taxexile

congratulations to posters and mods for reaching the magic million at last.

who would have thought all those years ago when the good ship tv first set sail that the leaky old rustbucket with its beer swilling crew could be piloted with such skill and accuracy that 4 years later it would have become the worlds largest expat blathering board attracting posters and sponsors from all stratas of humanity.

international megaweights , the subway sandwich franchise even chose thaivisa to promote their foot longs and six inchers. seasick anybody ?

it has had to endure stormy waters , one of the mods was deported in chains from thailand for various pecker related crimes , the ship was attacked viciously and without warning by a craft supposedly made out of teak , and several passengers aboard have had to be ceremoniously cast overboard due to their unruly and mutinous behaviour.

but on she sailed.

heres to another million posts on thaivisa.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you put your mouse over the report button at the bottom of each post it gives the latest post count i believe. (its the second number)

its gone past a million now , this post is numbered 1000015.

we need a judge , wheres the linesman when you need him ?

Edited by taxexile

if you put your mouse over the report button at the bottom of each post it gives the latest post count i believe. (its the second number)

Is there any way of working out who posted the magic million post?

Who posted the big boy ....?

I think it was Tropo...

tropo

post Today, 2006-11-24 10:02:09

Post #48

Group: Members

Member No.: 34,982

QUOTE(Galong @ 2006-11-24 09:08:34) *

The tsunami year didn't affect my business, nor did the coup. Maybe I'm just lucky. jap.gif

You probably weren't running a business in Phuket then? Without knowing the exact nature of your business it's impossible to say whether it's luck, good management, or just being in the right place at the right time.

In every economic downturn, in every depression and even in war there are always plenty of people who thrive.

with this thread..:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...92261&st=45

Bravo! :o

Alas we are mistaken...

The number your talking about is the Internal Database ID, and probably wasn't seeded at number 1 (or possibly test posts made when the board was being set up, that have since been deleted).

The actual number is available here

http://www.big-boards.com/board/1574/

So looks like we have a few days to go to hit the magic number...

Solly to be the bearer of bad news :o

Alas we are mistaken...

The number your talking about is the Internal Database ID, and probably wasn't seeded at number 1 (or possibly test posts made when the board was being set up, that have since been deleted).

What does the lucky 1,000,000th poster win? A romantic dinner with the mod of their choice?

What does the lucky 1,000,000th poster win? A romantic dinner with the mod of their choice?

They get the pleasure of buying me dinner, getting me drunk and listening to me waffle on about pointless, meaningless drivvel (much like your post history Dan :o)

Alas we are mistaken...

Ooops.. Sorry Tropo.. oh well, gives us all a chance of posting the magic million.. :D

They get the pleasure of buying me dinner, getting me drunk and listening to me waffle on about pointless, meaningless drivvel (much like your post history Dan :o)

My 1600 one-liners contain almost no waffle, and almost no content!

As "stockholders" in this "company", it would seem that rather than award a prize simply for the millionth post (who can very well end up being a newbie asking for directions to the best farang meal in Mukdahan), that the reasonable thing to do would be to pay a dividend to the aforementioned stockholders, say 1 baht per post? It is the stockholders who have built up this site and it's reasonable to receive just compensation, is it not?

As "stockholders" in this "company", it would seem that rather than award a prize simply for the millionth post (who can very well end up being a newbie asking for directions to the best farang meal in Mukdahan), that the reasonable thing to do would be to pay a dividend to the aforementioned stockholders, say 1 baht per post? It is the stockholders who have built up this site and it's reasonable to receive just compensation, is it not?

I gracefully donate my aforementioned dividends to a piss-up in March. :o

I gracefully donate my aforementioned dividends to a piss-up in March. :D

How about donating it to the pissup next month?...we'll make it up to you in March.

I swear!!! :o:D:D

we need a judge , wheres the linesman when you need him ?

tryed that report button gig and it did'nt work for me. :o

why is yours different. ?