speed camera

fry30

Hi everyone,

I was on Kanchanaphisek road yesterday night and I saw a lot of car over speeding, I was wondering if they were speed camera on this road if they were working at night and if the fine were adding up for each speed camera catching the speed limit violation.

Yes there are cameras. Yes you will get a ticket from each camera ... there is a leeway but even Mrs J is not sure how much. And as said a free photo to hang behind your toilet door....

Pay at the Post Office ......

8 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Wife received one in the mail yesterday. Me driving to the airport last month at 5am - 137Kph in 120Kph zone

resulting in a 500 baht fine.. :whistling:  Gotta love law enforcement in Thailand.

What is wrong with driving at 120Kph ...stick it in 'cruise' and forget...

At 5am on an empty stretch of highway you'll find 140 is the speed most are doing. I hate having a55holes in fortunas tailgaiting my a55 so I just keep ahead of them. If you want to battle along in the middle lane with them driving all around you.. Up to you. As for cruise control ...No thanks I prefer to pay attention and drive. 

Edited by Pdaz
spelling

8 hours ago, Pdaz said:

At 5am on an empty stretch of highway you'll find 140 is the speed most are doing. I hate having a55holes in fortunas tailgaiting my a55 so I just keep ahead of them. If you want to battle along in the middle lane with them driving all around you.. Up to you. As for cruise control ...No thanks I prefer to pay attention and drive. 

If I drive at night on a highway with 120, I find that hardly anybody overtakes me. So no, 140 is not a very common speed.

I find cruise control assisting me in keeping my attention focused on the road and other users in stead of other things. Each to his own.

On 8/24/2016 at 9:46 AM, JAS21 said:

What is wrong with driving at 120Kph ...stick it in 'cruise' and forget...

It seems that you never drove a real car ? Not a Jap metallic box i mean... In a 2016 Benz if you set the cruise speed at 120 you sleep in less than 10 minutes...

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If I drive at night on a highway with 120, I find that hardly anybody overtakes me. So no, 140 is not a very common speed.

I find cruise control assisting me in keeping my attention focused on the road and other users in stead of other things. Each to his own.

People who really know what driving means drive after 4am before stupid mom who knows nothing and makeup when driving wakeup. Most people driving at 4am know what they are doing and drive over 120. They never block me on the right lane and see me from far away even if I drive at 180.

This is my experience, it might be wrong also, but what I am sure is that yours is perfectly wrong.

8 hours ago, Pdaz said:

You are perfectly right, and even if I am not sure that others are wrong, for me they are, and I often drive from 4am to 8am. The best time to move quickly in this country.

2 hours ago, innocenthai said:

It seems that you never drove a real car ? Not a Jap metallic box i mean... In a 2016 Benz if you set the cruise speed at 120 you sleep in less than 10 minutes...

OK so I drive a EVT+ now.  In the past I have raced and rallied a 1293 CooperS.

Also had MGB, Ford Capri 3000, Lotus Elan+2S, Triumph Stag, multiple XJ6's,Ford RS Turbo and a Cosworth, XJS, BMW M3,  Merc 190E and 'C' class, BMW520d and several others that I forget now. 

Now am happy to poodle along in an 'inner lane' at 120kph or less and smile at those going somewhat faster who try and read the newspaper that is lying on the rear parcel shelf of the car in front.....enjoy

And I won't even cross the white line in the easy pass lanes ..I'm not stupid 555

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

OK so I drive a EVT+ now.  In the past I have raced and rallied a 1293 CooperS.

Also had MGB, Ford Capri 3000, Lotus Elan+2S, Triumph Stag, multiple XJ6's,Ford RS Turbo and a Cosworth, XJS, BMW M3,  Merc 190E and 'C' class, BMW520d and several others that I forget now. 

Now am happy to poodle along in an 'inner lane' at 120kph or less and smile at those going somewhat faster who try and read the newspaper that is lying on the rear parcel shelf of the car in front.....enjoy

And I won't even cross the white line in the easy pass lanes ..I'm not stupid 555

Like you in & around BKK I always use Cruse if I can. Have been done twice first on the 9 120kph speed limit cost 500bt. Second expressway 1.000. Now I drive like my cab driver who never goes over 100kph on the expressway.

Where cruse comes in handy is you can set it at 118kph on the 9 and you'll never get done. Likewise the expressway 98. Works for me I can now spend the cash on a nice meal or two out. 

Saying all of the above once I'm passed Ayutthaya going north the cameras are non existent that's when I do floor it if only to leave the small noddy cars behind.

