Leaving after a decade.

DennisF

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

The one where they don't let you live here any more by doing constant border runs?

Exemptions were never meant for long termers. Those who abused the system brought it on themselves. Boo hoo. Want to live here? Get a proper visa.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

Yep they set a dangerous precedent also,blaming the foreigner for all of Thailand's woes,as if a hundred thousand sexpats in Chang vests drinking beer in Pattaya are responsible for rice harvests failing and the Thai Baht plunging along with the stock markets!
The Thai people swallow it all and it breeds resentment with them,scaring off tourists and making the situation worse it is a very vicious cycle they appear to be stuck in right now.
I don't think I'll be back in Thailand for a while 2-3 years minimum,to see if it's all blown over and things have improved,it's always a shame as the average Thai person hasn't really changed but the powers that be wage war against the lifeblood of the tourist industry,as a smokescreen while they rape and pillage the country's riches like a South-East Asian David Copperfield the master illusionist!
As the tank or private jet disappears the Thai people turn around in a haze of Yabba and Lao Khao,with seething hatred for the foreigner they think has just stolen them,not realising where they have really gone and that's the way the government has been playing it for decades now!

When did they blame 'the foreigner' for all Thailand's problems?

I must have missed that announcement. 

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

The one where they don't let you live here any more by doing constant border runs?

Actually the ones where you could live there being under 50 years old without a work permit if you are self employed.The 60-day double entry tourist visas were ok even if the 90-day visa runs were a bit of a pain.

If you have a work permit or deem it financially sound to employ 4 tea-makers for every foreign worker plus depositing 2 Million baht into a company for each one,where you are a minority shareholder and Somchai that you met at the incorporating offices is the majority shareholder in the business that you have financed 100% then so be it,good luck to you I say but my personal choice is that it's not financially viable.
I make a decent income that gives me the choice to choose where I live in South-East Asia and I choose NOT to live in Thailand right now,of course others may have a differing opinion on that.

7 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

When did they blame 'the foreigner' for all Thailand's problems?

I must have missed that announcement. 

I think there's a lot of things that you miss about Thailand,do you speak,read or write any Thai for example?

14 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

Actually the ones where you could live there being under 50 years old without a work permit if you are self employed.The 60-day double entry tourist visas were ok even if the 90-day visa runs were a bit of a pain.

If you have a work permit or deem it financially sound to employ 4 tea-makers for every foreign worker plus depositing 2 Million baht into a company for each one,where you are a minority shareholder and Somchai that you met at the incorporating offices is the majority shareholder in the business that you have financed 100% then so be it,good luck to you I say but my personal choice is that it's not financially viable.
I make a decent income that gives me the choice to choose where I live in South-East Asia and I choose NOT to live in Thailand right now,of course others may have a differing opinion on that.

I don't think there was ever a rule where you could be self-employed in Thailand without a work permit. 

7 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't think there was ever a rule where you could be self-employed in Thailand without a work permit. 

He never said the employment was in Thailand.  Nit picking for junta approval?

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Still, I feel like we're getting somewhere here. 

'They change the laws constantly' = 'They removed the loophole I was exploiting/started enforcing the rule I was openly flouting'.

How is it a loophole when the Royal Thai Consulate in Vientiane is giving away free back-to-back 60-day double entry visas to all and sundry?
I know that was before your coronation as the King of Siam last year or whenever you arrived in the Kingdom but do try to keep up!

Hopefully a bit on topic, went to samut prakan to do a 90 day today, they 'don't really do' mail or via the web. They now demand 5 different copies of you passport, why who knows. Wanted to know why I stay in Thailand after 10 years, finding it harder to answer every time they ask, the novelty of all their silly ways wore off a long time ago.

Edited by thai3

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

Hopefully a bit on topic, went to samut prakan to do a 90 day today, they 'don't really do' mail or via the web. They now demand 5 different copies of you passport, why who knows. Wanted to know why I stay in Thailand after 10 years, finding it harder to answer every time they ask, the novelty of all their silly ways wore off a long time ago.

. Wanted to know why I stay in Thailand after 10 years-clearly they'd read your online posts and realized how fed up you are of Thailand.

How is it a loophole when the Royal Thai Consulate in Vientiane is giving away free back-to-back 60-day double entry visas to all and sundry?

I know that was before your coronation as the King of Siam last year or whenever you arrived in the Kingdom but do try to keep up!

Try to keep up???

Double/Triple entry visas haven't been issued by any consulates/Embassies anywhere since last November when they were replaced with the METV.

Which you can only get if you're a legal resident in the country where you're applying (some people have said they've managed to get one in Perth on their Australian tourist visa but that's about the closest anybody has managed).

3 hours ago, MyFrenU said:

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Try to keep up???

Double/Triple entry visas haven't been issued by any consulates/Embassies anywhere since last November when they were replaced with the METV.

Which you can only get if you're a legal resident in the country where you're applying (some people have said they've managed to get one in Perth on their Australian tourist visa but that's about the closest anybody has managed).

Try to read the second paragraph of my post,I've emboldened it specially for you!

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Maybe they wanted 5 diffetent copies as you have multiple TV accounts. Just chatting on another forum like.

A number of posts have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

Yes, yes, please close. Although I would enjoy a good discussion abut spam (the food). Has anybody else noticed that the Thai weekly show (Friday) about the royals uses the Monty Python theme song as its theme song too?

Ah The Liberty Bell March,an American military march song 

could one of the subconscious reasons driving Dennis back to the UK after 10 years be the lack of varieties of spam in LOS?

22 hours ago, DennisF said:

I suppose I have just become jaded with the so called powers that be and their transparent lack of intellect, forcing the populace into submission through  subliminal threats.

We're still waiting for the real world examples of how this has directly effected you to the point where you want to leave Thailand?

I have a sneaking suspicion you would feel significanttly less jaded by logging off Thai visa for a while.