PM Slams Vietnamese Abuse on Facebook

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen asked the Vietnamese government on Friday to educate its citizens after receiving a barrage of criticism over Cambodia’s stance on the South China Sea issue. He has been a frequent punching bag on Facebook for those critical of Cambodia’s efforts to stop Asean from getting involved in the dispute.

This time, Facebook users with the names “Nguyen Van Tai” and “Bao Lam” took issue with Mr. Hun Sen on his Facebook page, writing  insulting comments in Vietnamese regarding the South China Sea dispute. Mr. Hun Sen responded by writing that Cambodia and Laos were not involved in the territorial dispute.

“I hope the Vietnamese government will understand my response to this comment by educating their people not to bother me anymore. I’ve received many inappropriate and insulting comments by Vietnamese people targeting me and my Khmer people,” Mr. Hun Sen said. “Again, I want to reaffirm with you that I am not a Vietnamese puppet serving the benefits of Vietnam, and I’m also not the boss of Vietnam. I’m not asking Vietnam to serve Cambodian political interests either.”

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/29037/pm-slams-vietnamese-abuse-on-facebook/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 29/08

While I can understand Cambodia and Laos individually not seeing much national interest in the dispute, it certainly is rightfully an ASEAN issue.  So if this PM wants to oppose that, he should be prepared to take the heat from other ASEAN members who ARE feeling the pain from China's fat squatting.  Rather than oppose ASEAN involvement, perhaps Cambodia & Laos should just "abstain" from the conversation.  But having instead stuck his fingers in the pie, this PM must now naturally expect a negative reaction from those directly affected.

Don't like it?  Consider keeping your pie hole shut next time.

So how much aid does Cambodia get from China, anyway?