I Forget To Notify 90 Days At 401 Office

Hi,

I have 365 days extention visa for holding condos investment over 3MThb, I m in waiting for my second year extention. I re enter in the country the 9 january 2004 and I forget to go to notify after 90 days (my first time I forget). we are the 26 I think I have about 20 days late.

I am waiting the 8 May my second extention.

What should I do?

Going now and maybe have some problems for my extention?

Waiting the 8 May and go after my extention?

I m a little bit confusing, thanks for your kind advise

Hi,

I have 365 days extention visa for holding condos investment over 3MThb, I m in waiting for my second year extention. I re enter in the country the 9 january 2004 and I forget to go to notify after 90 days (my first time I forget). we are the 26 I think I have about 20 days late.

I am waiting the 8 May my second extention.

What should I do?

Going now and maybe have some problems for my extention?

Waiting the 8 May and go after my extention?

I m a little bit confusing, thanks for your kind advise

i guarantee you won't be able to wait until after may 8th as they will see that you were over 90 days in thailand when they review your extension. you will have to take care of this before any more extensions will be issued even if it is on may 8th. my opinion it will look better if you do it right away and before may 8th.

go to room 401 and tell them you need to report your address...they will then send you to the other building to pay the fine which will be 2000 baht. your passport will have a stamp showing the fine was paid and the date. then come back to room 401 and report your address, the receipt will be stapled to the last page in your passport. you are all set.

after you have taken care of reporting your address , go and politely ask if you can process your second extension alittle earlier than may 8th since you are there. if not, thank them and return on may 8th.

during the extension interview, if they even ask about not reporting from before, just apologize that you forgot and took care of it . they have seen this many times before and you shouldn't have a problem getting your extension.

anyone continuously over and over not reporting your address is disrespecting a immigration's rule and that will give an immigration officer a very easy reason to deny you, but forgetting once you will be ok.

Thank you very much for your advise. I went today to the 401 office. The officers treat me perfectly, insisting on my next date I need to come. I paid the 2.000 THB fine in the same office and keep the receipt. They stamp my passport that they fine me after my visa stamps :o . The ask me how many days I m late I said 20, the said me ok ok, not so long!

I hope this fine can modify the acceptation of the 1 year extention. I tell you if they renew or not.

Another thing, it's important to keep the receipt of the 90 days notification inside the passport with the TM 6 for control or/and present this one the next time you notify.

Thank you very much for your advise. I went today to the 401 office. The officers treat me perfectly, insisting on my next date I need to come. I paid the 2.000 THB fine in the same office and keep the receipt. They stamp my passport that they fine me after my visa stamps :o . The ask me how many days I m late I said 20, the said me ok ok, not so long!

I hope this fine can modify the acceptation of the 1 year extention. I tell you if they renew or not.

Another thing, it's important to keep the receipt of the 90 days notification inside the passport with the TM 6 for control or/and present this one the next time you notify.

You have fronted them of your own volition, and reported and settled the penalty. You'll be fine for the extension.