How many days between 30 day touristvisas

Most of us know that back to back touristvisas dont work anymore.If you stay out for some days it does work.

Can anyone refer to a website or tell me for sure how many days there should be between 2 toristvisas of 30 days.?

I am not married.Not 50 and work outside on a rotation.

I dont need to be told to get a real visa,because what I am doing works for me anyway.

It would be nice to know if there was a number of days you need to be out before you come back in again.

Thanks

This is the Visas and migration to other countries forum.

Visas and migration to other countries than Thailand. For example postings about Thais going abroad or how farangs or Thais can enter other Asian or western countries.

You want the Thai visas, residency and work permits forum.

Visa, visa runs, visa extensions, work permit, immigration, residency in Thailand.

I'll ask the mods to move it to the correct forum.

You seem to be asking about 30 day visa exempt entries that are not tourist visas. 

There is not set amount of time you need to be out of the country to get another one.

Once your reach 6 of them the immigration officer will get an alert to check your history of entries and you may be pulled to the side and be asked what you are doing here.

How long do you normally stay out of the country for your work rotation.

If you need to stay longer than 30 days you can get a 30 day extension of your entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You seem to be asking about 30 day visa exempt entries that are not tourist visas. 

There is not set amount of time you need to be out of the country to get another one.

Once your reach 6 of them the immigration officer will get an alert to check your history of entries and you may be pulled to the side and be asked what you are doing here.

How long do you normally stay out of the country for your work rotation.

If you need to stay longer than 30 days you can get a 30 day extension of your entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Thanks ubonjoe.

You seems to be the man that have most of the anwers on this topic.

My rotation now is 2 weeks work and 3 weeks home(In Thailand).It used to be 2 on and 4 of.

I have been doin this since 2008 and it is working okey.

I have been questioned once.A few months ago and nothing after that.

Maybe my explenation was put into the computer, I dont know.

I dont see any reason for me to get a propper visa when I am not braking any rules.

I am not married or over 50 so I dont see any visa that can fit my purpose anyway.

3 months I can get but why bother.

I dont work in my own country either so it would be a big extracost to go there just to get a 1 year.

Im not  even sure I can get a 1 year from there.

I have passed 80 visits in the last 10 years now.

I have no idea why this works at all.

When I was stopped they couldnt give me any good anwer on my question either on how long time between.

Thanks 

• Like 1

You seem to be doing your entries without a problem. Just be prepared to show the equivalent of 20k baht and a ticket out of the country if they asked to see it.

If you are doing your entries at BKK that helps a lot. Other airports can be a problem.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You seem to be doing your entries without a problem. Just be prepared to show the equivalent of 20k baht and a ticket out of the country if they asked to see it.

If you are doing your entries at BKK that helps a lot. Other airports can be a problem.

I have always my returnticket with me.The cash is just an  ATM away.

Dont know if kids matter,but ofcourse I have my small ones  birthsertificate and my adressbook and lease on land in backup.

They dont seems to have any visa-alternative for people in my situasion,and they cant realy say that Im doing anything wrong.

Ofcourse getting married is not an option either.

So I guess there isnt any specific number of days I must stay out then.Just my luck it works for me.

Thanks Joe

10 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Dont know if kids matter,but ofcourse I have my small ones  birthsertificate and my adressbook and lease on land in backup.

They dont seems to have any visa-alternative for people in my situasion,and they cant realy say that Im doing anything wrong.

Ofcourse getting married is not an option either.

So I guess there isnt any specific number of days I must stay out then.Just my luck it works for me.

Thanks Joe

If your children are Thai you can get visas and/or an extension of stay based upon being their father.

If you have 400k baht in the bank you could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have 400k baht in the bank you could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

Hi, would you have any details or a link to the paperwork needed for this process, I travel in similar conditions to the OP and had a marriage visa before but the hassle to obtain it was not worth the stress with having work / travel commitments

This particular visa sounds like a much more viable option for me

4 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Hi, would you have any details or a link to the paperwork needed for this process, I travel in similar conditions to the OP and had a marriage visa before but the hassle to obtain it was not worth the stress with having work / travel commitments

This particular visa sounds like a much more viable option for me

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. You can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. In Penang you would need to show the 400k baht.

