unpayed fines, consequences ??

aquario33

What happen if somebody owns a second hand vehicle, without transfering  it  in his/ her name and get fined , need to go to the Police Station for payment and never turned up? Would that be tracked somehow , or maybe registered at Land Transport office etc.? So they would insist to settle the amount before getting insured next time??

No the person who the car / bike belongs too will have a hard time making new road tax. So you cant do that unless those fines are paid. 

That is the problem, otherwise just put a car in someone else his name and keep getting fines on it and forget about it. 

26 minutes ago, MYKTHEMIN said:

every year you get a tax disc to stick in your window. you clearly do not live here???

The "tax disc" is  rectangular and show expiration month/year , maybe this explain  the confusion of the poster. ......

31 minutes ago, transam said:

It's not rectangular or round (disc)..............It's a square...........:facepalm:

Sorry, but you have forgotten your elementary geometry. A rectangle is ANY four-sided figure with two sets of parallel lines with four internal angles of 90 degrees. This includes a square. I accept though, not many people use the term "rectangle" when they mean a square. In the same way that I describe the Thai car tax as Tax 'disc' from habit.

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Sorry, but you have forgotten your elementary geometry. A rectangle is ANY four-sided figure with two sets of parallel lines with four internal angles of 90 degrees. This includes a square. I accept though, not many people use the term "rectangle" when they mean a square. In the same way that I describe the Thai car tax as Tax 'disc' from habit.

:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1: