Elf rock restored after its removal wreaks havoc on Icelandic town

Maestro

Elf rock restored after its removal wreaks havoc on Icelandic town

Tue 30 Aug 2016 | 12.30 GMT

A rock in Siglufjörður, Iceland, reputed to be the home of elves, was covered in metres of soil last year by roadworkers. A series of mishaps later, allegedly caused by the elves, the rock has now been dug up and restored. 

It was last August when a mud slide fell on a road in Siglufjörður, North Iceland due to heavy rainfall. Roadworkers at Báss hf. had the task of clearing the road, covered by 10 - 12.000 cubic metres of soil and unwittingly, dumped it on top of a rock known locally to be inhabited by elves. It's local name is Álfkonusteinn or Elfin lady stone. 

Speaking to Morgunblaðið in today's edition, Sveinn Zóphóníasson, one of the owners of Báss hf explains the events that occurred last August. 

Read more: http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2016/08/30/elf_rock_restored_after_its_removal_wreaks_havoc_on/

-- Iceland Montitor 2016-08-30

3 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Between Iceland and Ireland, do we really need any more fairies? They're never going to top Thailand's floating entrail ghosts.

:)

That's the spirit!!

I haven't a clue what you are on about though.

Edited by lucky11

I do have a very serious questions for those you who are experts in this field....well, actually, I have two questions, one you may not be able to answer, depending on your area of expertise.  

Just how many elves can live in a rock?   And, how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?  

1 minute ago, Scott said:

I do have a very serious questions for those you who are experts in this field....well, actually, I have two questions, one you may not be able to answer, depending on your area of expertise.  

Just how many elves can live in a rock?   And, how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?  

7 + 3 respectively - surprised you didn't know this!!

l once photographed a group of Troll statues under a  pedestrian bridge in Norway.

A touristy thing.

When the pictures were developed, there was the underside of the bridge & the small stream, but not a Troll in sight.

Laugh all you like, l only report what happened.

Have to keep an open mind on these things.

I am sure some of those trolls quickly disappeared and are inhabiting various internet sites.   Trolls are very busy these days.   Now Elves, I am not sure about.   I suspect many of them are just living off all the 'freebies' offered by the Icelandic government.  

21 minutes ago, soc said:

l once photographed a group of Troll statues under a  pedestrian bridge in Norway.

A touristy thing.

When the pictures were developed, there was the underside of the bridge & the small stream, but not a Troll in sight.

Laugh all you like, l only report what happened.

Have to keep an open mind on these things.

I think they moved to Seattle...

Fremont Troll Seattle.jpg

That's one troll from Seattle.   I'd have to check the IP addresses to see where the other trolls are.  

I think we have to be careful to stay on the topic of elves, though.   Talking about trolls here might be considered trolling.  

(I must admit when I saw the picture, it sure looked a lot like a great uncle of mine though)