A Phrase Worth Remembering

taxexile

I am not sure about จากัน nor about ค่อยพูดค่อย simply because I have never heard those, but it is good to learn new things. I would use:

อย่า ใจ ร้อน น่า ค่อย ๆ พูด กัน ก็ ได้

Or even better:

ใจ เย็น น่า ค่อย ๆ พูด กัน ก็ ได้

อย่าใจร้อนน่าค่อยพูดค่อยจากันก็ได้

further delvings into a dictionary show that จา doesnt exist on its own ,(at least not in my dictionary) but it exists as พูดจา meaning to "have a talk with"

boxigs

ใจ เย็น น่า ค่อย ๆ พูด กัน ก็ ได้

is shorter , rolls off the tongue easier and probably conveys the same meaning....... and in a situation where time could be everything that might be a better option. :o

The word วาจา is from Pali/Sanskrit, it means "utterance, spoken words." It's one word, and a noun, and it's unrelated to ว่า. So, for example, วาจาสุภาพ would be "polite words/speech." I'm virtually certain (though I haven't seen it claimed anywhere else) that จา is clipped from วาจา.

พูดจา is a sort of semantic pair that are always said together. พูดจาไม่เพราะ "He speaks impolitely." If I'm right about จา, then it's shortened from พูดวาจา.

In some areas จา is being taken up as a verb, though, meaning to speak, tell, talk, etc. จากันทั้งวัน "They talk all day long." Not sure how widespread this usage is, though.

As for ว่าจา, I don't think that's used. I've never heard it, but maybe someone else can attest to it.

The word วาจา is from Pali/Sanskrit, it means "utterance, spoken words." It's one word, and a noun, and it's unrelated to ว่า. So, for example, วาจาสุภาพ would be "polite words/speech." I'm virtually certain (though I haven't seen it claimed anywhere else) that จา is clipped from วาจา.

พูดจา is a sort of semantic pair that are always said together. พูดจาไม่เพราะ "He speaks impolitely." If I'm right about จา, then it's shortened from พูดวาจา.

In some areas จา is being taken up as a verb, though, meaning to speak, tell, talk, etc. จากันทั้งวัน "They talk all day long." Not sure how widespread this usage is, though.

As for ว่าจา, I don't think that's used. I've never heard it, but maybe someone else can attest to it.

If memory serves me correctly, วาจา is used as one of the basic tenants of Buddhism in the phrase saamaawaajaa, correct speech, part of the eight-fold path.

pood, pood-ja = speak, talk

koi koi pood koi koi ja = speak, talk that used by the third person ( mostly ) in the form of trying to help both parties stop the fight or arguement.

Mr A and Mr B wouldn't say..." we koi koi pood koi koi ja garn gor dai " if they get along well. If they don't get along, one may say..." Pood hai dee dee noi si (di) " or " Pood hai marn suay gua nee noi si (di) "

There is no such ' Jaa-gaan ' word... That is the mistaken punctuation, however, there is ' Jae-garn ' word which means a vase :D

I hope I didn't confuse you all because of my English :o If so please let me know.

Edited by baennaenae

koi koi pood koi koi ja = speak, talk that used by the third person ( mostly ) in the form of trying to help both parties stop the fight or arguement.

Mr A and Mr B wouldn't say..." we koi koi pood koi koi ja garn gor dai " if they get along well. If they don't get along, one may say..." Pood hai dee dee noi si (di) " or " Pood hai marn suay gua nee noi si (di) "

There is no such ' Jaa-gaan ' word... That is the mistaken punctuation, however, there is ' Jae-garn ' word which means a vase :D

I hope I didn't confuse you all because of my English :o If so please let me know.

I have never really thought about the connection before but I guess this comes from จา aswell.

เจรจา as to confer

ITR :D

I have never really thought about the connection before but I guess this comes from ?? aswell.

????? as to confer

ITR :D

:D