Relative attacks robber who pointed gun at four year old and threw her out of a car

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

The relative is the cop on the right? Who is throwing the punch?

Feel sorry for victims here....the punishment almost never fits the crime. The thieves will do a few months inside (if that), then back out on the street stealing again. It's a petty crime merry-go-round here. 

It think this may turn out to be  nice piece of irony and the relative will have been given the BP vest by the police to protect him from the shooters friends and relatives. Or more likely, just giving Thai justice a helping hand.

Good punch, well deserved for threatening kids and hitting the mother to steal a pick-up.

Possibly some posters have not noticed, whilst lifting the tinnies, but this is not Australia.

extremely unprofessional behavior by the cops. stupid parading of suspects before the press and allowing victims to attend is plain stupid. guy has not even been found guilty yet and therefore is still innocent. what if the family man had access to a firearm? we can not expect him to control his emotions, i probably would not either if this happened to me. the rest of us should control out emotions and handle things in a civilized manner. i love thailand but this sort of carry on is just plain ridiculous. the suspect should be suing the cops for lack of duty of care.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

extremely unprofessional behavior by the cops. stupid parading of suspects before the press and allowing victims to attend is plain stupid. guy has not even been found guilty yet and therefore is still innocent. what if the family man had access to a firearm? we can not expect him to control his emotions, i probably would not either if this happened to me. the rest of us should control out emotions and handle things in a civilized manner. i love thailand but this sort of carry on is just plain ridiculous. the suspect should be suing the cops for lack of duty of care.

'the suspect should be suing the cops for lack of duty of care'.........time to grow a pair fella :)

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

if the cops roughed up your family member while in custody for something they had done and took it to far and killed them you would not mind right? your logic here is flawed. cops are paid to protect us all. 

Have to disagree with you there........if one of my family members was roughed up in custody by police for attacking a woman and children while armed with a gun then they would deserve it.........

5 minutes ago, somchai jones said:

'the suspect should be suing the cops for lack of duty of care'.........time to grow a pair fella :)

time to understand how to get a control of you emotions and behave in a civilized manner. we have cops to protect us, all of us. we have a legal system to determine guilt and a jail system for punishing those found guilty.

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

time to understand how to get a control of you emotions and behave in a civilized manner. we have cops to protect us, all of us. we have a legal system to determine guilt and a jail system for punishing those found guilty.

I'm in control of my emotions but I believe that if someone attacks a woman and child with a gun they lose the right to be treated in a 'civilized' manner...........I'm all for a little roughing up. You have your view and I have mine and it's highly unlikely that we'll agree so we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm off to do some work now. Enjoy your day.

3 minutes ago, somchai jones said:

Have to disagree with you there........if one of my family members was roughed up in custody by police for attacking a woman and children while armed with a gun then they would deserve it.........

and if the cops took it to far? or it was a case of mistaken identity and it was not your brother that committed the crime? its not the cops job to dish out justice its their job to catch the crims and hand them on to be prosecuted. it is a good system as long as everyone one sticks to doing  their part of the system.  i dont want any member of my family or anyone else roughed up by the cops, no matter what they have done. 

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Yes I do understand what you mean but the problem is carrying a weapon for self defence isn't,   in some jurisdictions,  a defence to a charge of possessing an offensive weapon when you are not in any threat.   Perceived threats don't apply.

I'm not saying it's right just how it can be and I have no idea how Thai   '  make it up as you go  '   law applies.

The law isn't made up as you go. It's all nicely written down. The problem is those enforcing, applying and working with it make it up as they go to suit themselves, the circumstances and their mates. 

The laws on carrying a concealed knife in public are pretty clear; as is pepper spray and offensive weapons. Although of course you can buy tactical knives, along with extendable batons, pepper spray, fixed blades at markets, night markets, malls, outdoor shops and relatively cheaply to.

Remember the Thai lady and her farang husband who got into trouble when driving to the airport, had the car searched at a check point, large knife found which she said "she carried for self defense" - errrp- wrong answer. Carrying a knife in your car, was in this case, deemed carrying it in public. Tip - if you have a baseball bat in your car, make sure you have a ball too! 

a lot of people here would rather follow their emotions rather than follow due process. due process is in place to protect us all. i agree with someone who posted that these public parading of suspects and crime re enactments needs to stop. stupid and dangerous. someone else said this is not australia and they are right. we have the same legal systems here however. innocent until proven guilty. again this is to protect us all.

