Police: Man shouts 'Allahu akbar' in Australian knife attack 

webfact

42 minutes ago, Zendo said:

if you charge him for terrorism, you'll be seen as an islamophobic..

Please stop the nonsense, if you have any knowledge of Australian Federal Police investigations there is no hesitation, if there is sufficient evidence, to lay charges for terrorism related offences.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Patsycat said:

And do your children all have blond hair and blue eyes?  What a silly comment,  especially on a Thai Forum.  Where mixed race children prevail.

You have no problem with miscegenation? Fine.  I do.

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Please stop the nonsense, if you have any knowledge of Australian Federal Police investigations there is no hesitation, if there is sufficient evidence, to lay charges for terrorism related offences.

OK, good for you then, because in France it's not the case for now, so it's nice to ear that Australian Government is not like French one, and will tell the truth to his own people even if it's correlated with djihad.

21 hours ago, MissAndry said:

"The dead woman was named by Australian and British media as Mia Ayliffe-Chung, from Derbyshire, who was reported to be days into a three-month working holiday in the area after having worked in a bar in the Gold Coast. "

Another good British name, was the victim Muslim?

l think that she was half British & half Chinese, & British by citizenship.

What a pity.

Cut down in the prime of her life.

The bloke that did it should be tortured then hanged.

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

8 hours ago, Zendo said:

if you charge him for terrorism, you'll be seen as an islamophobic..

Please stop the nonsense, if you have any knowledge of Australian Federal Police investigations there is no hesitation, if there is sufficient evidence, to lay charges for terrorism related offences

Exactly when did you lose your sense of humour?   default_rolleyes.gif

5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Exactly when did you lose your sense of humour?   default_rolleyes.gif

Each to their own, personally I find nothing amusing about right wing orientated PC accusations against Oz law enforcement

I see a disturbing trend here.   A number of these idiots, in different countries, are being branded 'mentally disturbed'.  This is within minutes of being arrested and without the benefit of psychiatric assessment.  The fact that they have been shouting 'allahu akbar' (apparently 'god is great') whilst killing people is irrelevant.  We don't want to appear islamophobic, or brand them 'jihadists', or indeed anything that may offend the muslim population.  After all, we rely on them to feed us information on what is happening in their communities, and our authorities can take appropriate action.   Yeah....right!!

What is (conveniently) not being recognized is that these rsoles can be mad AND bad.  There doesn't have to be a choice.....it can be both.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Absolutely irrelevant.  Moslems shout it all the time (even when not murdering people).  Apparently Moslem women regularly cry it out when they're giving birth to another would-be terrorist.

Source:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-24/allahu-akbar-police-probe-extremist-link-in-backpacker-stabbing/7780632

That is EXACTLY what I would expect  Islamic Council of Queensland's Ali Kadri to say.  What else would he be likely to say??

The case against the man charged over a brutal stabbing death in northQueensland has been adjourned until October.

Frenchman Smail Ayad, 29, did not appear when his case was mentioned.

His lawyer, Helen Armitage, did not speak to the media following the court mention.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/26/case-adjourned-for-man-charged-with-of-british-backpacker-mia-ayliffe-chung

Karma perhaps ?

29 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

At least the accused is being held in a secure prison. He didn't appear as too much of a security risk based upon his prior aggressiveness towards police. His lawyer asked for the delay to prepare their case, further investigation etc

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

At least the accused is being held in a secure prison. He didn't appear as too much of a security risk based upon his prior aggressiveness towards police. His lawyer asked for the delay to prepare their case, further investigation etc

What a bizarre statement, considering what he is being charged with.

He didn't appear as too much of a security risk based upon his prior aggressiveness towards police.

You also might want to check some Australian sources, because:

He was due to appear in court today via video link but police explained he would not be present because he had caused a 'disturbance' while in custody.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-accused-murdering-british-backpacker-8707523

With 30 eye witnesses I do not think his lawyer has much of a case to prepare.

