Shut down! Saphan Kwai raid finds underage pole dancers and sex for sale

webfact

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"The raiding party found "go-go" dancers who were scantily clad - some were even naked."

Quite shocking really, this sort of nonsense would never be allowed in the more respectable farang touristy areas such as Nana, Soi Cowboy and the glittering, police protected, pole polishing palaces of pulchritude in Pattaya, Patong and Patpong...:facepalm:

I am truly mortified by this. Seems these premises have fallen behind in their payments. It definitely was time for a tuneup. Don't let it happen again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Here we go. At least the present incumbents are doing something to stop their country being forever named The World's Brothel. IF it irks (most of you), it's about time you faced up to yourselves, or do something positive in this country and stopped with the 'well I'm helping the girl's poor peasant farmers who'd otherwise STARVE'. Set up a meals on bloody wheels then. <deleted>.

if it doesnt involve laying on their backs doing nothing I dont think they would be interested, but why dont you try it if you are so concerned about it?

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"The raiding party found "go-go" dancers who were scantily clad - some were even naked."

Quite shocking really, this sort of nonsense would never be allowed in the more respectable farang touristy areas such as Nana, Soi Cowboy and the glittering, police protected, pole polishing palaces of pulchritude in Pattaya, Patong and Patpong...:facepalm:

Your sarcasm conveniently overlooks the reason for the raid, underage girls and any bars in the areas you mention would get the same treatment for that offence.

Edited by gdgbb

3 hours ago, clockman said:

The height of hypocrisy! Anywhere in Thailand this goes on.

What goes on "anywhere in Thailand", underage foreign girls for hire?  You think so?  What is so hypocritical about the raid?

3 hours ago, taony said:

The couldn't bother to look in the even bigger place right across the street from Harlem nights?  mabye the 20 or 30 metres was too far for them.

The other place probably had their protection insurance up to date...

Winnie

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

When raids in nana and silom goes down, you will know Thailand is finally serious in their crackdowns.

Raids are made in those areas and shutdowns happen when young, underaged girls are involved.

Never ceases to amaze me about the sheer numbers of westerners that move here to live or even just visit. That ate so clueless to the reality of here. They actually expect relevant authorities to act like the relevant authorities would in there home countries.  The soi dog problem parallels the sex trade. Here in SE Asia. Not many give a shiit. It's one of those things that generates huge money. And nobody here will appreciate some foreigners stepping on there pocket book. What you see in the media is simple pandering to look good. A few raids here and there. Nothing else.

If things like this bother you,  we'll this ain't the place to be.

2 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Here we go. At least the present incumbents are doing something to stop their country being forever named The World's Brothel. IF it irks (most of you), it's about time you faced up to yourselves, or do something positive in this country and stopped with the 'well I'm helping the girl's poor peasant farmers who'd otherwise STARVE'. Set up a meals on bloody wheels then. <deleted>.

Yea, they are passing the torch to the new head honchos on the block. It's a pony show, like always. 

Shut for 5 years AFTER employing underage girls? How about shut forever and the owner, manager and mamsan jailed for 5 years.

These bars will be open again, perhaps with a new name, in no time at all.

So no, nothing is really being done other than stacks of cash exchanging hands.

1 hour ago, ScotBkk said:

Soi Nana

I stopped frequenting these sex places after All the Mamasans started calling me in first name terms. 

Just saying ......:clap2:

LOL I have the same problem in Patpong.

It has it's good points, beer is at my table, most girls leave me alone

It is definitely nice to have VIP treatment just gets expensive LOL

Hell I even got a

free

beer for my birthday

18 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Yea, they are passing the torch to the new head honchos on the block. It's a pony show, like always. 

Shut for 5 years AFTER employing underage girls? How about shut forever and the owner, manager and mamsan jailed for 5 years.

These bars will be open again, perhaps with a new name, in no time at all.

So no, nothing is really being done other than stacks of cash exchanging hands.

How about waiting for the case to get to court before releasing your condemnation?  

I've been in a few bars in this area on a couple of occasions 20-25 years ago. Being a farang in there made you a bit of a curiosity for sure. I assume it hasn't changed much over the decades except for the foreign staff. I currently live within walking distance of the street and took a walk through there a couple of years back. It was pretty quiet and depressing. I'm surprised most of the bars there haven't failed of their own accord long ago.

6 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I've been in a few bars in this area on a couple of occasions 20-25 years ago. Being a farang in there made you a bit of a curiosity for sure. I assume it hasn't changed much over the decades except for the foreign staff. I currently live within walking distance of the street and took a walk through there a couple of years back. It was pretty quiet and depressing. I'm surprised most of the bars there haven't failed of their own accord long ago.

I think the big reason they do not fail is there is almost no overheard.  I am sure they own the bars outright and therefore the only payment is for supplies utilities and the pittance the girls get

6 hours ago, Confuscious said:

How can we check the truth of this story if they shut the bars for 5 years?

You go there every day for five years and check out the "locus in quo" just to prove they speak the truth which they always do. Over to you and good luck!