To get the visa you need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. You can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. In Penang you would need to show the 400k baht.

To get the visa you need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Thank you...

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If your children are Thai you can get visas and/or an extension of stay based upon being their father.

Oh.That I could use my kids birthsertificate is new to me.I thought it was only married or turned 50 that was available.

The money can always be raised if needed.

Thanks Joe

15 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

I do not think they let you go to an ATM and get cash to show if they wish to deny entry on "insufficient funds to support" in Thailand.  In many cases posted here, they used this reason for denial of entry when the person did have the money - they did not ask to see it and wrote the reason for rejection in Thai, leaving the traveler clueless.

I would suggest that, if any questioning begins, show the money, flight-out ticket, and your proof of non-Thai employment, immediately - in a friendly and 'being helpful' way, of course.

19 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

The cash is just an  ATM away.

Beware of this. You might not get the chance to withdraw it, even if you insist.

Btw, I have been looking for ATMs before entering the immigration checkpoint at BKK many times. After there are many, before not so much.

Edited by thaibreaker

4 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Oh.That I could use my kids birthsertificate is new to me.I thought it was only married or turned 50 that was available.

The money can always be raised if needed.

Thanks Joe

Just being the father is not enough for the non o visa, you have to be married (which you previously stated you are not) or have legal custody of the children which you have to get via the courts. I tried to get one under the same circumstances last year.

I am in a very similar situation as you roughly 2 weeks here and 2 weeks away and have been doing it for over 10 years. Earlier this year I went to the UK for 4 days then returned with no problems.

Years ago they said we could only have three 30 day visits in a 6 month period without any visa, it was not law and I'm not sure they ever enforced it, non o visas were easier to get then so I travelled on those visas for 3 years but then on my 4th application the consulate told me not to bother as not necessary. However every now and then at immigration they tell me next time you must have visa. I have now worked out on the three occasions this has happened if I total up the number of days spent in Thailand during the previous 6 months it has gone slightly over 90 days. As 90 days would be the same number of days allowed with three visa exempt entries in a 6 month period this seems to be a trigger to ask me more questions and some officers tell me to get at visa, this is just my theory by the way.

Last week I was told to get a visa again so I totalled up the previous 6 months and it would be 93 days upto the end of August. However next time I arrive later this month, if my theory is correct the measuring period will be April to September which will knock me back under 90 days as I stayed for 20 days last March. I'll see what happens. And before any helpful posters say why don't you just get a tourist visa I have only 1 blank page left in my passport and do not have the time to renew my passport and go get a visa before my next visit.

3 minutes ago, iian23 said:

Just being the father is not enough for the non o visa, you have to be married (which you previously stated you are not) or have legal custody of the children which you have to get via the courts. I tried to get one under the same circumstances last year.

To get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Penang. All that is needed is your child's birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry plus the 400k baht in the bank.

To get a one year extension at immigration you would to have to have your parenthood legitimized by a court or the Amphoe if 7 years old or over.

You can also get 60 day extension to visit your child for any type of entry.

See this topic.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Penang. All that is needed is your child's birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry plus the 400k baht in the bank.

To get a one year extension at immigration you would to have to have your parenthood legitimized by a court or the Amphoe if 7 years old or over.

You can also get 60 day extension to visit your child for any type of entry.

See this topic.

Not according to the Thai consulate in Hull and Liverpool I even tried the Thai embassy in London who were quite adamant. They said we cannot give o visa  just because you have a baby there are lots of farrangs who have babies but have nothing to do with their up bringing. Hence the rule you have to have legal custody or be married. I can see their point when I think about it.

Sounds like that rule is not being applied in Penang if the above statements are up to date, which would not surprise me. I just know they will not give me one in the UK based on me being the father of a half Thai child.

