How many western man live in thailand and are happy

georgemandm

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'd love to know how many friends you have and how many have Thai partners.

I say this, as because there are a (very) few with Western wives or Western gay partners - the vast majority have Thai wives.

You must be living in a v rarefied atmosphere to make this claim!

Not at all. There are plenty of expat couples here in Bangkok. It's not unusual in the slightest, despite what this forum would lead you to believe.

Not many seem to post here - probably because there's a perception that this forum is for sexpats.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Not at all. There are plenty of expat couples here in Bangkok. It's not unusual in the slightest, despite what this forum would lead you to believe.

Not many seem to post here - probably because there's a perception that this forum is for sexpats.

Can't think why :coffee1:

22 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

Even if Australia was a cheaper place i still wouldnt go back to that nanny police state

So what do you mean by a nanny police state ? 

Are you sorry to say just  dumb to say a stupid thing like that , or you want to live in a place were there is no rule and people go around killing there selfs on the roads and have no respect for the law and sorry to say this like thailand.

i would  rather live in a place like Australia were I am safe most of the time .

3 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

Yes sexists like you I would think.

yes I would say yes could lots of expats couples in thailand but not a lot .

90 % of man come here for the thai woman and that is a fact you just don't want to believe the truth.

On 17 August 2016 at 1:31 PM, Agent Sumo said:

LOL!

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not married, I don't have a formal girlfriend and I avoid prostitutes so I most definitely didn't come here for the women

Most of your posts on this thread seem to dwell on the living costs associated with Thailand so I have to assume that you just couldn't afford to live here full-time and are just envious of those of us who can (although I can't see why because it's hardly expensive)

I think you have big problems in your life .

you have no idea what I can afford and can't afford.

so you come to thailand for thai  temples 

Did you .

you get on here and say you have not had a thai parter be it a woman be it a lady boy be it a man , sorry I not believe you , unless you are married to a western women.

and I will give this back to you this stupid saying LOL What a stupid think to say .

@ georgmanda 

Oh and where did that truth come from you seem to to have a amazing perception of all men coming to Thailand.

Where are your 90% statistics in your head after few beers your view is narrow minded to say the very least.

Edited by Kwasaki

56 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I think you have big problems in your life .

Oh really?

Unlike you, the memory span of a fish isn't one of them

I already explained why I'm here earlier in the thread. Anyway, look - your childish debating has become tiresome. 

You just can't afford the lifestyle you want to live here. Poor George

On 14/08/2016 at 10:38 AM, MissAndry said:

I cook all my own western food at home. No need to eat in western restaurants or go to shopping malls. But I didn't eat at restaurants or shop in malls in London either.

My life is essentially the same, but warmer, dryer and cheaper. Why would I want to live like a Thai? I'm happy to be English and live like an English person.

Me too and why not and well said

2 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Oh really?

Unlike you, the memory span of a fish isn't one of them

I already explained why I'm here earlier in the thread. Anyway, look - your childish debating has become tiresome. 

You just can't afford the lifestyle you want to live here. Poor George

You have big problems go and See someone about it .

i have heps of money more then you can dream about but I am not stupid like some one to put all my money in to thailand like you .

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

@ georgmanda 

Oh and where did that truth come from you seem to to have a amazing perception of all men coming to Thailand.

Where are your 90% statistics in your head after few beers your view is narrow minded to say the very least.

Have a look around open your eyes and you will see were my 90% comes from 

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

You have big problems go and See someone about it .

i have heps of money more then you can dream about but I am not stupid like some one to put all my money in to thailand like you .

If you had "heps" of money, you wouldn't be carping on about how much cheaper Australia is than Thailand. 

Go peddle your fantasies somewhere else

My money isn't in Thailand - it's in Hong Kong and Zurich

8 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

If you had "heps" of money, you wouldn't be carping on about how much cheaper Australia is than Thailand. 

Go peddle your fantasies somewhere else

My money isn't in Thailand - it's in Hong Kong and Zurich

Like I said sorry you have problems 

i was just saying about thailand and Australia not care about how much cheaper it is 

you need to get a life because if you think a life in thailand is so good you have more problems that I  thought 

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

i was just saying about thailand and Australia not care about how much cheaper it is 

you need to get a life because if you think a life in thailand is so good you have more problems that I  thought 

No you weren't. You've been telling everyone that they're not happy in Thailand and that your life in your nanny state is better.

You're telling everyone who lives here that they've brought all their money to Thailand to give it to a Thai woman when you yourself have a picture of you and your rented Thai woman in your avatar.

Everyone's laughing at you

10 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

No you weren't. You've been telling everyone that they're not happy in Thailand and that your life in your nanny state is better.

You're telling everyone who lives here that they've brought all their money to Thailand to give it to a Thai woman when you yourself have a picture of you and your rented Thai woman in your avatar.

I think if I was you I would go and see that doctor tomorrow before you jump off a building like lots of man here who lose the lot like you will if you stay on here .

12 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

To be host I not care about people like you because I have a great life and if I feel

like it I can go to thailand any time I like and go home to my great country Australia and live like a king 

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

90 % of man come here for the thai woman and that is a fact you just don't want to believe the truth.

Sexist?

Sorry, what? What about my post makes you conclude I'm sexist?

As for the rest of your post - it's just a muddle of words that vaguely resembles a sentence, but makes no real sense.

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Sexist?

As for the rest of your post - it's just a muddle of words that vaguely resembles a sentence, but makes no real sense.

And the other 10% come for the men? lol ... comedy gold!

8 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

Sexist?

No more time for you because your just a waste of space 

16 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Are you sorry to say just  dumb to say a stupid thing like that , or you want to live in a place were there is no rule and people go around killing there selfs on the roads and have no respect for the law and sorry to say this like thailand.

i would  rather live in a place like Australia were I am safe most of the time .

Last time i visited, Australia wasnt a state. And Im only of average IQ.

On 14 สิงหาคม 2559 at 7:25 AM, tonray said:

"I have been going and coming for 7 years and tried to live full time and can't handle it , I just like to go and go back home "

What can't you handle about it ? What are your activities while here ?

The men I have seen that cannot handle Thailand are the ones who never considered living any other way than the way they live in the west. They eat at western restaurants, shop at western styled malls and generally never integrate with the local society. If that is your idea of living in Thailand, then you have never actually been living here, only been a tourist passing through.

I am happy here. It is an easy place to live. Cheap rents, no credit checks, very few hassles outside of Immigration issues. 

I agree with most of your reply, but I fail to see why it is necessary to "integrate" with the locals. I have no interest in sitting on the floor eating whatever it is they eat ( Having smelt what my wife makes I have no wish to know what it is, let alone eat it ) while drinking alcoholic beverages and gossiping. Having been married to a Thai for some years, that seems to be their main social activity, other than watching tv soaps and immersing their face in a phone talking to all their "friends".

Also, I'm not a Buddhist, so the temple is out for me too.

Yes, I am a long stay tourist, and any farang that thinks otherwise, unless they have Thai citizenship, is, IMO, deluding themselves. Yes, we can live here, we can marry a Thai and have children with them, but we are not and never will be "Thai".

I like Thailand. I like the heat, I like the sanuk, I like that they leave me alone to do my thing, I like that public transport is easy, I like that cheap hotels are most places.

Of course there are things about Thailand that I don't like, there are things that really bug me, but compared to back home, this really is paradise.

17 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Seems like someone has no clue, bitter farang me thinks, burnt by lady, lady boy or what ever !  Obviously lives in da da land..

17 hours ago, georgemandm said:

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Go away can you you are a joke now