Jump to content

Greenbook????


Recommended Posts

I have been riding the wife's Click for years and never heard about a "green book" till I came on this forum re another matter. The bike has a number plate.

Please explain what it is and why I should have it. I have been stopped by the cops but never asked for it.

 

I did a google search, but it just made me confused.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Green book is  the document proving ownership of the bike   it will have  details of current owner, previous owners

the chassis and engine numbers  date of first registration   registration province and number  engine size, color of bike etc etc

The cover is green hence the name ( blue for cars )

if you haven't seen the green book who's been paying the yearly road tax and compulsory insurance ??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, johng said:

Green book is  the document proving ownership of the bike   it will have  details of current owner, previous owners

the chassis and engine numbers  date of first registration   registration province and number  engine size, color of bike etc etc

The cover is green hence the name ( blue for cars )

if you haven't seen the green book who's been paying the yearly road tax and compulsory insurance ??

 

My wife. It's her bike.

I guess she must have one then.

 

Thanks for your reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife. It's her bike.

I guess she must have one then.

 

Thanks for your reply.

look for it under that pile of discarded clothes in the corner of the bedroom where she keeps her dried up nail polish, the kids id cards, her mother's blue book and the 3 year old discount vouchers from 'Lotus'...

that's were i find most of my wife's important stuff ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

that's were i find most of my wife's important stuff

 

:lol:

My wife used to be like that too..still got the piles of junk in many different places

( thousands of items in one hundred places )

but she does at least keep (her) documents in one mostly orderly place now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johng said:

 

:lol:

My wife used to be like that too..still got the piles of junk in many different places

( thousands of items in one hundred places )

but she does at least keep (her) documents in one mostly orderly place now.

NOW!!!! mine, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

look for it under that pile of discarded clothes in the corner of the bedroom where she keeps her dried up nail polish, the kids id cards, her mother's blue book and the 3 year old discount vouchers from 'Lotus'...

that's were i find most of my wife's important stuff ;)

 

She needs to get organised.... my mate's wife uses buckets, and they are portable too! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bikes and cars although a long time ago once being stopped on my bike they only wanted to see my Thai DL.

But, there's always a but :lol: it is a requirement to have with you on/in vehicle,  copy of green book, if farangie copy of passport,  as well as your DL.

Carry other copies too of all sorts so they can't catch me out, last of the boy scouts me's. :cheesy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

The bike has a number plate.

And supposedly also a valid insurance/tax sticker?

The number plate alone does not ensure that is legally on the road.

 

We have a greenbook for a nearly 20yr old bike.

(the plate has recently been dumped)

They stopped paying tax/insurance about 10yr ago.

Absolutely common.

 

Greenbook is of course just expat slang.

It's a "vehicle registration book".

Same title in Thai both on motorbike and car registration books.

Just that the color for car is blue ("bluebook").

And don't mix that bluebook with the blue house registration book :P

 

An example from the net, "greenbook", tax/insurance sticker and receipt for tax/insurance from DLT.

10121064_5.jpg

 

Do not normally take the original book with you.

But it is recommended to take copies of the relevant pages with the vehicle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...