What drinking water filter do you use?

zeekgarcia

49 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The potential problem with that is, you have absolutely no idea what kind of water the delivery services are providing, and/or how clean or not clear the containers they're using are.

Lots of past reports about the bulk water suppliers merely filling their jugs with tap water from wherever they're working out of, and then delivering it to customers as "pure" water.

The sad fact is, you can't trust these local businesses any farther than you can throw them.  The only way to be really sure is to handle the issue yourself.

That was my concern when my wife suggested doing the 20 liter jugs.  I got assurance from her and others that the local water purifier (just down the road) is inspected monthly by health officials.  In the 6 years or so doing this, there has never been a hint (taste, smell, discoloration, etc.) of water that is not safe.  

9 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

If you choose to buy or fill large bottles don't buy water from unregistered businesses.

Screw cap bottles should be tape sealed with registration number or clearly show the number on bottles with sealed caps.

Example of reg number

idx.jpg.dc423fd0a8973fcb23bb766587242051.jpg

Yeah - our bottles come with a plastic wrap around the cap and "official" stuff printed on the bottle.  That includes "RO" so I assume that's how it's purified and what you call the registration number same format.  Some other symbols and numbers my wife says means they pass inspection.

• 4 months later...

For drinking water, I think the undersink iSpring RCC7AK is probably the best choice right now. My friend recommended it to me. Looked it up myself. It’s among the top picks on both healthykitchen101 and ro-system.org— 3-stage pre-filter, RO membrane, GAC post-filter and Alkaline Remineralization re-touch. Can’t wait to bring this baby home. Oh, and my friend also mentioned an add-on pump for water pressure. Not sure what it is and does yet but I’ll look into that later. Anyway, good luck with your search.

• 1 month later...

In Pattaya, using city water (when available!) to supply the house. Fine as is for the shower, sinks, and toilets.

On the back of the house is a typical Mazuma three-cylinder system. Charcoal, resin, and ceramic. Every day we fill up 4 or 5 of the usual 1.5 litre bottles, put them in the fridge for drinking water or on the counter by the coffee maker.

We back-flush the system monthly, replace the charcoal and resin annually. Clean and sometimes replace the ceramic micro-filter as needed.

Bottle water tastes very flat, actually no flavor at all. Our filtered water tastes much better.

This system works great for us, but it is not sufficient for use with well water.

I use this system; Mitsubishi Chemical CLEANSUI CB Series 3

From Japan, works like a charm. Easily installed at your faucet, 900 liters capacity

I imported mine, but you can also buy them at Homepro for around 2,500 thb I believe

Edited by jumbo
incorrect capacity adjusted

I just collect rain water off the roof. Give the rain time to clean the roof first then collect into a 1000 ltr poly tank. 

Back in Australia did the same for 20 years, still alive and kicking.

I think the RO devices are good if your water has been chlorinated or fluorinated, takes away those nasty chemicals but I just keep my tank clean and drink rain water.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...