Regime moves to ease drug laws starting with meth, marijuana

snoop1130

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

well for medical purposes there are many benefits.

The leaps and bounds taken by the professional medical community in such a short period of time, is really exciting and there's more to come.  In particular, the advances with medical applications of CBD element extracted from marijuana, administered to patients in less harmful, non-smoked forms.  THC has its benefits, but medicos ain't thrilled with the side effects and unwilling proponents of smoking it - or anything for that matter.

IMO when purely recreational users jump on the medical benefits band wagon, usually between their non-medical related bong hits :lol:,  it's disingenuous, and diminishes the serious discussion.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm not some old dude hanging on to the Devil Weed propaganda.  LOL, quite the contrary, wink wink, but still, I separate the two camps.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know going hard or going soft does not seem to make much difference. meth is destroying parts of america. it is called 'P' in nz and is doing a lot of damage there as well especially in lower socioeconomic and maori communities. maoris make up only 10% of the population but full over half the prisons. have to wonder if there is not another if there is not some better way to deal with this problem.

Why would that happen?  Softer penalties means less risk for dealers which means more dealers which means lower prices which means less crime.  Unless of course you are assuming that a softer approach will encourage new users which there is nothing in the way of evidence to suggest and plenty to suggest that it will discourage new users as demonstrated in various countries.

You don't have to 'wonder' both Portugal and the Czech Republic have successfully decriminalised possession, but not dealing, for over a decade.
Nothing but good has come of it.
Its the pig headed string em up stupidity of the countries with the worst drug problems such as Indonesia, US, and PI. That make me wonder just who is really raking it in. Because even neo cons can't be that dumb - for that long. In the face of all evidence the WoD has been a costly abject global failure.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Weird, we had the article about medical marijuana in the last few days.  Then Scott's weed pole, and now this.  

Not weird at all. The world is waking up to the facts and trying a better way to deal with addiction, by TAKING CONTROL of the drugs, instead of handing control to global criminal networks.
Its just common sense. Finally!

5 hours ago, does said:

Alcohol is causing more death and destruction than all other drugs combined. The death toll in traffic alone is horrific.

They could consider selling sell drugs (produced under state/medical supervision) by prescrition only. There will be abuse but there is abuse in any system. 

It seems Thailand is among a growing list of countries to realize the "word on drugs" is lost.

Don't you mean the "war" on drugs?

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Great, there will be 30K new case of glaucoma 

diagnosed so all the post heads can get high,

drive like idiots, get in their little paranoid states

and cause more problems for the rest of us!

Anither stupid move...

Oh dear. Queen Victoria is back. Firstly she gets her facts wrong, then it's her spelling. Who's using the family brain cell today, dear?

42 minutes ago, dhream said:

When are you neo cons going to get it?
If you decrim everything, you GAIN control of it.
Prohibiting anything drives it right into the waiting arms of organised crime.
Even your police chiefs are increasingly telling you this.
Time to wake up and stop living in fear of things that simply aint gonna happen (society unraveling).

So gambling is next?

7 minutes ago, dhream said:

Not weird at all. The world is waking up to the facts and trying a better way to deal with addiction, by TAKING CONTROL of the drugs, instead of handing control to global criminal networks.
Its just common sense. Finally!

Weird in the sense I wouldn't of expected it from Thailand and moreover, the current government.  I'm a bit unsure about the inclusion of Yabba, but certainly agree with a shift from incarceration to treatment for those who' haven't committed a crime beyond possession/use.   

@grubster, The big DuPonts have made their case, the vested interests have to decide what cost they're willing to pay... is the destruction of American inner cities high enough?
That spteads eventually, to the picket fence suburbs, like cancer
And it has, that's what made 'Breaking Bad' enormously realistic, and popular television.
Back in reality, the world is waking up to the need to change course.
Prohibition doesn't work.
Decriminalisation means more control, not less.
Saying that a change of heart on drug prohibition would lead to criminal chaos has not been proven by the example of alcohol, a very dangerous highly addictive and anti social drug.
All other drugs combined would not be as bad as the alcohol problem, and yet the world gets by just fine.
Its all lies and fear. Not a jot of evidence to back up their wild claims of social chaos.
Show me a family ravaged by meth I'll show you ten ravaged by booze.
Where is the moral panic on beer? Its glamourised by football heroes!

6 minutes ago, dhream said:

Show me a family ravaged by meth I'll show you ten ravaged by booze.
Where is the moral panic on beer? Its glamourised by football heroes!

And your avatar isn't helping....

I'm off to the pub!

Weird in the sense I wouldn't of expected it from Thailand and moreover, the current government.  I'm a bit unsure about the inclusion of Yabba, but certainly agree with a shift from incarceration to treatment for those who' haven't committed a crime beyond possession/use.   

Exactly. Billions of us enjoy a drink, we may even get happily plastered. The law does not bother us so long as we don't break the laws of society whilst intoxicated.

Why drugs are viewed any differently is a mystery to me.

The ratio of addicts to alcoholics, in the case of most drugs is in fact significantly lower.

It gets disproportionate press to the damage it causes, like terrorism.

