Two motorcycle gunmen jailed 20 years for the death of two victims in car crash

webfact

Two motorcycle gunmen jailed 20 years for the death of two victims in car crash

court-wpcf_693x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two young men who pursued their two rivals in a motorcycle chase to their death in a collision with a bus were sentenced by the Criminal Court to 20 years in prison on murder charges.

The two 18-year old defendants, Chaipat Srisawat and Suriyont Wang-in, and two others who are yet to be arrested, riding in two motorcycles, gave chase to their rivals, Karnkrai Pengwat and Trakul Buranasilp, riding on one motorcycle. A third, Krirkchai Ungtrakul, rode in another motorbike.

In the hot pursuit, the two defendants fired shots at Karnkrai and Trakul with a home-made shot gun pistol and a pen pistol. In their escape attempt, the two victims crashed into a bus which parked on the roadside and died instantly.

They also shot Krirkchai who was seriously injured.

The incident occurred on August 22 last year on Tad Mai road in Bangkhen district.

During the trial, the two defendants admitted to the charges and told the court that they were in conflict with the victims while at a restaurant.

The court first handed down a 40-year jailterm on the two but commuted the sentence by half because of their confession.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-motorcycle-gunmen-jailed-20-years-death-two-victims-car-crash/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-19

Such a waste of life all around...the frequency of these incidents is stunning to me...are they not covered by Thai media? I would think that the frequency would spark some reaction from the public...I do not read Thai, so I don't know the answer to this question...does anyone have insight into these situations?  I am sincerely confused, and when I've asked Thai teachers at technical schools about the mindset of students and Thai public, they do not respond...I know that Thais in general like to keep the conversation light, or perhaps they do not wish to discuss the issue because it may reflect poorly on Thais..In the USA, there certainly is violence between street gangs, but not schools...and the media cover the issue thoroughly, some would say too thoroughly...can someone who has been here a while offer some insights?  

Jenphop* to the rescue!!!! Perhaps some of your cash will help to cut the sentence in half again to 10 years? Fellow road murderers have to stick together!!! Peace!

* The Mercedes driver who killed two students smashing his car into their small vehicle at an estimated 200km/h and made them burn alive.

In a country where school principles shoot people in the middle of their school (see the news yesterday) and private college owners send pick-ups full of machete wielding maniacs to a rival private college to hack up the people there (see the news of the Buriram Nursing College from a year or two ago), what else is expected of the youth....

Disgraceful society.

2 hours ago, whatproblem said:

There is uproar from the Thais when a tit is shown near a temple but when people are chased and killed not a word is said 

That Sir, is the result of a total lack of respect for life their own, their families, or anybody else's for that matter

1 hour ago, gchurch259 said:

OK, Twenty years seems about right.

Now, Let us see what the Policemen's Children get for slaughtering a disabled man, a premeditated murder, yes they went home and got weapons and returned, from what I have read.

Come on now the general idea is that you should have forgotten about that minor incident by now

I used the word general as in the usual or expected idea honest

3 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I was looking for the part where it says their sentences were suspended.

That's usually what you see in Thailand right after the headline says sentenced to jail.

For the Thais that don't have money and connections the laws are enforced and they are duly sentenced. As for the rich pricks with money, the laws of the land don't apply...

4 hours ago, MockingJay said:

Jenphop* to the rescue!!!! Perhaps some of your cash will help to cut the sentence in half again to 10 years? Fellow road murderers have to stick together!!! Peace!

* The Mercedes driver who killed two students smashing his car into their small vehicle at an estimated 200km/h and made them burn alive.

Yeah but that's different, you can't  equate low life kids to the upper level of low life's (read pretend hiso) it doesn't work that way.

6 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I was looking for the part where it says their sentences were suspended.

That's usually what you see in Thailand right after the headline says sentenced to jail.

kidding? for discharging fire arms......