new retirement visa after out of country when expired

I will be out of the country when my retirement visa expires. My visa and reentry permit will be cancelled then. Is there any problem to get a new retirement visa when I return?

If there is a problem, I will fly back and renew it then fly back out to continue my endeavors.

I am basically asking if you let a visa expire, will there be a problem getting another one. Thanks

You apparently have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa.

You will have to start all over again by getting a non-o visa and then apply for a new extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

You don't have a visa, you have an extension of stay. You can renew it 30 days (45 days at some offices) before it expires. The new extension will be added onto your existing extension, so you do not lose anything by applying early.

If you do not renew it  before it expires, you would need to start over with a new non-imm O visa obtained at an embassy or consulate and then apply for a new extension of stay based on retirement during the last 30 days of that visa entry.

If you get a new single entry non-imm O visa and use it to enter the country, you would also need a re-entry permit for any out/in travel during that 90 day permission to stay and then another re-entry permit after the extension of stay is granted,

8 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that extensions can be made 30 day before expiration (or 45 days at some locations) so if that fits you could extend and get a new re-entry permit on that extension.

He could also apply for a 12-month multiple-entry O-A visa in his home country, using exactly the same evidence as he needs for the extension, plus a medical certificate and a police report

Answering his original question "  am basically asking if you let a visa expire, will there be a problem getting another one" - no

Depends on what you mean by "no problem".

What they are telling you is you can lose what you have by leaving the country.

Then you will have to start the process all over again wither on your return or in your home country.

If you consider that "no problem " then that is your answer I guess.

9 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You don't have a visa, you have an extension of stay. You can renew it 30 days (45 days at some offices) before it expires. The new extension will be added onto your existing extension, so you do not lose anything by applying early.

If you do not renew it  before it expires, you would need to start over with a new non-imm O visa obtained at an embassy or consulate and then apply for a new extension of stay based on retirement during the last 30 days of that visa entry.

If you get a new single entry non-imm O visa and use it to enter the country, you would also need a re-entry permit for any out/in travel during that 90 day permission to stay and then another re-entry permit after the extension of stay is granted,

Right there is the answer to a question I was going to pose. My wife (falang) is joining me on my retirement extension. She has her single entry 90 day Non O already and will be arriving early net month. The problem is we will have to wait 60 days before we can apply and she may have to fly back out before that time due to family issues. Good that she can go out and back in on a re-entry.

Den   

Kickstand, if you're in Chiang Mai province, I'd advise you to do everything possible not to let your extension of stay expire and expect to start over from ground zero here in Chiang Mai.  You can apply for a new extension up to 45 days in advance in Chiang Mai and not "lose time" because they date your next extension for 12 months from your previous extension.

They make it very difficult to "convert" a 30 day visa exempt entry into a 90-day non-Immigration O visa here in Chiang Mai -- seemingly pushing everyone into using a visa agents, all of whom charge huge fees, way out of proportion to what visa agents normally charge in Chiang Mai.  The Immigration officer won't come right out and tell you to use a visa agent, but they'll make life miserable, give you the run-around, send you first to the Promenada office for one thing, then to the office near the Imm. airport for another, then tell you that you don't have enough time left on your permission to stay, then say you're missing a key document, etc, etc, etc until you give up and either go see a visa agent or go to Vientiane to apply for a 90-day O visa.  Somehow magically they're all smiles when you show up for a visa conversion with a visa agent.

Or better yet, just apply for an O-A visa when you're back in your home country and you can avoid Chiang Mai Immigration totally for two years if you work that visa properly.