Affordable good hospital in Pattaya recomendations?

thaibeachlovers

Was admitted there once for 4 days. Treated well and not expensive. However I was also admitted to Banglamung Hospital for a few days. Not as good amenities but the care was good and a lot lot cheaper! Think it was about 4,000 for 3 days and all the meds and care.

21 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I've been to Pattaya International Hospital numerous times over 6 years, including for treatment after a moderate motorcycle accident. Always felt I got good treatment or diagnoses. Wasn't too expensive either.

I also think that PIH is a reasonable compromise, though I have never been admitted there and have only used it as an outpatient.

I think you will find that for all of the hospitals each one has both its fans and detractors. They all can get pricey if you stay overnight. It might be better if you asked for a recommendation for a particular treatment required and then contributors can comment on their own experience for that particular treatment and operation

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

I think you will find that for all of the hospitals each one has both its fans and detractors. They all can get pricey if you stay overnight. It might be better if you asked for a recommendation for a particular treatment required and then contributors can comment on their own experience for that particular treatment and operation

I don't have anything needing doing now. It's for future problems.

Thanks for all the replys.

On 6 กันยายน 2559 at 5:32 PM, lor said:

Was admitted there once for 4 days. Treated well and not expensive. However I was also admitted to Banglamung Hospital for a few days. Not as good amenities but the care was good and a lot lot cheaper! Think it was about 4,000 for 3 days and all the meds and care.

Wow. Private hospital in Lamphun was 52,000 baht for 3 days. Only needed IV. Nothing flash at all. Luckily I had insurance.

14 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Excellent choice close to the fleabag hotels around Soi Buakhao.

Possibly not to be confused with the side streets right opposite the hospital which are mostly new build and part of the extensive new builds leading down towards the Avenue.

On 06/09/2016 at 11:32 AM, lor said:

4000 for 4 days!? More like 40,000 one would expect.

3 hours ago, Missing Troll said:

Pattaya memorial hospital is reasonable and good care, my grandson stayed there with pneumonia for a couple of years ago and he got really good care. You should get insurance so then you don't have to worry to much.

Perhaps you do not know that over 65 insurance can be hard or unaffordable to obtain.

I have insurance, but I may not be able to keep it.

3 hours ago, Missing Troll said:

Pattaya memorial hospital is reasonable and good care, my grandson stayed there with pneumonia for a couple of years ago and he got really good care. You should get insurance so then you don't have to worry to much.

I have used PMH for years. Worth taking out the annual VIP membership for the checkup included in the 1500b price IMHO.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2016 at 10:35 AM, i claudius said:

If you can get to it ,Queen Sirikit navel hospital in Satahip, i get very good treatment there at very good prices .and the meds are cheaper than you can buy in Farcino .,unlike twice the cost in BPH .

Hello,

Can you confirm that the meds are always cheaper at Sirikit than any pharmacy ?

Thank you.

On 9/9/2016 at 10:35 AM, i claudius said:

If you can get to it ,Queen Sirikit navel hospital in Satahip, i get very good treatment there at very good prices .and the meds are cheaper than you can buy in Farcino .,unlike twice the cost in BPH .

When I got my membership card for Queen Sirikit there were what seemed like hundreds of people waiting to see a doctor, so I imagine you wouldn't need to  be seeking urgent treatment. I had a gallbladder operation recently that was an emergency, so had to go to Pattaya/Bkk hospital. Cost me 200,000 baht for the op and 3 days stay, but the treatment and service were exemplary.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

When I got my membership card for Queen Sirikit there were what seemed like hundreds of people waiting to see a doctor, so I imagine you wouldn't need to  be seeking urgent treatment. I had a gallbladder operation recently that was an emergency, so had to go to Pattaya/Bkk hospital. Cost me 200,000 baht for the op and 3 days stay, but the treatment and service were exemplary.
I have not had to use it for an emegency, the problem for that is we are to far away to call an ambulance but they do have an emergency service just like all hospitals.
When i go yes there is a lot waiting .if i have an 8am appointment we usually turn up about 7 it does take about 3 hours to get my appointment but the waiting room is clean air conditioned and there are plenty of places to sit and eat or drink also the cost for seeing my doctor( she is the doctor at the international hospital in Pattaya) costs 900 baht.when i originally saw a doctor in Pattaya it cost 5000 baht and i was told i needed an immediate 52k operation that was about 5 years ago. Still dont need the operation . So well worth the wait once every 6 months

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

On 9/8/2016 at 11:37 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't have anything needing doing now. It's for future problems.

Thanks for all the replys.

Worrying about if and when you get crook, I dont think it is a medical Dr you need. Stop fretting and smell the roses.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I believe Sirikit does have an ambulance service. Don't suppose anyone here has tried it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

my doctor( she is the doctor at the international hospital in Pattaya) costs 900 baht.when i originally saw a doctor in Pattaya it cost 5000 baht

Doesn't cost anything like 5000 baht to see a doctor at Bkk/Pattaya hospital, more like 500 baht.

• Like 1