Khon Kaen Bus Station Guest House / Hotel

freedomnow

Need to suddenly stay near Khon Kaen Bus Station tonight, so anyone got a recommendation for a clean guest house place around 500 Baht walking distance from the bus station ?

Is there a direct bus from the bus station that goes to the airport as well ?

If there is more than one major bus station I mean the one that you get into from Mukdahan.....

Thanks in advance.

To the best of my knowledge, buses from Mukdahan (Pink Bus ?) arrive at Baw-Khaw-Saw 1 in the centre of town. In any case, my answer is the same, as BKS 3 is located on the ring road, about 8 km from the town centre, with no accommodation nearby.

I recommend the Roma Hotel. Exit the bus station and walk half a block south to the main road (Highway 12) At the 7-11, use the pedestrian bridge to the other side. Descending from the bridge, turn left (east.) Walk 3 or 4 blocks. You will see a park with a statue in the middle, on the opposite side of the main road. When you are opposite the far corner of the park, turn right (south). Walk 3 or 4 blocks, passing another hotel (can't remember the name; it starts with "p".), and a Family Mart About 2 blocks past the Family Mart, the Roma is on your right. It is a 5 -10 min. walk from the bus station. Rooms go for about 500 - 600 baht/night. Acceptable restaurant with a few items of western food on the menu. 

On 26/08/2016 at 10:01 AM, allane said:

To the best of my knowledge, buses from Mukdahan (Pink Bus ?) arrive at Baw-Khaw-Saw 1 in the centre of town. In any case, my answer is the same, as BKS 3 is located on the ring road, about 8 km from the town centre, with no accommodation nearby.

I recommend the Roma Hotel. Exit the bus station and walk half a block south to the main road (Highway 12) At the 7-11, use the pedestrian bridge to the other side. Descending from the bridge, turn left (east.) Walk 3 or 4 blocks. You will see a park with a statue in the middle, on the opposite side of the main road. When you are opposite the far corner of the park, turn right (south). Walk 3 or 4 blocks, passing another hotel (can't remember the name; it starts with "p".), and a Family Mart About 2 blocks past the Family Mart, the Roma is on your right. It is a 5 -10 min. walk from the bus station. Rooms go for about 500 - 600 baht/night. Acceptable restaurant with a few items of western food on the menu. 

Sorry for quoting but when I try to add reply it does not let me sometimes.

OMG hotel very very close to bus station no more than 7 minute walk or 2 minute taxi. Problem with taxi is it is so close they may not want to take you. 500 thb is price. I booked with agoda  it's more than adequate fir the price.