2 hours ago, iian23 said:

I am in a very similar situation as you roughly 2 weeks here and 2 weeks away and have been doing it for over 10 years. Earlier this year I went to the UK for 4 days then returned with no problems.

Years ago they said we could only have three 30 day visits in a 6 month period without any visa, it was not law and I'm not sure they ever enforced it, non o visas were easier to get then so I travelled on those visas for 3 years but then on my 4th application the consulate told me not to bother as not necessary. However every now and then at immigration they tell me next time you must have visa. I have now worked out on the three occasions this has happened if I total up the number of days spent in Thailand during the previous 6 months it has gone slightly over 90 days. As 90 days would be the same number of days allowed with three visa exempt entries in a 6 month period this seems to be a trigger to ask me more questions and some officers tell me to get at visa, this is just my theory by the way.

Last week I was told to get a visa again so I totalled up the previous 6 months and it would be 93 days upto the end of August. However next time I arrive later this month, if my theory is correct the measuring period will be April to September which will knock me back under 90 days as I stayed for 20 days last March. I'll see what happens. And before any helpful posters say why don't you just get a tourist visa I have only 1 blank page left in my passport and do not have the time to renew my passport and go get a visa before my next visit.

Yea maybe right that it has something to do with 90 days .I wil do the math in my passport to see if you are on to something.I have no marks in my passport so I am not sure when I was questioned.

I do know that I have to get my  parenthood legitimized by the court.I am not sure if that is needed if my small one get here foreign passport.I might need to go to court anyway to fullfill the

thai law of it as obonjoe said. It is not the Thai system that <deleted> it up for me at the moment.Its the Norwegian one.They also want the same form from the court.Only because I have moved my adress to Thailand.If I had an adress in Norway it would be easy and already done.

Just for info i re-entered BKK yesterday and it was my 3rd Visa exempt in the past 12 months. After my first Visa exempt i was back in UK for over 4 weeks, after my second i was in P'pinnes for 3 weeks. I was questioned and asked why i did not have a Visa. I simply explained that i was going to Myanmar in 3 weeks. No further questions were asked, however it does appear that immigration are looking out for Visa Exempt repeat entries.  

In the past 6 months i have been in Thailand for 77 days so far but that would rise to over 100 by the end of this Visa Exempt period (one extension).

Edited by rogeroc

I have a question .... this is my fith time to thailand and using METV so if I want to go to per say Vietnam with my Canadian/Thai National common law wife ..Do I need a special eit and entry permit on my eisting Visa this is the first time for us to do this.

Thank you for your future respond. Will appreciate very much.

I had good advised previously from Ubonjoe hope to ear from you.

27 minutes ago, mettech said:

I have a question .... this is my fith time to thailand and using METV so if I want to go to per say Vietnam with my Canadian/Thai National common law wife ..Do I need a special eit and entry permit on my eisting Visa this is the first time for us to do this.

You need a visa on arrival on a Canadian passport when you are going to Vietnam.You can go in and out of Thailand as much as you want on on youre METV.

Youre wife should have a Thai passport and can go to Vietnam up to 15 days without a visa. If she is using a Canadian passport,the same rules goes for her. 

http://govietnamvisa.com/page/vietnam-visa-for-canadians?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0rm-BRCn85bm8uS-zK0BEiQAHo4vrFWuY6o53WMLvtvUAaP6T5djVkTfPc7ve2inf7HYp1UaAtao8P8HAQ

http://www.instantvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-on-arrival-all-in-one-page/

Thank you so much Odin Norway 

This will help me to navigate the different option as of to visit neighbor country so I really need visa for Vietnam even though we will be going for perhaps a week or so.

Wife has both passport ( lucky her) so less problem that way.

Again thanks a lot.

10 hours ago, mettech said:

If your METV is still valid you don't need a re-entry permit. You will get a new 60 day entry up to the enter before date on your visa. There is no limit on the number of entries you can do using the visa.