Advice re non-imm b please

Hi,

I am an american national.

For the past 4 years I've had a multiple-entry non-imm B visa. I have gotten a new one each year at US and Asian consulates. I am a self-employed freelance teacher and consultant; I do not work for any single company full-time, but for several, each on a temporary basis. Sometimes my jobs are from Thai companies; sometimes from foreign companies but the work is done in Thailand; sometimes I only use Thailand as a base for jobs in neighboring countries.

The multiple-entry B allows me legitimacy on those occasions when I am doing jobs in Thailand, and also frees me from the hassles of renewing short-term visas.

To get the visa, each time I have presented a letter from one of the companies that gives me short-term jobs. The letter explains what I would do for the company and says the company will financially guarantee me.

I need to get another such visa soon and am worried about whether it will be granted. I have been asked once why I did not apply for a work permit, and replied that there was no full-time work from that company. I gather they may now be even more reluctant to grant me so many non-imm Bs in a row (and some postings in this forum indicate this).

Everything I am doing is legit and above-board, but I wonder if I am following the best or proper procedures here for my situation.

Should I just go ahead and apply again? If I'm turned down, I worry that then I'd have to work on a tourist visa. Should I wait a few months before re-applying? - But then in the meantime I'd have to do some work on a tourist visa.

I'd appreciate hearing from any of the forum visa experts or people in a similar situation as mine.

Thank you, David

• 2 weeks later...

What you are doing is illegal work. Technically you could apply for another multiple entry visa. You have to apply at a visa freindly Thai consulate then.

You should seriously set up you own company with work permit in Thailand, in order to get legal.

Look at "Incorporation" at the thaivisa.com web site.