Who attacked who? Cop claims he is the victim after video posted online

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

They need CCTV in the Police Booths. Where I am from if you put a hand on a Policeman, you are in trouble.

oh  gawd I have one come here regularly and Im always touching him, last time I gave him a  bottle  of Oishi and a  t shirt from the UK for his son 

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is absolutely no way to know who was in the right here. A potentially corrupt cop, or some woman who could not handle getting busted for committing five traffic offenses. In the US she would lose her bike, be charged with not having a license, going through a red light, no current license plates, no insurance, no helmet, and assaulting a police officer. That would be thousands of dollars in fines, the likely loss of a license, if she even has one, and perhaps two years in prison. Here, she is probably just going to walk away from all of this, due to a fabulously ineffective judiciary. No deterrent, equals no correct behavior, and no motivation to behave correctly on the road, resulting in thousands of deaths annually. 

Did you even bother to read the article?????

The woman was not the one committing traffic offences....... She was a pillion rider on the back of a motorbike taxi!

Maybe instead of being in such a rush to let us all know how things are handled so much better in the US you should spend more time reading the article first..

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Fortunately we're not in that hell hole where it's more likely she would have been very violently assaulted, tasered multiple times or even more likely shot dead.

theyd have done the world a  favour in my  opinion she needs  shooting dead

47 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I have to say: a feisty wife, I like her....

Agreed id be most tempted to risk a short time with her....a tigress for sure

but i think the cop should have taken her down by any means necessary. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There is absolutely no way to know who was in the right here. A potentially corrupt cop, or some woman who could not handle getting busted for committing five traffic offenses. In the US she would lose her bike, be charged with not having a license, going through a red light, no current license plates, no insurance, no helmet, and assaulting a police officer. That would be thousands of dollars in fines, the likely loss of a license, if she even has one, and perhaps two years in prison. Here, she is probably just going to walk away from all of this, due to a fabulously ineffective judiciary. No deterrent, equals no correct behavior, and no motivation to behave correctly on the road, resulting in thousands of deaths annually. 

42 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

Did you even bother to read the article?????

The woman was not the one committing traffic offences....... She was a pillion rider on the back of a motorbike taxi!

Maybe instead of being in such a rush to let us all know how things are handled so much better in the US you should spend more time reading the article first..

i don't think spidermike is saying  US police handle situations that are considered world's best practice....

They could make a good change by doing away with those gridiron 'quarterback haircuts' that were never seen in days gone by.

To many people it must be intimidating.....

And spending a night or so in prison to front the judge for bail is draconian.Here in Aus,if i belt someone a few times about

the head(if arrested on the spot) i'll be taken to a cop shop-interviewed-charged-and released within 6 hours with a blue charge sheet

in my possession with a date on it for my court appearance....system works well....I've been thru it twice:(

17 hours ago, NickJ said:

If all the officers did this....might even save quite a few lives.

The mind set of the Thai people needs to be changed from....Cops want money....to I better not break the law.

The thing is, respect MUST be earned.  The RTP have no respect, and deserve none, because of their past and current behaviour.  Complete and total reform is required.

47 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Agreed id be most tempted to risk a short time with her....a tigress for sure

but i think the cop should have taken her down by any means necessary. 

She's probably lucky there was only one cop in the booth...

If  there were others,she may have visited copperhead row!:blink:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He was charged with seven offences including not having a license, going through a red light, no tax, no insurance and no helmet.

I think its good that the police man catched him  when you look at that stupidity  . 

A clever move to record the incident because that stopped him from throwing a right hook and laying her out.  I imagine he will get a lot of ribbing from his workmates and at some time in the future the girl will get her come-up pence.  Thai's don't get over losing face without retribution. .

4 hours ago, smedly said:

he should have arrested her on the spot and put her in cuffs using whatever force he needed to use.

Yeah, I am just trying to imagine what would have happened to a woman who did that to a cop in the US, UK ,Oz etc?

I'm not the babylon's #1 fan, but if they are just trying to do their job......

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

A clever move to record the incident because that stopped him from throwing a right hook and laying her out.  I imagine he will get a lot of ribbing from his workmates and at some time in the future the girl will get her come-up pence.  Thai's don't get over losing face without retribution. .

you have to understand the majority of Thai cops are not that aggresive

5 hours ago, zmaf said:

Agree!! Didn't see the Officer not once assault her...he was defending himself by avoiding the assaults from her!! Total disrespect and abuse to an Officer doing his job!!

He actually did a weak underhanded sucker punch at her stomach that really got her going!!!

as i see the video, the cop has physically attacked the innocent lady first, she was only defending herself. of course, we dont know, what happend before, but when  the lady was treated respectless by the policeman, HE will be in troubles. thailand is not the us. in thailand, they dont trust the law, they take things into their own hands.

35 minutes ago, moe666 said:

and what do youreally know about the US, you realize saying america maybe you are talking about Mexico, centralamerica, and south america

Lets' give him the benefit of the doubt hey!!!

I take he's talking about north america......As for mexico...well that's a warzone

5 hours ago, NickJ said:

If all the officers did this....might even save quite a few lives.

The mind set of the Thai people needs to be changed from....Cops want money....to I better not break the law.

This cop needs our admiration and hopefully some Thai organizations will see fit to reward him. Yes I know this is his job but, look at it from his perspective could he expect total support from his superiours if the woman in question was Hi.So?. But the way she acted was  like some one with the lowest level of social skills.