Fitness 7 24 hour gym Avenue mall

bkk6060

4 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Do they have a squat rack and Olympic bars?

Yes, they have Olympic bars on benches (for bench press). They don't have a traditional squat rack with mirror, so you'll have to get used to doing squats without a mirror (which is better) and a yoke style bar (goes over your shoulders).

I may have missed some things though. I had to get out quickly as I was getting too sweaty walking around and didn't bring my towel LOL

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2016 at 5:57 AM, SheungWan said:

Some of us can remember the Tony's on Soi Buakaow towards the market end. No air-con there either. A complete puddle after 10 minutes. A waste of supposedly bargain basement 69 baht or any other price for that matter.

Is this tony closed now ?

On 8/24/2016 at 5:57 AM, SheungWan said:

Some of us can remember the Tony's on Soi Buakaow towards the market end. No air-con there either. A complete puddle after 10 minutes. A waste of supposedly bargain basement 69 baht or any other price for that matter.

I have a lifetime membership for all Tony's Gyms and haven't used it since 2013. Not only is it a waste of time training in very hot gyms, it can have a negative impact on your health, sap all your energy (and strength) and generally demotivate you as training becomes a form of torture. A lot of Thai people like to train in hot gyms with no fans or aircon as they can pretend they are having good workouts because they are convinced one judges a workout's benefit by how much you sweat. Some will even wear impervious sweat suits to make them even hotter.

Even in his aircon gyms they switch it off at a certain hour and open all the windows to let the cool, fresh night air in.

28 minutes ago, tropo said:

I have a lifetime membership for all Tony's Gyms and haven't used it since 2013. Not only is it a waste of time training in very hot gyms, it can have a negative impact on your health, sap all your energy (and strength) and generally demotivate you as training becomes a form of torture. A lot of Thai people like to train in hot gyms with no fans or aircon as they can pretend they are having good workouts because they are convinced one judges a workout's benefit by how much you sweat. Some will even wear impervious sweat suits to make them even hotter.

Even in his aircon gyms they switch it off at a certain hour and open all the windows to let the cool, fresh night air in.

Thank you, but what about cardio, is it better to sweat a lot or useless also ?

Should I do 2 hours cardio in aircon room or fan room like Thai ? :-)

Thank you for your expertise.

1 hour ago, Asiang said:

Thank you, but what about cardio, is it better to sweat a lot or useless also ?

Should I do 2 hours cardio in aircon room or fan room like Thai ? :-)

Thank you for your expertise.

You can work harder when the air temperature is lower, thereby burning more calories and improving your performance.

Surely you've noticed that a workout is much easier and you perform better when the air temperature is lower?

I workout at home with my aircon set at 26C, 2 fans blowing and shirtless. That's not low temperature, but it sure beats working out in 30C + heat.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, questionsreplies said:

Fitness 7 is good because cheap, 24h and good equipment.

Only cardio machines look like Playskool or Disney tools, shaking when using them.

I guess its a cheap Chinese brand HERCUKEZ.

Yours is the first comment from someone who has trained there since it opened in late August. You'd think we'd hear more about it if it was a good gym. The current temperatures will make it a bit easier to train there without aircon.

Archived