Where to find second hand / new "Can-Am Spyder" in Bkk?

momtaz

Hello Guys,

My friend asked me to check this motorbike brand "Can-Am Spyder"

I have no any idea what model, or any, he just sent me the pict.

is there any shop / dealer around in Bkk? new of second hand is OK to have a look,

Will appreciate any relevant reply,

Thanks

2014-Can-Am-Spyder-RS-S-black-white.jpg

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Google search will show there are no dealers in Thailand.  As it is not possible to register a used bike imported into Thailand, your friend is SOL

above post is wrong !

there was a guy on theparsit road in pattaya with them in his showroom.

try the sea doo shop right next door to BMW motorcycles in smart sakhon.

and you can buy them here , they just aint cheap !

As much as I like the design of the Spyder, the wide stance would put me off buying one for zipping around town.  Back home where lane splitting is illegal (and enforced), the Spyder looks great.  

Here in Thailand (especially BKK) where lane splitting is the only way to beat the horrendous traffic in the city, I'd go for air conditioning and seat belts or a 2 wheeler.  

Not the worst of both worlds- the crazy dangerous nature of a scooter, the sun beating down on an un-air conditioned ride, and still too wide to split lanes- resulting in sucking diesel fumes all the time in the city.

If you live in the boondocks, go for it.  And please post back how you like your ride.

there is a large kiwi chap in pattaya who has one that has been fitted with hand controls, due to the him being crippled.

he rips around on it , admittedly mainly up-country and he loves it.

Personally i am not a fan as the traction control seems to remove all the drifting ability.

If i could fit one with a turbo charged hayabusa motor then it would be a must have .

Thanks for all the replies guys,

first of all to repeat, I am asking about this for my friend,

myself, I never and will never think to buy a such design, I got 2 wheels bike, and 4 wheels vehicle, fit for my usage,

Now, I just searched for Kunka as mentioned in above, their website under warning by antivirus telling me could :

Warning - visiting this website may harm your computer!

-----------------------------

As the guy he is going to send it to his home country, not to use it in Thailand,

if any recommended place to have a look , will be appreciated,

thanks

What is your friend's home country?

I'm not sure but I thought Polaris distributed them worldwide in many markets - I don't imagine it would make a lot of financial sense to export a vehicle from Thailand which had originally been produced outside LOS and had the 'happy Thai tax' added to it when imported here?

EDIT: Not Polaris but Bombardier/BRP (Sea-doo, Ski-Doo etc.)

Edited by denkiblue555
Correction for Polaris

I doubt that Thailand is the best International location to buy a Can-Am Spyder for export… I’m pretty sure that the Can-Am Spyder’s sold in Thailand are probably the most expensive location to buy one….

The Can-Am Spyder is manufactured in Valcourt, Quebec, Canada and it’s probably best you contact them for any international export order….

Edited by Richard-BKK

19 hours ago, umbanda said:

To pay over 1 million for a scooter?....Have to be more than rich.

I think you will find that it is a little bit more than a scooter.

http://www.brp.ca/content/canam-spyder/en_CA/2017-models/sport-cruising/spyder-f3-s-daytona-500.html

From the Canadian website specs for the Spyder F3-5 Daytona edition.