Help with a computer issue

watgate

I am not able to automatically install windows updates on my windows 7 laptop and a Mr Suchart came to my residence and basically said "don't worry about it". He is supposed to be an excellent computer guy so I was very relieved. Now,in speaking to another knowledgeable computer guy but who is admittedly not very knowledgeable about windows computers, he is telling me that you really shouldn't go more then a couple of months with no windows updates so now I am confused again. Anyone with knowledge of windows computers and how best to proceed with no current updates would be appreciated. If it turns out I should fix my computer, I need to find someone in Chiang Mai who can fix my problem with the windows updates and any referrals would also be appreciated.

I am trying to do the exact same thing,for the last 3 hours ,it has been searching for updates,

it's a new install of Windows 7 pro,on Wilders Security forum,just today ,members were also

discussing the same problem,hours and hours looking for updates on a new install of Windows,

is yours a fresh install,if so ,and if it is genuine copy,you may have to let the computer just let

it look for the required updates.

I also have a computer which I have never installed updates,and it has never been infected,

so it's up to you.

regards worgeordie

I am trying to do the exact same thing,for the last 3 hours ,it has been searching for updates,

it's a new install of Windows 7 pro,on Wilders Security forum,just today ,members were also

discussing the same problem,hours and hours looking for updates on a new install of Windows,

is yours a fresh install,if so ,and if it is genuine copy,you may have to let the computer just let

I also have a computer which I have never installed updates,and it has never been infected,

so it's up to you.

regards worgeordie

so it's up to you.

regards worgeordie

so it's up to you.

regards worgeordie

Sorry for the multiple posts,but this forum has still many problems to sort out

you press  Submit reply ad nothing happens,so you press again,not knowing it

has actually worked, its nearly as bad as the Immigration 90 day report online,

so sorry.

regards Worgeordie

Go to wilderssecurity.com, the forum there are discussing this issue

with windows updates, you have to install some patches from Microsoft,

first before your PC will update, they list them there.

regards Worgeordie

I also never update windows 7

It is well bloated enough as is.

But I also know what goes where & why & my PC is not at risk for some things yours may be

if you are not aware & click things on the internet you shouldn't etc

So basically I agree with what Mr Suchart told you about not worrying  if....your experienced enough to not be careless