What Has Happened to Kap Cheong (Surin Immigration} !!

Surin Immigration used to be Kap Cheong is now a Disaster Area, Last year got my Marriage Extension done in one and a half hours, not now, went last week took seven hours! Papers passed from Officer to Officer they all check page by page very slowly, on the Mobile go for a walk etc.

A bloody nightmare, five other couples all in the same Boat, finally they decided that the photo of us sitting on the bed was not good enough, needed to be in bed! What! this was after five hours. So off to find a resort, take photos of us in bed, many pics some of them we are stark naked, just to show them! Sick of the whole thing by then, many people angry which they were very aware of but changed nothing to their attitude. finally they they finished me at four O Clock, from nine am.  many others still being stuffed around.

Does anybody have the phone number for them as need to call to find out when they are coming to our house again! I need to go to Bangkok urgently next week.

I did not get angry at any time, I am not stupid! but many others were, in all my past contacts 90 days etc no problems at all all very polite and they know me anyway! been going for 4 Years now, but the Girl on the front desk has gone who used to compile the papers first. this may be the problem.

There is no logic to their attitude.  It depends on how they feel on any day and it is not confined to Surin.

My good friend had a horrible experience with them last year, this year sailed through!  

What they haye arrived at in your case ie. must be 'in bed' is just so illogical.  Do they not think it can be a scam if sitting on the bed or lying in the bed???  Derrrh

If you used an 'agent' for a hefty fee, I bet all would have gone well, and the time at the office would have been maybe 10 minutes.  This is what is reported at Chang Mai - a massive line with queuing in the wee-hours, then a long wait - or use an agent and immediate service.   We can only guess why this seems to be a preferred course of action at many offices.