Who told her opening a coffee shop was a good idea?

JJGreen

7 hours ago, bazza40 said:

Most falangs here in a relationship with a Thai give them a monthly allowance. Sometimes, it gets distributed out to other members of the family who are unable to work.

I don't suppose you are familiar with the expression "control freak".

But nobody anywhere else in South-East Asia gives or is asked to give their wives/girlfriends such an allowance,why is that?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Gold credit card was husband's idea, the rest was via the divorce magistrate, I was given 100% custody, but I gave them over to him for more cash and moved abroad. This probably makes me a bad person, but I don't really care about the kids, they were just a divorce negotiating ploy to get the house, I'd rather have cash.

Coldest statement I think I've ever read from a woman!

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Why won't it work?  The ladies in our office take up orders for coffees once or twice a day.  They call the order in and send one or 2 ladies down to pick up 8-10 coffees at 40 baht or so.  Same thing at our warehouse in South Thailand.  There's a couple of shops in the boondocks that our people and others like them keep in business.

So the place looks desolate 90% of the time, but all they need to do is get 3-4 offices like ours and they have a going business.

I'd never judge a business unless I've seen at least a full business day, and better to see a week.  But who's got the time to sit outside to see how much they put out the door in spurts?  

A coffee shop with a small kitchen is also a good base to prep food for other family members who operate carts in high traffic areas.  I suspect that's why some coffee shops don't open until after the morning rush.  They load up a cart, make hay where the sun's shining and caffeine addicted workers are passing by, then retire to their coffee shop to sell some more coffee and get the cart ready for tomorrow's rush.  Throw in some cookies and cakes, and it's a genuine business.

Your get off the  subject no one said coffee shop don't work did they , it was about why some many of them and lots don't work.

5 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Your get off the  subject no one said coffee shop don't work did they , it was about why some many of them and lots don't work.

Yup.  My bad.  Reading again, I can see where I misinterpreted your meaning.

It's not just Thailand the UK is the same,many a time previously on 'The Weakest Link' I've seen Ann Robinson grilling a contestant that labelled himself a 'Company Director',specifically with the line "So you own a coffee shop then?" and that wry smile on her face as Mr CEO turns beetroot red! :lol:

1 hour ago, bazza40 said:

Phayao is 150 km from Chiang Mai. Unless MissAndry is more peripatetic than I think, I don't consider she can help you.

Haven't particularly noted coffee shops in the Phayao area. If it's any help, there is an aircon restaurant on the lakefront that does a very good garlic fish.

MissAndry seems to travel a bit and looks like she likes coffee so was worth asking :)

11 minutes ago, slipperylobster said:

Not true.

Try visiting the Philippines.

I've been there, no coffee shops, we should ship some Thai ladies over to start a few.

Filipino English teachers in Thailand, Thai coffee shop ladies in the Philippines.

A new business idea for ASEAN!

Edited by MissAndry
punctuation

12 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Can I just ask you this why would you give your wife a monthly allowance, I for one can't understand why western man give wife , partner, girlfriend a monthly allowance.

i have never ever give my other half money to be with me , not understand it , is it just a thing here in thailand?.

Ok back home if you have a wife or partner 

you give them money to do the weekly shopping I understand that , but here I have heard of this monthly allowance Bulls??? , my thai partner put it to me when I first meet her and my reply was I don't pay someone to be with me , if your not happy see you later.

i take good care of her yes , but I will not pay someone a monthly allowance.

Self deleted. 

Edited by lostinisaan

13 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Can I just ask you this why would you give your wife a monthly allowance, I for one can't understand why western man give wife , partner, girlfriend a monthly allowance.

i have never ever give my other half money to be with me , not understand it , is it just a thing here in thailand?.

Ok back home if you have a wife or partner 

you give them money to do the weekly shopping I understand that , but here I have heard of this monthly allowance Bulls??? , my thai partner put it to me when I first meet her and my reply was I don't pay someone to be with me , if your not happy see you later.

i take good care of her yes , but I will not pay someone a monthly allowance.

Usually the kind of man that posts this either is very insecure or has no money to give.

