Not a drugs bust - this is frozen beef from India was heading for Bangkok!

Jonathan Fairfield

Not a drugs bust - this is frozen beef from India was heading for Bangkok!

dn.png

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- The picture looks like just another Thai drugs bust - but this time the hefty merchandise is of an entirely different nature - frozen beef that came from India.

And it could have ended up in your burgers.

Police who made the seizure in Songkhla said that it could carry diseases and be dangerous for consumers as it had entered the country illegally without customs' clearance.

The 3,700 kilos of compressed and frozen beef originated in India and came into the country via the Malaysia  border. 

Police in Sathing Phra said it was headed for the south and Bangkok where it would be sold in markets for 220 - 240 baht a kilo.

That represented a 50% mark up on its original price. The driver was arrested. Abdullah Chit Hayisalamae, 48, said he was just a mule and Mr Big, the owner of the shipment, was a trader in Songkhla.

Police detained the driver and are looking for Mr Big.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-05

20 hours ago, mercman24 said:

frozen beef in a non refridgerated  pick up truck, think i will pass on this one, no thankyou

At the Marko i've seen the WHOLE freezers (huge ones) being defrosted, they just turned them on again and mai pen lai. Everything was soft.

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Yes, Makro has a lot of branches. Area specific please.

Chaeng wattana.

Also Villa Market always had the top bags of flench fly's defrosted, i warned the manager twice but nothing changed so i never went back there. They overloaded the freezers all the time and those didn't have a glass cover. 

But if you're so scared for that you shouldn't eat at any local restaurant or market/streetstand. In Topsy i've seen "fresh" minced meat which was totally frozen after being repacked into 250 gram packages.

And in every makro/tesco i've been i see people grabbing meat with bare hands to continue shopping with their cart.....

And on every market i see butchers wearing gloves but also receiving/giving cash with the same gloves :clap2:

Edited by Thian

22 hours ago, Mook23 said:

no bpobleeeeeeeeeem. can fleeze again.  falang him think too much.  thailand.  no bpobleeeeeeeeeem... 

Thailand no problem.......... UK was no problem for Tesco......If you want to buy horse meat.......:coffee1: