• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

You are joking, right? 

That is great comedy if you are kidding us but its absurd if you are serious. You find a prosecutor anywhere that would pursue charges for the following:

Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump proposed from a podium at his Doral Resort. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

Trump's statement is an unprecedented open communication to a foreign leader to interpose in favor of Trump against his opponent for the office of Potus.

That is a serious matter as we have seen reported, discussed, analysed nationally and globally.

Trump doesn't spend a lot of time plugged into the Republican Benghazi failed life-support machine in the U.S. House because foreign matters are even more alien to Trump than is the USA Constitution which he also knows nothing about.

So do try to keep up.

Because the ranking members of four House committees have asked the FBI to investigate whether officials from Donald Trump’s campaign had any role in recent cyberattacks on the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

The senior Democrats of four different House committees want to know whether "connections between Trump campaign officials and Russian interests may have contributed" to the cyberattacks.

As The Hill article notes:

"The five-page letter lists a number of press reports detailing an apparent relationship between Trump aides and Russia, including foreign policy adviser Carter Page’s reported dealings with Russian energy firm Gazprom and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s ties to a pro-Russian official in Ukraine."

Trump's affection for Russian President Vladimir Putin has been well established, along with myriad political and financial connections. He frequently praises Putin's leadership. And who can forgetTrump's explicit request for the Russians to hack into Hillary Clinton's email? That's a naked call for foreign adversaries to commit crimes against an American candidate for president.

In addition, Trump has articulated policies that are favorable to the Russians. Most notably his willingness to abandon the NATO Treaty and allow Putin to annex parts of Ukraine and the Balkans. What's more, Trump and his associates are deeply intertwined with Russian financiers who hold significant amounts of his debt. Time Magazine recently reported that: "...as major banks in America stopped lending him money following his many bankruptcies, the Trump organization was forced to seek financing from non-traditional institutions. Several had direct ties to Russian financial interests in ways that have raised eyebrows."

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/293868-top-dems-push-fbi-to-investigate-trump-campaign-role-in-dnc-hack

Lock him up. 

3 hours ago, Publicus said:

Given you have read my post, kindly visit here: http://www.readingrockets.org/article/using-think-alouds-improve-reading-comprehension

Many thx.

Haha! That's for young readers. Are there any sites for old white readers? 

The poor wingnuts can't except that Trump and the Republican party is a flaming locomotive off a cliff. They think they have the HRC gotchas to actually win this election! :cheesy:

It's going to be the biggest margin of victory in couple of generations. Stick a fork in Trump. No one cares about Benghazi emails. It's over. Turn out the lights.

On August 31, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Boon Mee said:

Well, it's dribbling out bit by bit with Julian Assage releasing damaging information on Crooked Hillery.

Whether or not the sheep that vote for her acknowledge her crimes is the question.

Assange, I am sure will be planning the release of the most crippling info on Clinton if he (wikileaks) has it. I seem to remember that Clinton was one of the most vocal about how she wanted him back in the USA to stand trial. If he can bring her down he will, I am sure he has been planning it every day for the last 3 years or so (how long now?) he has been in the embassy in London. If I were Trump I would offer him Amnesty to bring her down.  The show has not even heated up yet. The first debate will have block buster viewing figures.

I am not a fan of Trump either, but I consider Hillary a criminal who keeps getting away with things that a less powerful person would be charged and convicted for - i.e. she is completely corrupt. IMO, there is slight chance that Trump might actually be pretty good at governing the country.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am not a fan of Trump either, but I consider Hillary a criminal who keeps getting away with things that a less powerful person would be charged and convicted for - i.e. she is completely corrupt. IMO, there is slight chance that Trump might actually be pretty good at governing the country.

Cool but on the last line that is where we beg to differ. The best thing that could happen to the USA for the next 4 years is that people wake up and elect Johnson / Weld. After 4 years I think they would be re-elected but if not HRC and Trump would be long out the picture.

6 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Assange, I am sure will be planning the release of the most crippling info on Clinton if he (wikileaks) has it. I seem to remember that Clinton was one of the most vocal about how she wanted him back in the USA to stand trial. If he can bring her down he will, I am sure he has been planning it every day for the last 3 years or so (how long now?) he has been in the embassy in London. If I were Trump I would offer him Amnesty to bring her down.  The show has not even heated up yet. The first debate will have block buster viewing figures.

That would do Trump's poll ratings a power of good, offering sanctuary to protect Assange from rape charges. That should improve the already lamentable women's vote. Go for it.

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Seen the latest?

13 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

That would do Trump's poll ratings a power of good, offering sanctuary to protect Assange from rape charges. That should improve the already lamentable women's vote. Go for it.

The rape charges looked trumped up to me but I agree that Trump needs to steer clear of the Assange-Hillary battle. 

Assange is not well liked in the US by many conservatives. Assange serves his own agenda and is not a friend of the US and no one should trust him. It will come back to bite them--assange is best kept at a distance.

Edited by ClutchClark

7 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I don't remember Hillary wanted to bring Assange 'back' to the US.   He's Australian, you know.  And, as for Trump, he flies off to meet with foreign leaders before he's even been elected, and now it's suggested that he have the power to give some one an amnesty who isn't even a citizen of the US.   

36 minutes ago, Credo said:

I don't remember Hillary wanted to bring Assange 'back' to the US.   He's Australian, you know.  And, as for Trump, he flies off to meet with foreign leaders before he's even been elected, and now it's suggested that he have the power to give some one an amnesty who isn't even a citizen of the US.   

Isn't it the US who put the "Wanted--Dead or alive" poster up for Assange across the globe?

Possibly, the suggestion was less one of amnesty and more one of calling the dogs off?

11 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Isn't it the US who put the "Wanted--Dead or alive" poster up for Assange across the globe?

Possibly, the suggestion was less one of amnesty and more one of calling the dogs off?

We getting seriously off-topic, but Assange is not wanted in the US.   There is only conspiracy theory crap that he is.   So, it would be rather hard to give him amnesty for a something that he may or may not be guilty of in Sweden.   

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

This is how a Mob boss testifies... How is "I don't recall" a defense for a Presidential candidate?

CrX1FbQWEAAh9qk.jpg

Interestingly, Ronald Reagan used this same defense in the Iran-Contra Scandal.

He was diagnosed with Alzheimers a short while later.

Hillary's inability to recall so many circumstances surrounding her actions could very well be early signs of an illness that would make her unable to perform the job of President.