Thai police arrest two men after deadly bomb blasts

rooster59

10 minutes ago, Holy Cinema said:

They have NEVER had good control over the South, where all these bombs went off, why do you keep making false and inaccurate statements like this?

I asked you yesterday to keep and open mind and to think outside of the box, and yet you are immediately dispelling any possible false flag in this matter, you sound likr the kind of guy who makes up his mind immediately, and closes off their minds as they believe everything they're being told.

Nice one, you've been conditioned to no longer be able to think for yourself.

NO country would EVER acknowledge false flags, but you should always keen an open mind that they could very easily do so.

There is also more than 2 options as well.

Isis always makes their claims quite fast and certainly enough time has been past.

The government can do in the South whatever they want, they don't need a new mandate for it. Nobody cares about the South do you ever see it in the international news ? 

False flag is highly unlikely after just winning the referendum, only tinfoil hat people would think about something like that. 

The fact is by winning the referendum they had what they wanted and did not need this. 

So that just leaves the South and redshirts.. I guess your praying its not your beloved redshirts because defending them then would be real hard. 

For me I just use ocams razor to go for the two likely suspects. Just like you used it ocam's razor before in a post however now you are wringing in all kind of positions to make this look like false flag. Its just not probable. 

I have not made my mind up who of the two have done so and won't until i get more information. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yala provincial chief Major Itthipol Atchariyapradit led a team of explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) officials to the scene of the attack in Tambon Yaha.

The EOD officers found metal pieces of fish cans used to make the half-kilogram bomb, which was detonated by a timer.

The bomb was placed in a coffee bag and left at the scene.

The four men sustained slight wounds and were discharged from hospital after being treated.

Open minds

"The devices used were similar to those used by separatist groups in southern Thailand...".  Interesting to note that on Friday DPM Prawit ruled any connection out completely.  Furthermore, since when do police anywhere "arrest" folk for questioning and why were we not told why, and what the connection was?  Not difficult to see that this has all the hallmarks of another typical RTP cockup!  

Just now, robblok said:

Isis always makes their claims quite fast and certainly enough time has been past.

Wrong again. many times they don't make claims for days, even weeks, if at all, it all depends on the outcome of the attack, and the damage inflicted.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

The government can do in the South whatever they want, they don't need a new mandate for it. Nobody cares about the South do you ever see it in the international news ? 

Isn't that a good enough reason, setting off bombs, to actually make people start to think and care? They if anywhere in Thailand have seen the Army at their worst. think about this for a moment.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

False flag is highly unlikely after just winning the referendum, only tinfoil hat people would think about something like that.

And ignorance of causes and reasons would make people dismiss them.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

The fact is by winning the referendum they had what they wanted and did not need this. 

Which includes a mandate that would effect the deep south by making Buhddism the National Religion, they also DONT have everything they want, sim card tracking ring any bells? single gateway ring any bells?

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So that just leaves the South and redshirts.. I guess your praying its not your beloved redshirts because defending them then would be real hard. 

So a disenfranchised business people, who has seen perhaps a clampdown by the authorites habe no motives? Local Mafias have no motives? Open minds have no place in your bubble then?

My beloved red shirts? I can't stand them, I dislike the Junta too, in fact I dislike 90% of politicians, and corrupt coppers and Army Generals as well, but please continues to stoop down to a name calling infantile response, leave the discussions to the grown ups and people who are not sycophants then

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

For me I just use ocams razor to go for the two likely suspects. Just like you used it ocam's razor before in a post however now you are wringing in all kind of positions to make this look like false flag. Its just not probable.

Occams Razor doesn't include two options.

21 minutes ago, Holy Cinema said:

Torture doesn't work, those tortured will say anything to stop it.

You obviously haven't been in some of the more "colourful" establishments in Thailand!

Some people pay good money for that kind of thing!;):w00t:

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

Looking forward to seeing where this goes with these 2 suspects. 

Such a shame that all this is doing is hurting the country and the very people that are the main suspects are defended by minority supporters who at the same time still condemn the military that are trying to protect the people.

What a messed up world were the violent minority suspects are defended and if they are found guilty through evidence the verdict is still brushed aside as the work of the military. Until the reason for the problem is accepted it will continue. The majority now see it. This and this reason alone is the root cause of why the majority no longer support this violent group and we can only hope the majority again work through these troubles in Thailand and not let violence be the solution to guide the country politically. 

