice.  And beautiful. 

What I was saying was never get between a demon and his meal.  In this case the crackdown by the Thai government on prostitution between consenting adults.  You might get a spiritual war to distract the government from its policing of prositution, in the form of a bombing campaign to sidetrack the crackdown.  It's not a bad thing.  As long as it is kept in certain parts of the country and not proliferate.  The guys aren't bad in my mind.  Going there keeps many of them from becoming predators.  Thai prositution protects children.  Therefore there is honor in it.  As a deist and how I see the industry protecting children it may even be the direct action of a Higher Power.  Therefore there is no need to do anything to abolish it.  But regulate it, and screen both the clients and the women for STD's. 

I didn't think that was what you were saying bro, that's what we call sarcasm in these here Budhhhhhist parts.

But if you seriously think Thai prostitution protects children and prevents men from becoming predators (I can't believe I am reading this) you really, really, really do need to stop communicating with the spirits......... every day, not just at weekends.

I think you should have a quite word with your higher power about sleeping longer at night, you clearly are missing something vital that a good nights sleep may (stress May) go some way to alleviating.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

So you think if the junta announced referendum results that were the opposite of the junta's desired outcome, I would insist the results were fabricated.

You don't think at all before you post, do you?

maybe you need to go look at posts you made on a similar topic were the last proposed charter was rejected before it even reached a referendum, do you need me to explain further....heybruce....hey bruce

clowns are funny

“It is different from international terrorism but local sabotage aimed to destroy the country’s tourism atmosphere,” declared a police spokesman at a press conference today.

He said if it was international terrorism, the country would be informed in advance of the attempt.

But there was no warning of these attempts.

Oh yeah tell that to France!!!

3 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

How lame to commit to the blasts not being related to terrorism, especially when they haven't rounded up some new B2 as scapegoats yet.

Now all ISIS has to do is take credit and the Thai junta loses all credibility.

Too late. Some fool has already done it for them.