Just now, SgtRock said:

What a bizarre statement, considering what he is being charged with.

You also might want to check some Australian sources, because:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-accused-murdering-british-backpacker-8707523

With 30 eye witnesses I do not think his lawyer has much of a case to prepare.

I live in the State where the crimes were committed so quite a bit of detail from local media. Yes, 'disturbance' as he assaulted two police, one of whom was bitten, whilst in custody. Defense requesting more time to prepare for Court, totally normal legal protocol.

On 8/24/2016 at 0:20 PM, monkey4u said:

Whether he yelled God is Great ( I think that is the translation ) or said nothing

He is certainly not using his full bag of marbles, unfortunately for us Australian tax payers we will have to pay to support him for his term in either prison or a mental institute.  Too bad we don't have a death penalty 

Why not creating a new law only for jihad asshholes and hang them on the highest tree, visible for all his mates. 

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I live in the State where the crimes were committed so quite a bit of detail from local media. Yes, 'disturbance' as he assaulted two police, one of whom was bitten, whilst in custody. Defense requesting more time to prepare for Court, totally normal legal protocol.

But nothing to back up what you are claiming ?

2 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Death penalty is more expensive for tax payers than jail term

That's an interesting statement. Can you please explain why the death penalty is more expensive than jail term?

4 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

Death penalty is more expensive for tax payers than jail term

Ludicrous generalisation.  Surely that only depends upon how long it takes to dispense justice.  A quick bullet in the back of the head upon apprehension only costs a few cents.

32 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

But nothing to back up what you are claiming ?

He allegedly lashed out at police again while being moved from hospital to the watchhouse, with one officer bitten on the leg.

My error "eight-week adjournment to allow police to complete an unspecified application and prepare a brief of evidence"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/home-hill-stabbing-accused-backpacker-murderer-smail-ayad-does-not-front-court-20160826-gr1qu8.html

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

He allegedly lashed out at police again while being moved from hospital to the watchhouse, with one officer bitten on the leg.

My error "eight-week adjournment to allow police to complete an unspecified application and prepare a brief of evidence"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/home-hill-stabbing-accused-backpacker-murderer-smail-ayad-does-not-front-court-20160826-gr1qu8.html

No apology necessary :whistling:

49 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

these high costs are due to inadequate sentencing and inadequate application of that penalty.

if the death penalty was applied only to cases that are very clear, the sentence could be carried out in just a few weeks.

15 hours ago, Oxx said:

Ludicrous generalisation.  Surely that only depends upon how long it takes to dispense justice.  A quick bullet in the back of the head upon apprehension only costs a few cents.

I always wanted to shoot a 357 Magnum and it would be my pleasure to try my first shot on a guy who'd killed some innocent people, just because he wanted to have plenty of virgins, but didn't know that you can't have sex without a body. 

Or what about those who're found with a bomb around their bodies? Let them blow themselves up, hanging on a crane, visible for everybody. Bummmmm,.....

15 hours ago, manarak said:

these high costs are due to inadequate sentencing and inadequate application of that penalty.

if the death penalty was applied only to cases that are very clear, the sentence could be carried out in just a few weeks.

nope, except if you want the laws to change and people cannot do appeal and other things like this..I am sure you would like to have a trial then right after a hanging but modern countries (by opposition to the ones you say are worth nothing) have rules and must be followed...

2 hours ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

nope, except if you want the laws to change and people cannot do appeal and other things like this..I am sure you would like to have a trial then right after a hanging but modern countries (by opposition to the ones you say are worth nothing) have rules and must be followed...

Rules can be made, changed, repeled...

Of course appeal possibilities would remain unchanged, but if the cases are as clear as I imagine, the appeal review would be very quick and possibly even assorted with additional fines for wasting the courts' time.

All sorts of nonsensical appeals are filed all the time, I always thought of them as fraud, same as some lawsuits which are simply ridiculous.