It is things like this, that make me think "Freedom of speech may not be such a good idea!"

Do us all a favor: present ANYTHING even remotely close to backing up the giant mass of BS you are spouting...or unplugg your computer!

<deleted>, man!

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have not made my mind up who of the two have done so and won't until i get more information. 

No, those aren't the only 2 possibilities.

The Red Shirts aren't even the only possibility when the current government refers to internal politics. The military isn't a single political entity, either; there are factions and not all have the same goals as the current government.

Just now, Andrew65 said:

You obviously haven't been in some of the more "colourful" establishments in Thailand!

Some people pay good money for that kind of thing!;):w00t:

Ask any man who is married to a Thai woman, when she goes off on  a rant, they will say anything to stop it too 55555

It's a bit of a stretch to believe that someone just happened to have these bombs on hand immediately after the referendum, and already had the crew organised.

What crap. It's the same crowd doing all the southern bombs. Something to do with some religious group.

2 minutes ago, Goanna said:

It's a bit of a stretch to believe that someone just happened to have these bombs on hand immediately after the referendum, and already had the crew organised.

What crap. It's the same crowd doing all the southern bombs. Something to do with some religious group.

It is not that hard to imagine...unless, you want to tell me, you had no clue at all, how the referendum might go... :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, Goanna said:

They would have to had bought the detonators from somewhere too, one simply doesn't walk into an unknown area where nobody knows you, and you start asking for the ingrediants to make several bombs.

This was a coordinated attack, similar to many that happen all across Yala but there's a group of posters here, who are praying so hard this is pinned on the red shirts as it suits their warped agendas, and they have this mentality that anti junta =Pro Thaksin 5555 ...clueless and priceless, they think this is all like a football game where you have to like one team or the other, when they can't accept you might not even like the game at all, and prefer another sport!!!!

8 minutes ago, Goanna said:

well the southern boys have the bombs and the people

The date was probably picked some time ago

12 incidents over a 500 km area would take planning and personel

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

It is not that hard to imagine...unless, you want to tell me, you had no clue at all, how the referendum might go... :coffee1:

You're right there. I am convinced that in the UK that many on the remain side thought that it was almost a given that their side would win.

I think the 4 most southerly states are the "restive" ones. Not wanting to disregard the tragic loss of life down there over many years, but I doubt that the (failrly low) level of violence down there would make the Thais want to cede quite a large piece of land to Malaysia. Then there is the non-Muslim population there to think about.

The PM has called for an official investigation.  Is this something new or is this his way of saying he's tired of the unofficial (Scapegoat) investigations normally carried out where anything or any one that moves is blamed and they end up with egg on their face when they realise that they have accused the wrong persons.     

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Their's are usually "spectaculars", as they are known.

They are on about certain people not being 'sophisticated' enough to do these kind of co-ordinated attacks. Not sure how much it takes to detonate say 4 small bombs in 4 separate locations, around a certain time!?

It doesn't sound like rocket-science!

Part of my job used to be remotely detonating explosives placed underground by VHF radio. (Not in Thailand).

hmmm...and where were you on the 11th and 12th?

The sooner authorities stop downplaying this as an act of terrorism, the more credibility they will garner, they did the same with the Erwan bombing.

The act and intent is what makes it Terrorism, regardless of whom carried the attacks out.

They just won't admit to it being terrorism, it's the one thing everyone who is contributing to such threads agree on.....it's Terrorism, no need to try and dismiss it as anything else, it makes you look foolish, and clueless.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

It's telling that the only news about an arrest of suspects comes from a news source in Australia.

When is the government here going to inform the people?

They need to find the right Burmese suspects like they did before in Koh Phangan.

Is it the Independent online I read where the analyst made the point that this was clearly not ISIS or similar as it went for small bombs and low numbers of Europeans. Imagine the big targets in top holiday resorts it could have gone for. . It was intended he said to hit politically & economically. Our deepest sympathies to all victims of any act of terrorism ... Just always random innocents. 

Two points on Hua Hin ( which with its relative wealth, status and family , security image remains shocked at this unprecented incident ) 1 If the govt. knew before the incidents of the second bombing Friday morning that there was a general security alerts how come the ceremony was allowed to go ahead after the first bombings Thursday night very nearby.

2) How come the Sky news guy was in the afternoon able to go all over the second incident Friday bombing area ? Surely in the west it would be protected as a crime scene. No evidence of that by afternoon despite bomb in morning.

Edited by peter48