The current thinking of most global authorities is hopelessly behind the science of addiction.

The reality is that the majority of the worlds population could try most drugs many times without ever developing a dependency.

Nicotine is the worlds most addictive substance, period.

Yet smoking is mostly marginalised, and uptake falling, except in countries like China and Indonesia, how very ironic considering their firing squad stance on "drugs"!

The facts expose the lies. But the world has to re-educate a mostly indoctrinated population to actually reverse the damage propaganda has done. Another irony.

Drugs are far from harmless, but like alcohol, factual scientific education on dosage, and safe enjoyment (make no mistake drugs are consumed mainly for enjoyment!) will always be needed, but the answer is not prohibition. That's only made a social problem far worse by magnitudes that we can no longer effectively manage.

What are the medicinal uses of meth? What a weird way to do this... starting with meth.

Ya baa its not pure meth

Its meth with other things in it.

They got it wrong.

Meth vs Yaba

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4276

Medical

In the United States, methamphetamine hydrochloride, under the trade name Desoxyn, has been approved by the FDA for treating ADHD and obesity in both adults and children;[21][22] however, the FDA also indicates that the limited therapeutic usefulness of methamphetamine should be weighed against the inherent risks associated with its use.[21] Methamphetamine is sometimes prescribed off label for narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia.[23][24] In the United States, methamphetamine's levorotary form is available in some over-the-counter (OTC) nasal decongestant products.[note 3]

As methamphetamine is associated with a high potential for misuse, the drug is regulated under the Controlled Substances Act and is listed under schedule II in the United States.[21] Methamphetamine hydrochloride dispensed in the United States is required to include a boxed warning regarding its potential for recreational misuse and addiction liability.[21]

Wrong, means they can now find "legal" means to sell more.

Eventualy, weed will be grown in almost every home plot.
The only industrial application will be hemp and medicinal edibles (thc removed).
Just let the people relaxxx.
The majority will no more abuse dope than they do beer.
And as has been said forever, I'd rather meet a bunch of smiley stoners at a late night venue, than a pack of borderline angry drunks.
God knows this uptight world could use more mellow fellows.

Just now, dhream said:

Eventualy, weed will be grown in almost every home plot.
The only industrial application will be hemp and medicinal edibles (thc removed).
Just let the people relaxxx.
The majority will no more abuse dope than they do beer.
And as has been said forever, I'd rather meet a bunch of smiley stoners at a late night venue, than a pack of borderline angry drunks.
God knows this uptight world could use more mellow fellows.

Um, you seem to forget this is also about ya ba, and also "eventually" could be decades away.

Wrong, means they can now find "legal" means to sell more.

Like they do with booze?
Do tell!
The 'fantasy' of how you see a drug decriminalised world never ceases to entertain me.
In what way would it differ from alcohol sales?
You guys just can't 'see' past the old 'brainwash' scenario try as you might!

5 minutes ago, dhream said:

Like they do with booze?
Do tell!
The 'fantasy' of how you see a drug decriminalised world never ceases to entertain me.
In what way would it differ from alcohol sales?
You guys just can't 'see' past the old 'brainwash' scenario try as you might!

Sorry mate, I fail to understand what you are getting at, are you smoking something.

Anyway, read this, it's  interesting.

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html

Edited by Rorri

2 hours ago, mankondang said:

Re The number of deaths in the Philippines. Between 30th June and 26th  August this year, 1,900 deaths by shooting and leaving the body where it was shot, along with a note to say words to the effect, "This is what happens when you take drugs".

If your interested, go to the BBC website, and search:

"Phillipines drug war: Woman who kills dealers for a living".

Theres a video, approx 5 mins, that outlines this.

The killings I think you spot on as I researched it on CNBC and BBC but 600,000 arrested sounds very high to me as the official number currently stands at around 150,000.

The killings I think you spot on as I researched it on CNBC and BBC but 600,000 arrested sounds very high to me as the official number currently stands at around 150,000.

Even so 150,000 in jail, costing society money in lost manpower, in incarceration costs, Unable to find work as ex cons when they get out.
Then go deep into organised crime because, what else is there?
All because some rich guy doesn't want some other poor guys to put a chemical into their adult bodies, to escape their daily grinding miseries for a few hours.
Madness personified.

Sorry mate, I fail to understand what you are getting at, are you smoking something.

Anyway, read this, it's  interesting.

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html

Ha ha yes of course I must be high, because you 'fail to understand'.
I'm not your 'mate'. I usually spend time with people who can follow simple logic.
I can't make my question to you any simpler.
Maybe YOU should try a smoke, blow away the cobwebs of 'reefer madness' thinking.

Um, you seem to forget this is also about ya ba, and also "eventually" could be decades away.

Thats not whats happening in the USA with weed.
Thailand is in lockstep with the USA on drugs, defense, everything.
Meth is being put into section 2 to allow science to study it.
Are you able to mount a coherent argument based on science and legal precedent, or are you here to push last centuries drug propaganda at us?

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Great, there will be 30K new case of glaucoma 

diagnosed so all the post heads can get high,

drive like idiots, get in their little paranoid states

and cause more problems for the rest of us!

Anither stupid move...

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?