Chief of Defense Forces chairs final armed forces meeting before retirement

webfact

Chief of Defense Forces chairs final armed forces meeting before retirement

BANGKOK, 2 September 2016 (NNT) – The Chief of the Defense Forces has joined in a meeting of military commanders on enacting government policy and national peace and order. 

At the sixth annual meeting of the commanders of the armed forces, the last gathering before Chief of the Defense Force Gen Sommai Kaotira retires, all military commanders were present, including; Army Commander Gen Theerachai Nakwanich, Naval Commander Adm Na Areenij, Air Force Commander ACM Treetos Sonchaeng and Police Commissioner Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda. 

The agenda of the meeting focused on the enacting of government and National Council for Peace and Order policies and adherence to the national roadmap for development set by the Prime Minister.

The gathering also touched on relations with neighboring nations, natural disaster response and modernization of the armed forces in response to new threats. Gen Sommai used the meeting to delineate duties for his successor. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-02

2 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

So you're saying if I hadn't pissed away the equivalent of his monthly salary, and made some astute investments, I could've been worth nearly $4.5 million?? :(

Well so we are led to believe.

Didn't someone on here mention recently that they had been told that as a General he wouldn't have had to pay rent or a mortgage throughout his career,  maybe that helped. ..

:D

Mind you, I do wish they would be as diligent in paying their blokes. My stepson is a conscript and his pay seems rather erratic.