Rolex Service in Phuket?

Tapster

We have a friend staying with us who needs a service of his Rolex watch.

Please, does anyone know of a Rolex service centre or of a watchmaker who will do work on Rolexes in Phuket?

Many thanks!

:)

Thanks Shot. 

It turns out that we're looking for a watchmaker who works on Rolex watches but who won't charge 2,000 USD just to open it up and have a look! 

So an unofficial Rolex watchmaker, please. 

:D:D:D

2 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Thanks Shot. 

It turns out that we're looking for a watchmaker who works on Rolex watches but who won't charge 2,000 USD just to open it up and have a look! 

You really willing to risk an unoffical watchmaker  here in Thailand ? Likely have the guts removed and replaced by a cheap fake.

2 hours ago, Tapster said:

I'm looking for a recommendation from someone who knows of a good, independent watchmaker, if one exists in Phuket. 

To my knowledge there isn't one.

If this is a real Rolex then I suggest you take it to somewhere like Washington Optics in Phuket town and they'll send it off to Bangkok for you.

Quality watches need to be opened in controlled environments to avoid dust particles etc from spoiling the workings .

Please don't give your friends watch to someone on Soi Bangla :facepalm::lol:

My friend will check out anyone as thoroughly as possible before leaving the watch with them. He's no fool. 

Ahmed in Soi Bangla won't be dealing with it, for sure! 

So far Muang Thong Watch in Phuket Town looks favourite. Thanks, Iolare. :)

Great video.

My friend was asked for a 7,000 USD deposit for his last service. 

That's crazy, even though it's a 25,000 USD watch. 

I wouldn't spend that much on a watch, even if I was a squillionaire! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2016 at 8:53 AM, Tapster said:

Thanks Shot. 

There's a guy with a booth inside the Jungceylon shopping mall. He repaired a Lacoste watch for me about five years ago and it hasn't failed again since then so I can recommend him. 

His booth is located on the ground floor in the first building after the pond with the boat called The Port (if you're coming from Rat-U-Thit road). Turn left and walk past the cosmetics section and you'll see one where they sell watches. His booth is located at the back of that below the escalator.

Also the fact that he's been in Jungceylon for as long as I can remember attests to his expertise considering the rents they have to pay there.

Edited by Xircal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In Manchester UK Rolex service is from £450 (price as of October 2016 on an oyster perpetual date adjust) I would not let any back street watch dealer go near a Genuine Rolex, the money invested in a timepiece such as this, you really should have a official Rolex service center carry this out. its history like a vehicle will help maintain its value - unless he has no receipt and ID card for the watch showing providence then it already has took a large hit on value. Simply search Rolex Service Centers worldwide.   

Who in their right mind would pay 25,000 Usd for a watch when everything from your phone to computer to camera has a clock in it nowadays, if you want to impress people who are easily fooled by a fake one, looks the same right down to the trade marks inside of it