I just drive as the road conditions allow. Whether it's 5kph in heavy traffic or 140 on an empty highway. I just try to get the best compromise between safety and making progress. I rarely notice posted limits and I'm happy to pay 500/1000 baht fines if I break the law. In 17 years I think I've had 3 speed cam fines and two from the very nice cops waiting at the toll barrier where highway 7 ends. Their buddies must have clocked me with a radar gun and radioed ahead. On the second occaision they also stopped an orange TT RS which I was trying to catch up with (I have a TT Quattro so wanted to check out the RS ) The Thai guy in the RS had been doing 150 so paid 1500, I was slower so only had to pay 1000 :)

@ Jas21. Nice list of cars you had there. Some of my favorites among them. :thumbsup:

The last 80 clicks into Krabi in the early dawn is the place to do 200+.Burn that annoying Adaptive speed thing of n let it rip .No yapping passengers No bloody music,just feel free for a while once a
Month .Just been told it's 250 Clicks of road that's hardly used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2016 at 10:15 AM, stevenl said:

Also my experience. Anything over 120km sets the speed cameras off which is really one of the main points of using the CC. Making the best possible time without getting a ticket!  While allowing you to concentrate your attention on the road rather than the speedometer... 

On 8/25/2016 at 10:28 AM, innocenthai said:

BTW - Aren't they manufacturing those in Thailand now? :whistling: 

On 23/08/2016 at 3:54 PM, Ace of Pop said:

I tend to get a 7/11 plastic bag stuck on my Rego when in radar land, dam the litter louts officer i tell the spot checks.

Haven't heard of that one before, is the Rego a new Honda model?

On 25/08/2016 at 1:34 AM, Pdaz said:

You prefer to "pay attention"?  You got a speeding ticket, didn't you?

How do you manage to find so many arse holes in Fortuners to tailgate you at 5am on empty highways?

On 8/24/2016 at 1:11 AM, Pdaz said:

Wife received one in the mail yesterday. Me driving to the airport last month at 5am - 137Kph in 120Kph zone

resulting in a 500 baht fine.. :whistling:  Gotta love law enforcement in Thailand.

overhead speed camera that puts your vehicle up on the big screen ?

Been meaning to blaze through that 180km/h (damn speed limiters) and smile and wave.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:31 AM, innocenthai said:

People who really know what driving means drive after 4am before stupid mom who knows nothing and makeup when driving wakeup. Most people driving at 4am know what they are doing and drive over 120. They never block me on the right lane and see me from far away even if I drive at 180.

This is my experience, it might be wrong also, but what I am sure is that yours is perfectly wrong.

Just relating my experience.

And no, I'm not falling for your provocations.

12 hours ago, gdgbb said:

You prefer to "pay attention"?  You got a speeding ticket, didn't you?

How do you manage to find so many arse holes in Fortuners to tailgate you at 5am on empty highways?

Not just at 5am.. There are arse holes in Fortunas 24 hrs a day.. Guess you have a fortuna ?

I

11 hours ago, Don Mega said:

overhead speed camera that puts your vehicle up on the big screen ?

Been meaning to blaze through that 180km/h (damn speed limiters) and smile and wave.

I just wish I knew exactly where it was.. No point in waving as the pic only shows the licence plate.

I had thought of that too.. Pretty sure the old TT is good for 240 kph. Would make a great FB post*

*Note to uptight members... This is only banter and neither myself nor DM would ever drive that fast...:whistling:

Yesterday night I was on the motorway 9 with many warning signs showing a speed limit of 80, I was the only snail to respect this limit, didn't overtake one car all the way long. It was very frustrating to see this huge large free way and keep this speed.

18 hours ago, fry30 said:

Yesterday night I was on the motorway 9 with many warning signs showing a speed limit of 80, I was the only snail to respect this limit, didn't overtake one car all the way long. It was very frustrating to see this huge large free way and keep this speed.

Scared by the 0000.1 % chance to get a 500 baht fine ? True, some people also won the lottery !

On 8/27/2016 at 0:53 AM, Pdaz said:

Not just at 5am.. There are arse holes in Fortunas 24 hrs a day.. Guess you have a fortuna ?

I

Yes in your dream they must be everywhere, but I often drive between 4am and 7am and nobody is as stupid as the fortuners that you see in day time. I don't drive a japanese tuna box also, maybe it helps.

3 hours ago, AsianExport said:

Scared by the 0000.1 % chance to get a 500 baht fine ? True, some people also won the lottery !

So there very little chance to get fine on 80 km/h limitation?

Also what would be the best time to don't get traffic between Ratchaburi and Rayong passing through Bangkok? I chose to drive from 8 pm to midnight but some here are saying that the best time is between 4 am and 8 am