Tolls,

Spaniel

I have noticed a number of replies concerning tolls from the airport to Pattaya and viceversa. I have used this road many times and there are only two toll booths charging 30 Bhat each so a one way trip will be no more the 60 bhat in tolls. Why are some saying tolls to the airport are between 100-150 bhat?

And quite often has less traffic. Last weeK i left Bangkok while my firend left the new airport. It took him 2.5 hours to get to Pattaya, while it took me only 2 hours and my jounrey was futher.

I dont know the names of the motor ways, but heading from Bangkok the airport was on my left. The airport was on my friends right, The left motor way often has less traffic. Can anyone say which airport this is ?

I have noticed a number of replies concerning tolls from the airport to Pattaya and viceversa. I have used this road many times and there are only two toll booths charging 30 Bhat each so a one way trip will be no more the 60 bhat in tolls. Why are some saying tolls to the airport are between 100-150 bhat?

I just booked a Taxi-Meter to the airport and was told the tolls would be 60 baht.

I did Jomtien to new airport the other day, fare 1200 and certain I was told when booking that tolls were included.

The driver was trying to say something to me when we departed but I did not understand, on reflection I think he wanted money for tolls, he managed to get to the airport without using any toll-ways but it took 2 hours, luckily I allow plenty of time.

BB

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-11-24 02:23:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did Jomtien to new airport the other day, fare 1200 and certain I was told when booking that tolls were included.

The driver was trying to say something to me when we departed but I did not understand, on reflection I think he wanted money for tolls, he managed to get to the airport without using any toll-ways but it took 2 hours, luckily I allow plenty of time.

BB

If you don't know the way (tollway) you should not book a Car including Tollways. Allways pay by yourself. You paid 1200, anyway to much, 800 was it to the Dong Muang and it' still the same to the new Airport :o . Price went up a good 40 percent. :D , I think the way is much shorter. Hopefully you didn't gave him a Tip.

With the new Airport there where two fary tales everybody was telling for a year or more. First one, there will be double Amount of Tourists, buying everything, incl. Condo's and Houses like no tomorrow and the second one, of course Taxis will be cheaper and it will just be a short ride to the Airport. :D:D:D 2 hours :D I usually was faster at the old one.

They are charging same prices as they did before - meaning Don Muang.

Be careful, from Pattaya you were able to go to the "old" airport with a crappy taxi (probably drunk driver as well :o ) for 800, toll not included (approx. 150 Baht) and now they still charge you same price with same drunk driver with no clue of which way to go to the "new" AP....

Lovely, Isn't It?

:D--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-11-24 02:23:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

BB

If you don't know the way (tollway) you should not book a Car including Tollways. Allways pay by yourself. You paid 1200, anyway to much, 800 was it to the Dong Muang and it' still the same to the new Airport :o . Price went up a good 40 percent. :D , I think the way is much shorter. Hopefully you didn't gave him a Tip.

With the new Airport there where two fary tales everybody was telling for a year or more. First one, there will be double Amount of Tourists, buying everything, incl. Condo's and Houses like no tomorrow and the second one, of course Taxis will be cheaper and it will just be a short ride to the Airport. :D:D:D 2 hours :D I usually was faster at the old one.

Limo not Meter Taxi…

I know the difference, yes some of those taxis are nothing more than skips on wheels though so called limos a not much better still worth the extra 50%, though this one had the UV film peeling from the glass otherwise it was OK, smooth ride but the driver spoke no English.

Had a better on pick me up on arrival, waiting for me with a board with my name on, cost 1200B booked on the internet with http://www.bb-lets.com/taxi.html It was a better car and driver and the tolls are included and he used the toll way.

BB