International driving license for a Thai abroad

XGM

Can a Thai person who stays abroad, and has a Thai driving license, get an international driving license issued here without physically arriving to Thailand for the procedure? For example, using a power of attorney?

Local license can and will be received eventually but it is a long process.

International license is required in the country in question. This is supposed to be an interim solution.

My question is clear I think... I do appreciate the replies and your willingness to share knowledge and assist, however they do not answer the question.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:56 AM, XGM said:

Local license can and will be received eventually but it is a long process.

International license is required in the country in question. This is supposed to be an interim solution.

My question is clear I think... I do appreciate the replies and your willingness to share knowledge and assist, however they do not answer the question.

Your not being very helpful with your vague question. e.g. licence or permit !!, abroad where !!. etc.

If you have a full DL a 5 year Thai DL is a full DL then you get a International driving permit sometimes wrongly referred to as a International driving license in Thailand.

I would say a IDP would be have to be applied for in person because fraud abuse.

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/Intl driving permit issued in Thailand.pdf

Archived