When you get married, no matter what country your wife is from, there should be a mentality of love, sharing, respect

My wife has a pocket full of American Express Platinum, American Express Blue, Citibank Diamond Card, BOA Platinum Travel, and more

If I could not trust her, I would have never gotten married

Just because your wife is Thai does not mean you cannot have a normal relationship if respect goes both ways

I hate grocery shopping. My wife has her own car and does this with the kid

More than glad to give her everything I have and more

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Usually the kind of man that posts this either is very insecure or has no money to give.

When you get married, no matter what country your wife is from, there should be a mentality of love, sharing, respect

My wife has a pocket full of American Express Platinum, American Express Blue, Citibank Diamond Card, BOA Platinum Travel, and more

If I could not trust her, I would have never gotten married

Just because your wife is Thai does not mean you cannot have a normal relationship if respect goes both ways

I hate grocery shopping. My wife has her own car and does this with the kid

More than glad to give her everything I have and more

Ok good on you up to you but not for  me and you have no idea if I have money or not just not do that stuff.

insecure are you joking me , not this man .

i can go and do the shopping by my self .

5 hours ago, MissAndry said:

A nice young Thai couple near me have just done it, built their own shop and accommodation on family land themselves. All the fittings made out of recycled scraps of Teak wood. If the shop doesn't work, they still have a nice house to live in. Really nicely fitted out, I'd be more than happy to live there.

BanPong Coffee

https://www.facebook.com/banpongcoffee/?fref=ts

Please be careful you entrepreneurs out there when dreaming up your business name in Thai (which seems invariably to comprise words starting with B or P.) Throughout the years, it has developped into an compulsive habit of mine to enter my local shopping mall by the 2nd floor back entrance where there is a small but always busy hair salon. Its nameplate above the front door, says "Welcome to Pee and Poo Hair Place."  

Quite often my eyes play tricks on me and I read  "...at My Place" instead of "Hair Place."

3 minutes ago, smo said:

Please be careful you entrepreneurs out there when dreaming up your business name in Thai (which seems invariably to comprise words starting with B or P.) Throughout the years, it has developped into an compulsive habit of mine to enter my local shopping mall by the 2nd floor back entrance where there is a small but always busy hair salon. Its nameplate above the front door, says "Welcome to Pee and Poo Hair Place."  

Quite often my eyes play tricks on me and I read  "...at My Place" instead of "Hair Place."

Is that why you always pee and poo in your pants? i feel very sorry for you, but there's help out there. 

On 9/4/2016 at 4:33 PM, lostinisaan said:

Did you accidentally answer to another post on the wrong page? Live and park your gf? Guess you meant leave and park, but even then it makes no sense. Sorry, I might haven't read that it's about bar girls here.

You're paying for your gf's friends' hair jobs? And what about the horny foreigners with more money?  A joke? 

Coffee shops pop up almost everywhere in our city and not to many people sit inside.

I've tried a coffee once, served in a plastic cup inside the shop. 

Edited to add:

It's the same with so many other shops here. One starts a business and it runs well. Then you can see a similar shop not far away and within a few months they're all over the city.

They don't seem to recognize that they destroy each other's business by doing so. 

well i think it is a fine place to park your g/f .  oh and you are the only one talk bar girls ....scheeeeze  what a putz

Bwpage3 said

My wife has a pocket full of American Express Platinum, American Express Blue, Citibank Diamond Card, BOA Platinum Travel, 

So this could be taken  ways you are secure or you feel you need to secure her by giving all these. Or as your username suggests eye candy

Edited by Deepinthailand

20 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Gold credit card was husband's idea, the rest was via the divorce magistrate, I was given 100% custody, but I gave them over to him for more cash and moved abroad. This probably makes me a bad person, but I don't really care about the kids, they were just a divorce negotiating ploy to get the house, I'd rather have cash.

And of course, a few suckers on the forum will believe this tosh :rolleyes:.....

1 hour ago, MyFrenU said:

Not the only Walter Mitty on this forum though I can name another one right now,maybe arrange a date with them,go biking down the sois or something?

That was the first post that was entirely ridiculous.

But of course a few posters believed it as they need to believe this about Western women.

MissAndry made the most of it as he finds it funny......

Edited by dick dasterdly

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That was the first post that was entirely ridiculous.

But of course a few posters believed it as they need to believe this about Western women.

MissAndry made the most of it as he finds it funny......

I don't think that you quite understand what 'Misandry' means,do you?