Police check meditation centres in Chiang Mai suspected of forest encroachment

webfact

Police check meditation centres in Chiang Mai suspected of forest encroachment

image-15-wpcf_693x413.jpeg

Police are checking land documents of a meditation centre in Chiang Mai’s Hod district linked to Wat Dhammakaya after complaints from villagers in its neighbourhood that the centre may encroach on forest reserves.

Pol Gen Srivara Rangseepromnakul, the deputy national police chief, ordered the probe in response to the complaints against Suan Panawat meditation centre in Tambon Bo Luang, Hod district of Chiang Mai.

Initial checks by officials showed that 478 rai of land occupied by the centre were issued with nor sor sam kor land certificates and the remaining 43 rai did not have any backup documents and were believed to be illegally occupied.

Two other meditation centres in Chiang Dao and Mae Chaem districts of Chiiang Mai were laos searched by the police under suspicion that they might sit up illegally occupied land.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-check-meditation-centres-chiang-mai-suspected-forest-encroachment/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-12

Forest encroachment and illegal mediation centres. That is pretty serious along with soapy massage  parlours in Nan. Surely all those aggressive looking officers in the photo could be better employed tracking down bombers who kill people.  But I guess it is all happy holiday land up in Chiang Mai.

12 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Forest encroachment and illegal mediation centres. That is pretty serious along with soapy massage  parlours in Nan. Surely all those aggressive looking officers in the photo could be better employed tracking down bombers who kill people.  But I guess it is all happy holiday land up in Chiang Mai.

Yes, let all police officers in Thailand search for bombers and ignore everything else.... Not that wise is it?

8 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Yes, let all police officers in Thailand search for bombers and ignore everything else.... Not that wise is it?

I am hardly suggesting the RTP leave Chiang Mai or other places unprotected from the villains and baddies. 

What I am suggesting if you hadn't realised was that at a time such as this they concentrate their efforts on protecting it's resident citizens and visitors and not go galavanting around having fun checking out soapy massages establishments or relatively harmless encroachments that took place many years before but they have only just now woken up to.

Some sense of priority wouldn't go astray.

For me, I am happy to see the police doing their work.

And I do not think encroachment is that harmless and neither are soapies (in the case there is evidence of human trafficking and/or underage girls).

It would be good though if the police spend less time on clearing roads for passing VIP's.

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

I am hardly suggesting the RTP leave Chiang Mai or other places unprotected from the villains and baddies. 

What I am suggesting if you hadn't realised was that at a time such as this they concentrate their efforts on protecting it's resident citizens and visitors and not go galavanting around having fun checking out soapy massages establishments or relatively harmless encroachments that took place many years before but they have only just now woken up to.

Some sense of priority wouldn't go astray.

For me, I am happy to see the police doing their work.

And I do not think encroachment is that harmless and neither are soapies (in the case there is evidence of human trafficking and/or underage girls).

It would be good though if the police spend less time on clearing roads for passing VIP's.