80 Year Old British Driver Crashes into Lighthouse Chef

webfact

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:33 AM, craigt3365 said:

Just like the scooters do...sadly...

Edit: I drive that part of Suk all the time.  The scooters go flying past you even if you've got your signal on and are changing lanes.  To impatient to slow down and go on the left side.  Happened to me today.  No helmet, no turn indicators, just overtook on my right as I was moving into the right lane.  Close call....

Yes but you are only supposed to change lanes when it is clear and safe to do so. Not expect scooters to apply

the brakes and swerve to avoid you because only they will be hurt. It is the person changing lanes who should

show patience and wait for a safe opportunity to change lanes not force there way in because the scooter

riders will pay the higher cost of an accident.

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

Yes but you are only supposed to change lanes when it is clear and safe to do so. Not expect scooters to apply

the brakes and swerve to avoid you because only they will be hurt. It is the person changing lanes who should

show patience and wait for a safe opportunity to change lanes not force there way in because the scooter

riders will pay the higher cost of an accident.

Agreed.  But when scooters pass with no indicators and try to overtake on the right when there is no room, what are you suppose to do?  Swerve back to the left and hit that other scooter illegally moving by on the center line?  The roads here are tough to navigate with scooters all around! LOL

Legally, they should use signals to indicate they are going to pass on the right.  I rarely see that happen.

From the picture it looks like the old man should have paid more attention to the passing traffic. Thai riders expect cars to move slowly out so they can react in time , I only drive a car here and learned that lesson after a few days on the roads .   It would be interesting to know if this old gentleman recently arrived to Thailand or if he's been driving on Thai roads for years. Or maybe just too old to drive , who knows. 

On 01/09/2016 at 9:26 AM, joepattaya1961 said:

By the looks of it, the bike crashed into the 80 yo farang, but of course it wouldn't have happened if the farang would have paid just a bit more attention. 

Thai traffic (written or un-written) is pretty easy: If someone crashes into another, they're at fault. That's the reason, that most drivers croach bit by bit into other lanes. It gives the other road-users the chance to respond accordingly, meaning: throw out anchors or swerve around the obstacle. 

The farang in this case didn't really "croach"; he threw his vehicle from the utmost left to the utmost right and why? The next U-turn is pretty far away. 

Croach?  What the hell is croaching?

7 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Croach?  What the hell is croaching?

In proper English it's bringing the body in a downwards position by bending the knees.

In Thai-English ""croaching" is used to explain that something or someone is slowly moving to another position or slowly takes position in an area that doesn't belong to them or where they shouldn't be. 

Maybe it's better to use "crawling"instead.

I am bias here.. as a bike (and car rider) i feel that more cars have total disrespect for bikes then the other way around. On my bike i always have to be real careful with cars just pushing you off the road (more so on my scooter than on my big bike). When I drive the car i look a lot before i move making sure its all clear. It can be annoying where there are many scooters but that is just it.. with a car you should be more careful as the potential to kill someone is far larger.

I just accept that using the car means a far slower trip than on the bike. 

Hard to say who is at fault here.. one should look before changing lanes and as a bike rider you should be on your guard for cars doing stupid things. 

On 31.08.2016 at 6:09 PM, onemorechang said:

i would blame the Thai guy.

as there are no good  Thai ,  Riders / drivers in Pattaya.

They all do stupid stuff,   if not today, they would have done it yesterday.

Reckon the Thai rider just swooped across the lane as he missed his turning and

this has happened.

But the falang will get the blame as usual, 

so it dont matter,  who did what. :thumbsup:

i do not know who is falang.

But old  British   .. wrong so must be punished.

if cant drive.. so no need drive.. 

PS my  few friends had accident in Thailand  and in final Thai or they insurance pay..

But may be because my friends notWe do not violate traffic rules and respect for other drivers?Or may be because not falang, and only foreigners?  :whistling:

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am bias here.. as a bike (and car rider) i feel that more cars have total disrespect for bikes then the other way around. On my bike i always have to be real careful with cars just pushing you off the road (more so on my scooter than on my big bike). When I drive the car i look a lot before i move making sure its all clear. It can be annoying where there are many scooters but that is just it.. with a car you should be more careful as the potential to kill someone is far larger.

I just accept that using the car means a far slower trip than on the bike. 

Hard to say who is at fault here.. one should look before changing lanes and as a bike rider you should be on your guard for cars doing stupid things. 

I Agree with you 99%

In Thailand rider bigbike almost respective for another riders and drivers

Only few time   see dump riders, but its every time be foreigners.

And its fault 100% pick up  change line must give first go any vehicle

22 hours ago, ardokano said:

i do not know who is falang.

But old  British   .. wrong so must be punished.

if cant drive.. so no need drive.. 

PS my  few friends had accident in Thailand  and in final Thai or they insurance pay..

But may be because my friends notWe do not violate traffic rules and respect for other drivers?Or may be because not falang, and only foreigners?  :whistling:

Sorry Farang not Falang.   my bad

Sorry i not understand the rest of your post,

On 05.09.2016 at 10:09 AM, onemorechang said:

Sorry Farang not Falang.   my bad

Sorry i not understand the rest of your post,

Excuse me

what language do you speak?
  Not found in the dictionary of the English language the word "farang" and "falang":whistling::D

as there are no good  Thai ,  Riders / drivers in Pattaya. (c)

This is not Thai..

Thai like a normal person give way to vehicles move at a faster speed, but for some reason decided that a foreigner can be on a motorbike in the far right lane to move slowly.

So why you  think "as there are no good  Thai ,  Riders / drivers in Pattaya."?

foreigners a lot, especially in Pattaya- "no good   , Riders / drivers":D

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

Excuse me

what language do you speak?
  Not found in the dictionary of the English language the word "farang" and "falang":whistling::D

as there are no good  Thai ,  Riders / drivers in Pattaya. (c)

This is not Thai..

Thai like a normal person give way to vehicles move at a faster speed, but for some reason decided that a foreigner can be on a motorbike in the far right lane to move slowly.

So why you  think "as there are no good  Thai ,  Riders / drivers in Pattaya."?

foreigners a lot, especially in Pattaya- "no good   , Riders / drivers":D

If you wish to play the  u-tube game,   im afrade

there is to wide a choice of death and destruction  by  Thai drivers and riders to chose from,     a  truly awful catalog of  murderous behavior on the roads.

BTW if you dont understand Farang or Falang,  then we dont need

to talk anymore.

Have a nice day. :coffee1:

19 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

If you wish to play the  u-tube game,   im afrade

there is to wide a choice of death and destruction  by  Thai drivers and riders to chose from,     a  truly awful catalog of  murderous behavior on the roads.

BTW if you dont understand Farang or Falang,  then we dont need

to talk anymore.

Have a nice day. :coffee1:

i am not play, just show what i can see on Thai road..

Not all Thai bed driver/rider..

and sure foreigners a lot, especially in Pattaya- "no good   , Riders / drivers

and in topic old guys wrong as can see..

"Farang" or " falang" no words in English

In Thai it whit skin guys..

is it what you say?

Have a nice day.

You too:)