Samui money share dispute ends in murder-suicide

webfact

Samui money share dispute ends in murder-suicide

Phuket Gazette

pkt3.jpeg         

Police prepare to storm Bar Solo near Chaweng Beach on Koh Samui, where the bar manager had barricaded himself in after reportedly shooting dead one of his friends. Photo: Suchat Hankij

SAMUI: The manager of a popular bar near Chaweng Beach on Koh Samui reportedly shot dead his friend last night before turning the gun on himself after a shootout with police and a five-hour standoff.

Bor Phut Police officers arrived at Bar Solo around 1:30am to find the body of Chulit Somakert lying on the floor. His alleged killer, Samroeng Thongpan, reportedly shot at the officers before fleeing to the 2nd floor, where he barricaded himself in.

Police cordoned off the area and attempted to persuade Mr Samroeng to surrender. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samui-money-share-dispute-ends-murdersuicide/65413?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-08-18

A witness said the men were friends but they had fallen out over a million-baht money sharing scheme and that Mr Samroeng owed Mr Chulit money.
------------------

I am guessing that a money sharig scheme is the same thing as a business partnership ?

38 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Word on the street is that he actually was, but the security guard took the blame.

ps. Manager=owner

Why different names for the manager? 

Chulit Somakert /Kanapong Nakwatchara

Am I missing something obvious?

Obviously it was unfair to the manager not to get his money/share as he can see the daily proceeds his partner is getting from selling drugs to punters.What do you think,they were sharing the profit from owning shares in TMB OR HSBC?

12 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Obviously it was unfair to the manager not to get his money/share as he can see the daily proceeds his partner is getting from selling drugs to punters.What do you think,they were sharing the profit from owning shares in TMB OR HSBC?

Pi Lit (Chulit) was a local businessman and originally from Suaratthani province. He was a well loved, hard working and respected family man, leaving behind a wife and 2 kids, now without their father.

In the late 90's, he pioneered internet shops on the island and in the noughties he opened a chain of restaurants and built condominiums.

He most certainly didn't deserve to be gunned down in cold blood. He wasn't heavy, though his admirers were and are. He didn't carry, however, he was influential, albeit passively. He would never have initiated conflict with anyone, even when intimidated.

It sickens me and saddens me greatly that his life has ended so soon. There are many who are missing him greatly as we do.

Samui has always had the edge and I have seen may fall by the wayside, with most possibly deservedly so, but Chulit, this hurts big time..

Asked around a little. It seems that  the "Khanapol Nakwatchara"  from last year shooting of   Mehmet "Ali" Polat; 

was really Samroeng Thongpan...supposedly out on bail for the murder. Allegedly shot someone else in the past week or so for not paying for their drinks in the bar. 

Ironic then that he shot Chulit if it's true that he owed Chulit money.

It's like the Wild West over there.

Archived