4 hours ago, SABloke said:

What's Mr. Miyagi doing there? :P

Mr. Miyagi's teacher is in the background as well.....

Actually this is pretty scary as I just bought a new truck, I will be much more careful at gas stations in the future.

Edited by AlQaholic

What a wonderful idea, bring back the death penalty.....NOT. Most civilized countries have removed the death penalty because it is inhumane and in many cases got it wrong, and it was mostly the poor and minorities who were executed, very rarely a wealthy white person who committed the same level of crime. Imagine how crazed you would feel sitting on death row awaiting execution knowing you are innocent. Not a scenario most of us would like to be placed in. And some posters on here would have people executed on their whim because in their opinion the crime is heinous enough to warrant it........thank God they are not in a position of power to implement their opinions.

Just now, Mansell said:

What a wonderful idea, bring back the death penalty.....NOT. Most civilized countries have removed the death penalty because it is inhumane and in many cases got it wrong, and it was mostly the poor and minorities who were executed, very rarely a wealthy white person who committed the same level of crime. Imagine how crazed you would feel sitting on death row awaiting execution knowing you are innocent. Not a scenario most of us would like to be placed in. And some posters on here would have people executed on their whim because in their opinion the crime is heinous enough to warrant it........thank God they are not in a position of power to implement their opinions.

One advantage of the death penalty is the scum are never back on

the streets to harm other innocent people!!

This is the easy life of a criminal rat low life of this country. This piece of trash I would like 5 minutes with. In Australia this dog won't leave jail alive. Prayut has been smoking his reform pipe makes me sick looking at him. No ever one attempt of immediate Judges Police overhaul. 

The family were lucky could have been worse. But your lucky was not my family. You be in a box already shinbone. 

Never leave the car with the engine running, if I leave my Mrs in the car she locks all the doors, better safe than sorry.

Got to admit that these people are scum, but it is a frequent occurrence unfortunately, I seriously hope that they get hefty sentences.

And for a previous poster, yes this was all over Thai media a few days ago. 

I look forward to the day that some of the 'hang em' high', 'rough justice' crowd are charged for something that they didn't do and are on the receiving end of some rough justice themselves... will they be so eager then?

There is a reason why this kind of mob justice is wrong, it is called due process and innocent until proven guilty... but I guess a lot of you just want to return us back to the dark ages... bravo!

22 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I look forward to the day that some of the 'hang em' high', 'rough justice' crowd are charged for something that they didn't do and are on the receiving end of some rough justice themselves... will they be so eager then?

There is a reason why this kind of mob justice is wrong, it is called due process and innocent until proven guilty... but I guess a lot of you just want to return us back to the dark ages... bravo!

Another member of the PC brigade defending criminals. He pointed a gun at children, then threw them out of a truck. Grt your priorities right, ducky.

24 minutes ago, teacherpaul said:

Another member of the PC brigade defending criminals. He pointed a gun at children, then threw them out of a truck. Grt your priorities right, ducky.

Yeah, cos saying that people should have a fair trial and then be punished when found guilty is the same as defending him, get a grip ducky :) 

And I bet you would be squealing like a stuffed pig if it was you being accused of something and a mob was waiting to kick the living c$#p out of you, but I guess you are just special...

What is the PC brigade? Do I get a uniform if I join? what a plonker

Edited by PremiumLane
added

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

One advantage of the death penalty is the scum are never back on

the streets to harm other innocent people!!

Yes and they immediately cease to be a burden to honest people. When your born you should be issued a Life License to become valid once your an adult. Once you build up 3 strikes against you your out here. 

7 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

Go and live in Australia then, seeing as you seem to care for criminals more than victims.

I don't care for criminals at all.  When was this guy convicted, found guilty of the offence?  You have lead executed the guy before the trial.  For your info I am a cop and find pleasure in removing scum from the streets but I don't convict and I know my boundaries and would never take a suspect out to an emotional lynch mob.  Call me civilised if you want but it isn't the job of the police to feed a suspect to the dogs.  If found guilty then he takes his chances in gaol.

It is always the same with these criminals. They sit there looking all sad, make a statement to say how sorry they are then offer up a wai. Then expect a 500 Thb fine and an on you way boy.

The Thais know this and at least in this case they was a family member who could up the justice a little bit.

13 hours ago, sahibji said:

we can not have that in a civilized society. the anger of the relative is understandable but to express it at a press conference is not warranted.

I dont think they allow them to have a private interview room in the prison to express such thoughts so where else did you expect them to air their views on the incident?