webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imprisoned Dane has returned to Denmark

by Maria Jønsson

Peter-jensen1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- 50-year-old Peter Jensen, who has been imprisoned in Thailand since 2014, has now returned to Denmark in order to serve his sentence there.

On 14 September 2016, Peter Jensen was in court for a preliminary hearing in Hjørring in Denmark, accused of tax fraud concerning nine different VAT and tax evasion for a total of approximately 8.5 million DKK. Peter Jensen denied the charges, but he admitted that he had been in charge of some of the companies that the indictment concerned.

Prior to the hearing in Denmark, Peter Jensen was imprisoned in Thailand. The Danish authorities wanted him extradited to face prosecution in Denmark, but as it turned out that Peter Jensen had a quarrel with the Thai authorities, he had to serve his sentence of two years in Thailand before being extradited to Denmark.

Full story: http://scandasia.com/imprisoned-dane-has-returned-to-denmark/

-- ScandAsia 2016-09-15

Hey...how could the thai authority keeps him for so long without committing any crime in Thailand? Yes, they arrested him on an int arrest warrant therefore Thailand should have immediately transferred him to the Dane Authority  why keep him there??

On 9/5/2016 at 3:52 PM, colinneil said:

Poor bugger life in a Thai prison is no fun ( i know been there).

Surely someone somewhere can help him, Thai justice can run very slowly and the poor man will just have to sit it out.

Mind, this is maybe because the justice department in Denmark used Thailand to hit back at a Dane escaping the tax office just because they can do, not because they were right.

Looks to me the same as the Dutchman who did nothing wrong in Thailand but was put in prison for the rest of his life because the Dutch justice system could not get him in prison.

Seems to be a new trend coming from Europe, use Thailand to hit back at nationals legally untouchable in their own country.

Guess it is a EU thing.

I never knew the guy,and i havent been following the story,but i have to be honest(well maybe not too honest) if he was wanted for VAT fraud or Tax evasion/fraud,then he's my type of guy.I love it when Tax and Vat get scammed.They are nothing but. vampires on the neck of society anyway.A good scam on a public authority is a great crime.It takes brains and being able to screw around with figures.I liked the credit card frauds as well years ago.The Amex one was the best.The only people that got hit,were the insurance companies,and they are scammers in their own right.

But when it gets personal and people are losing their money(sometimes their life savings) thats when the good con man becomes scum.But even in those cases you have to allow for a ratio of personal greed on the scamees part.

I always think that the great train robbery was a damned good heist.Well planned,and executed,and it embarrassed the government.It all went tits up when the idiot hit the railway guard.If that had not happened,they would have been working class, latter day heroes.instead (and because of the embarrassment to H.M government)the sentences they were handed were beyond belief.

I thought the best one i read of here was the  guy dressed in a uniform,and carrying a bogus form getting  people to pay him their water bill money.In cash no less,ferangs and thais alike.Nice one.

On 16/9/2016 at 1:08 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I never knew the guy,and i havent been following the story,but i have to be honest(well maybe not too honest) if he was wanted for VAT fraud or Tax evasion/fraud,then he's my type of guy.I love it when Tax and Vat get scammed.They are nothing but. vampires on the neck of society anyway.A good scam on a public authority is a great crime.It takes brains and being able to screw around with figures.I liked the credit card frauds as well years ago.The Amex one was the best.The only people that got hit,were the insurance companies,and they are scammers in their own right.

But when it gets personal and people are losing their money(sometimes their life savings) thats when the good con man becomes scum.But even in those cases you have to allow for a ratio of personal greed on the scamees part.

I always think that the great train robbery was a damned good heist.Well planned,and executed,and it embarrassed the government.It all went tits up when the idiot hit the railway guard.If that had not happened,they would have been working class, latter day heroes.instead (and because of the embarrassment to H.M government)the sentences they were handed were beyond belief.

I thought the best one i read of here was the  guy dressed in a uniform,and carrying a bogus form getting  people to pay him their water bill money.In cash no less,ferangs and thais alike.Nice one.

I loved the one where the guy picked up the ATM with a forklift and drove off with it. 

As long as no one is physically hurt, I always secretly hope these guys get away with the loot. Lol.

Great post.

On 9/5/2016 at 11:18 AM, jamesbrock said:

8 years in a Thai prison while going through the Thai (in)justice system because of a debt he owes the Dutch government - is there something I'm missing?? :blink:

Never mind.

Edited by Xircal