Davao City official murder and rape statistics

mike2011

Murder rate highest in Davao City – PNP

By Mike Frialde (The Philippine Star) | Updated April 2, 2016 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Davao City posted the highest murder rate from 2010 to 2015, data from the Philippine National Police (PNP) showed. 

The PNP recorded 1,032 murder cases in Davao City,  961 in Quezon City and 806 in Cebu City.

The least number of cases was recorded in Naga City at 45. 

The PNP recorded 6,010 cases in the cities with the highest murder rates. These are Quezon City, Manila, Cebu, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Baguio, Zamboanga, Iloilo, General Santos, Bacolod, Angeles, Makati, Iligan and Mandaue. 

Davao also ranked second among the cities with the highest rape incidents with 843 cases. Quezon City topped the list with 1,122 cases. 

PNP chief Director General Ricardo Marquez expressed doubts if Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte could keep his promise to stop crimes in the country within three to six months if he is elected president.

“Even in the most advanced countries with the best police equipment, drugs continue to be a problem. Crime will be a part of our lives…it is important for the police to know their job,” Marquez said.

He also warned police officers against serving as judges and executioners in dealing with criminals.

Funny about the Mike2011 isnt it?

My betyer half is too scared to raise these stats with her friends who are all brainwashed DU30 supporters.

She says she fears being singled out as anti-du30 and the possible repercussions that may follow.

The rape stats in the second table is interesting if you consider the two cities populations.

FB_IMG_1472402364939.jpg

FB_IMG_1472402336238.jpg

Quezon City Population

Being the largest city in the Metro Manila, Quezon City has an estimated population of 3,085,786 in 2014

Davao City is a highly urbanized city on Mindanao, Philippines. As of the 2015 census, it had a population of 1,632,991 people, 

Edited by tuky

Tuky, thanks for the better reference. Impressive, isn't it?

Highly urbanized is a Phils administrative term. In fact, Davao is one of the largest city  in the world by acreage. Having said that large parts of Davao are very rural or squatter quarters. Another problem is the decline of the old center which in part looks like abandoned US inner cities.

I mention this so that readers do not apply western or even Thai standards. Highly urbanized in a Phils context is something else and not what we would associate with it.

Yup, the statistics are shocking and, to make it worse, let's not fool ourselves they are likely to be under-counting.

Duterte is not the clean sheriff. He has created a mafia den like Corleone and was successful having seen enough journalists killed so that he can claim almost anything about his achievements without being hold accountable.

It is sad that many on the forum here buy into that tough but just guy image. Many dont realize that they would be on the receiving end of his policies if they would live in Davao. Not because they have DONE anything but because they do HAVE something.

Almost all my foreign friends keep a minimal cash balance in local banks (plural) and use business deals with their own companies abroad to keep profits low and foreign currency away. What does that tell us? These are no leftist good-doers but serious businessmen. They vote with their pockets.

The whole Davao is the safest city in the world thing is amazing.

I wont bother anymore showing people the Philippines National Police statistics, they dont believe it, they would rather believe the 800 or so respondents on Numbeo.com than their own national statistics. Numbeo.com confirms what du30 has insisted all along, Davao is a model of peace and order hehehehehe.

Mike2011 did you read the recent Time report called something like Dutertes war on drugs?

It actually shows that the crime and drugs problems here are not as bad as he is insisting. Australia, Uk, US and others have a much worse drug problem, violence is worse per capita in, I forget which countries but they are suprising, like Denmark or Sweden.

The article goes on the say this is typical behaviour of a despot, convince the populations that the country is going to hell in a handbasket and he is the only hope they have.

Lambs to the slaughter my friend.

The drug problem is visible and real but, imho, he exaggerates it since it serves his purpose.

Like Adolf Hitler, he uses an ill-define enemy and a declares an emergency which warrants the elimination of democratic structures and the rule of law.

Not much comment on the 25% cut in health expenses and the spiraling expenses of the president's office. He is taking from the poor and people will die because of lack of help which is now withheld. The money is spent on building an apparatus only answerable to him personally.

At the same time officials are pressured and threatened to resign in order to make place for his trusted agents. The cabinet is not that of a party but largely his entourage.

Looking only on drugs makes people miss the point - the undoing of the democratic order. For good reasons the Marcos clan is at his side.

I have been to Davao regularly in the past, now I avoid it. I know expats who closed their businesses and looked for other locations in the Phils. They were not much talking in detail but 'costs' had risen. This is a trend for the past 2-3 years.

I wonder who is the current mayor of Davao?

Hmm, interesting to know who the current vice mayor is also!!!

Phils constitution forbids political dynasties, so I am sure those two positions aren't filled by a Duterte right?

Right???

Oh, sorry my bad.